Main Street Bakery to Serve Starbucks Coffee

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
Maybe they'll turn Tomorrowland Terrace into a bakery!

Kidding of course.

That would be the best darn thing that could happen to Tommorrowland Terrace! Everything that has gone into that venue has been cursed. Thinking there is likely a non compete clause in Starbucks contract regarding bakery within "x" amount of feet.

Gabe1

Joffrey's will have a presence, but to what extent is not fully known. Starbucks does have a more recognizable name and presence, and Disney saw the potential for bringing them into the parks....

I believe Joffery contract is very clear, it will have a major presence.
Almost everywhere where NesCafe was served minus new Starbucks locations including resorts. That is a mega contract for Joffery.

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
I believe Joffery contract is very clear, it will have a major presence.
Almost everywhere where NesCafe was served minus new Starbucks locations including resorts. That is a mega contract for Joffery.

Then you have alternatives. But for Disney bringing in Starbucks, the bakery on MSUSA was one of the agreed-to locales.....

NewfieFan

Wanna bet it's going to overflow more now then it ever did before?

No doubt! I'm sure there's people who will be thrilled and a majority of guests won't know and or care the MS Bakery disappeared. I just think it's quite sad that the Bakery had to disappear to bring in Starbucks. The baked goods were for the most part quite fresh and a nice treat. The seating (while limited) was still suitable and a nice break from the heat and crowds (plus there just something special about stopping for a moment at the Bakery while on Main Street). I actually enjoyed their breakfast croissants and looked forward to them on our laid back mornings at the MK.
I kind of smirked at everyone who got their panties in a knot when this was first announced. I figured typical fanboy reactions, can't handle change, worst case scenario, etc. But it happened... it actually happened, they did remove the MS Bakery and replace it with a Starbucks. For once the panic was warranted.

I do not have high hopes for the Fountain View in Epcot. I will start to mourn now my quiet place on the patio, eating mint chocolate chip ice cream, while listening to the fountain show. :(

Magenta Panther

A word about Starbuck's sandwiches. They are awful. Period. I tried the new ham sandwich the other day. It LOOKS good, but I have never eaten anything so tasteless, and bear in mind I've eaten at the Sci-Fi Diner and the Backlot Express. I know what I'm talkin' about. :p Starbucks has a LOOOONNNNG way to go before its non-coffee items equal in variety and quality the items offered by Panera Bread. Just sayin'. Still like the coffee though.

maxairmike

It looks great in terms of the themeing, but I am very surprised and disappointed at how small and rather pathetic the pastry and snack options are, especially after seeing how many options they had at DCA. This was definitely the result of TDO (or venue management) not caring, because I doubt Starbucks required the no Disney items before 11am considering the wealth of Disney items available at FF&P in DCA from open to close. I don't care about the cinnamon rolls, as they were good but not really any better than the canned Pillsbury rolls, but the general lack of Disney options is kind of off-putting.

Oh well, looks like I'll be getting my coffee/frappucinno and hoping they have the marble pound cake for a snack, as that's probably my favorite Starbucks snack.

maxairmike

A word about Starbuck's sandwiches. They are awful. Period. I tried the new ham sandwich the other day. It LOOKS good, but I have never eaten anything so tasteless, and bear in mind I've eaten at the Sci-Fi Diner and the Backlot Express. I know what I'm talkin' about. :p Starbucks has a LOOOONNNNG way to go before its non-coffee items equal in variety and quality the items offered by Panera Bread. Just sayin'. Still like the coffee though.

I had the sausage muffin sandwich out at DCA and definitely preferred it over McDonalds, it seemed pretty good, right in line with what I expected. I wouldn't call it amazing or the best thing ever, but I certainly wouldn't call it awful.

mm52200

No doubt! I'm sure there's people who will be thrilled and a majority of guests won't know and or care the MS Bakery disappeared. I just think it's quite sad that the Bakery had to disappear to bring in Starbucks. The baked goods were for the most part quite fresh and a nice treat. The seating (while limited) was still suitable and a nice break from the heat and crowds (plus there just something special about stopping for a moment at the Bakery while on Main Street). I actually enjoyed their breakfast croissants and looked forward to them on our laid back mornings at the MK.
I kind of smirked at everyone who got their panties in a knot when this was first announced. I figured typical fanboy reactions, can't handle change, worst case scenario, etc. But it happened... it actually happened, they did remove the MS Bakery and replace it with a Starbucks. For once the panic was warranted.

I felt the exact same way, even up till a few weeks ago. I thought everyone was freaking out over nothing and that everything would work out fine. I thought if anything the Bakery would just be more crowded with the addition of Starbucks and that if anything, the extensive refurb would result in them finding a way to expand seating capacity. But like you said, it really happened.

Gabe1

Then you have alternatives. But for Disney bringing in Starbucks, the bakery on MSUSA was one of the agreed-to locales.....

We all know this, what does that have to do with Joffery's unknown presences you questioned? It is a given that Starbucks and Joffery's give guests an obvious choice. Point?

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
We all know this, what does that have to do with Joffery's unknown presences you questioned? It is a given that Starbucks and Joffery's give guests an obvious choice. Point?

The point was Joffrey's presence is surmised, but hasn't been fully established yet. The presence of Starbucks has, for better or worse. And nothing is going to change that.....

MissM

The thing I'm really bummed about is the extreme reduction in actual "Bakery" items. Having seen the DCA photos, it looked like Starbucks was going to be an addition to the selections offered, not a replacement. That really, really bums me out because there were so many yummy things to snack on there. The carrot cake, the various pastries - all gone?? Truly? That is SO sad to me.

I could care less about coffee - I loathe the stuff in general - but to lose all the unique offerings of the actual Bakery AND the seating? Ugh. I feel like I've been kicked in the proverbial junk. :(

Magenta Panther

I had the sausage muffin sandwich out at DCA and definitely preferred it over McDonalds, it seemed pretty good, right in line with what I expected. I wouldn't call it amazing or the best thing ever, but I certainly wouldn't call it awful.

Oops, sorry, I was talking about Starbuck's new line of deli sandwiches. I do agree that the breakfast sandwiches are really pretty good. Better than Mcdonald's. Mea culpa.

maxairmike

Ahh that makes more sense. I don't pay any attention to what they carry outside of the pastries and breakfast sandwiches (at any Starbucks), and likely wouldn't even try lunch/dinner style food options because I wouldn't expect them to be that good, that's what Panera is for. They should stick with the breakfast options.

Tinkerbell 8

I'm glad that the inside doesn't look like my neighborhood starbucks. I am upset that they don't have a lot of the bakery items on sale, I'm hoping that they will atleast offer them somewhere else on property. I am however glad that Disney finally has good coffee!! I also like that you can pay with SB gift cards as well as use a snack credit on your DDP. I am looking forward to stopping here on my trip in November to grab a frappichino before making my way to Gastons Tavern to grab a sticky bun :)

willtravel

1. This is not a “Bakery” anymore. Its a Starbucks exclusively. It has some baked goods but it has ceased to be the Main Street Bakery. Its not about the cinnamon buns for me. It was the numerous baked goods that made it a bakery.
  2. Why not just be honest and call it what it is:
  3. Main Street Starbucks, Inc.
    Sad….a good thing that satisfied many guests to the point of overflowing on most days has ceased to exist.
  4. Why?
Why? Money. Sponsership.

wagnerdanp

At MK today and saw people with Starbucks walking around. When I walked by it this morning a bunch of cast were in front. Assuming this is a soft open. Will try to get a pic later on when I leave.

Cosmic Commando

that may well happen but why change something that was working?
If the Bakery was failing, then a change was needed. But it was not.
This is caving in to a corporate giant instead of staying true to what has been working.
You're assuming that the old Bakery was special, instead of just a place to get breakfast in a place where people often wanted breakfast. I always thought the line was long, the food was average and the decor was tired. It was the 1970's version of 1901... now we just have a 2010's version of 1901.
Shocking! It looks like the Fiddler, Fifer and Practical Cafe in DCA, but more Main Street-y. The Hollywood Studios one will look very, very much like FF&P. The Animal Kingdom one will look like FF&P, but more African or Asian or generically indigenous. Epcot is the only wild card: it could look like any modern Starbucks or a cool vision of the future.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom