News Main Street Electrical Parade and A Christmas Fantasy Parade to return

mharrington

I'm impressed about the new segment being added to the parade. It feels like how the original Tokyo Disneyland version ended with Small World (and still does with the Dreamlights version). Here's a sample video of the original Tokyo parade (there are plenty of those on YouTube, if you're interested):

It would be nice if they revived the old Briny Deep segment, which for a time was repurposed as a Pinocchio segment before Pleasure Island became the official Pinocchio segment of the parade. Here's a video of that (I apologize for the bad quality):

The Briny Deep/Pinocchio Underwater segment, for obvious reasons, could be repurposed as a Little Mermaid segment, with Ariel in place of Pinocchio and maybe a giant Ursula float replacing Monstro (not unlike the original SpectroMagic, come to think of it).

Centauri Space Station

When a 50th anniversary of a parade has better option than a 50th anniversary of a resort .....
Yikes
😬
They literally brought the same floats and reskinned the final float
We have Paint the Night in DCA
we Have Electrical Parade at DISNEYLAND

That counts
Disneyland 2 night parades
Disney World 0
😂
That says alot.
Festival of fantasy was announced and PTN is still in limbo
Send PTN to Florida! Magic Happens, MSEP, ANYTHING! Lordt, I can feel the desperation through the posts.

What kills me is some of them are saying WDW has gotten nothing for its 50th, but Disneyland, for whatever reason, gets to celebrate MSEP’s 50th, completely ignoring the fact that MSEP is Disneyland’s parade. It’s the lack of facts and delusion for me.
Very weird considering WDW got two new firework shows, the electric water pageant and soon a reimagined Fantasmic.

Last edited:

Californian Elitist

Very weird considering WDW got two new firework shows, the electric water pageant and soon a reimagined Fantasmic.
The general consensus seems to be that WDW’s 50th has been a bust/dud. Fans aren’t happy, but they’re confusing their unhappiness with facts, because the fact is WDW HAS gotten stuff for their 50th. Just because they don’t like said stuff, it doesn’t mean they got nothing.

Centauri Space Station

The general consensus seems to be that WDW’s 50th has been a bust/dud. Fans aren’t happy, but they’re confusing their unhappiness with facts, because the fact is WDW HAS gotten stuff for their 50th. Just because they don’t like said stuff, it doesn’t mean they got nothing.
Agreed. I’m not saying it’s the best they coulda gotten but facts are there is new stuff there and DL is getting mostly stuff that was cut due to the pandemic back for the first time

Californian Elitist

Agreed. I’m not saying it’s the best they coulda gotten but facts are there is new stuff there and DL is getting mostly stuff that was cut due to the pandemic back for the first time
I mean, don’t get me wrong. The apparent lack of quality entertainment at WDW is embarrassing, especially given its 50th anniversary, and I do think it’s funny that WDW fans are begging for our entertainment offerings, despite getting new entertainment a few months ago. But yeah, facts are facts.

Vegas Disney Fan

Just yet another example of Disneyland proving it is the superior choice.

😎

-

I hate to say it but DL is a disaster right now, we went over the weekend and stood in a 45 minute LL for Space, a 35 minute LL for Radiator Springs, and a 40 minute LL for Indy. There were a TON of angry people around us who were upset they paid extra to stand in long lines.

Disney would be smart to drop Genie+ and LL immediately and just add $20 to the ticket price and bring back “free” FP. As guests we’d pay the same price in the end (and Disney would make equal to 100% Genie buy-in) but the expectation would be different since we wouldn’t be paying “extra” for a premium product and then feeling we didn’t get anything near a premium product.

Genie+ and LL have destroyed the queue system, at Space Mountain the LL queue was as long as the old standby queue and the standby queue was about 50 people long (and a 120 minute wait). The Indy LL stretched to Pirates and was using what used to be the pirates queue that goes by the elevator to 21, this forced the Pirates queue to go all the way to haunted mansion.

They are going to have to build new queues or start using the old standby queues for LL because they have nowhere to put everyone in the old FP lanes.

Californian Elitist

I don’t feel pity for guests who pay extra for quicker lines and still have to wait. Not sure what guests are expecting… NOT having to wait in some sort of line?

There’s nothing premium about LL/Genie+. I’ve been saying this since the beginning. You are literally paying twice to ride certain rides, rides that have been the same since before the implementation of this new program. The ride experiences are exactly the same. Guests are now paying for an option that was once free, but nothing has really changed, besides the fact that you no longer have to walk around the parks for passes anymore. How is that a premium?

Disney is playing its guests and guests are falling for it.

el_super

It's just that Disneyland just plain doesn't want to run it, and there's yet to be any real or clear reason given as to why that is.

It's a business, so it's not really a matter of want. They don't need to run it because they can meet their guest satisfaction /attendance / financial targets without it. That's says a lot about that parade that it's still being beat by a 50 year old dinosaur (sorry... Dragon).

Think about it, it's now been worth more to Disney to spend money remounting MSEP twice, and designing / developing a new float concept for MSEP than it was in fixing whatever technical issues PTN has.

Maybe PTN is too expensive to run, but again from a purely business standpoint, if you can run a cheaper parade and get the same attendance, why spend the money?

I don't think PTN is all that bad, but if Disney can't find a good reason to bother with it, even after the expense of cloning it from Hong Kong then yeah, that says more about PTN then anything else.

Vegas Disney Fan

I don’t feel pity for guests who pay extra for quicker lines and still have to wait. Not sure what guests are expecting… NOT having to wait in some sort of line?

There’s nothing premium about LL/Genie+. I’ve been saying this since the beginning. You are literally paying twice to ride certain rides, rides that have been the same since before the implementation of this new program. The ride experiences are exactly the same. Guests are now paying for an option that was once free, but nothing has really changed, besides the fact that you no longer have to walk around the parks for passes anymore. How is that a premium?

Disney is playing its guests and guests are falling for it.

We expected something similar to FP, unfortunately it seem Disney is allocating way more spots to LL then they ever did to FP so the wait is much longer. The bigger problem is it’s made the standby lines unbearable… we did some standby lines where we watched hundreds of LL pass before we would move, it’s one thing to slowly move through a long line, it’s much worse to stand stationary wondering if/when you’ll move again, when people are sitting on the ground because they havent moved in so long the systems clearly broken.

Dear Prudence

Given that the America segment always looked like a giant strip of bacon I just assumed it was a an ode to America’s love of consuming pork byproducts. Missed opportunity to have a muppet led float with Sam Eagle.

Also an interesting the two remaining remnants of the ‘76-77 bicentennial- the America Sings/Splash AAs and the bacon flag float are perhaps finally fading away together.

Still refreshing to see TDA put on a nice little 50th anniversary…. for a parade. Looks like a nice mix of entertainment for the summer. All that’s missing is KiteTails.
I just spit water EVERYWHERE.

Also, I am.glad I was not the only person who ever thought that it looked like bacon. 😬

BuzzedPotatoHead89

We expected something similar to FP, unfortunately it seem Disney is allocating way more spots to LL then they ever did to FP so the wait is much longer. The bigger problem is it’s made the standby lines unbearable… we did some standby lines where we watched hundreds of LL pass before we would move, it’s one thing to slowly move through a long line, it’s much worse to stand stationary wondering if/when you’ll move again, when people are sitting on the ground because they havent moved in so long the systems clearly broken.
I experienced something similar last weekend and just buckled to Genie+.

I recall hearing on a podcast (Jim Hill?) that the Genie ratio had changed from a 4:1 to something like a 9:1 FP:Standby quota but that’s just a rumor. Could have misheard it though.

Vegas Disney Fan

I experienced something similar last weekend and just buckled to Genie+.

I recall hearing on a podcast (Jim Hill?) that the Genie ratio had changed from a 4:1 to something like a 9:1 FP:Standby quota but that’s just a rumor. Could have misheard it though.
That was our experience also, we didn’t plan to use it but caved because the standby lines were so miserable. They’ve created a system that’s so bad your only choices are pay for LL or not go on rides.

Disney Analyst

I’ve cracked jokes about Kite Tails, but it’s literally the only 50th anniversary addition that’s I’m interested in seeing in person lmao.

It’s one of those Disney not taking itself seriously moments that just works. It’s cheesy. It feels like one of those Disneyland inflatable parades from the past when they promoted the latest movie.

I live for it. So bad it’s good.

Californian Elitist

Of course standby lines are unbearable. That’s what Disney wants, so guests will then spend money. Disney is getting what they want. They knew guests would fall for it. Some of us could see right through the BS even before this thing launched. It’s a scam.

Either way, you’re going to stand in a line and you have to be okay with that. Personally, I don’t think waiting in line for 35 minutes is a long time. I’m not sure why those around you were mad, unless they expected to immediately hop on the ride. That’s their own fault though, not Disney’s.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom