Main Street Bakery to Serve Starbucks Coffee

Goofyernmost

With all the interest in the cinnamon roll you would think that it would be offered in the place that it was most popular. They offer different cup cakes all over Disney world and they are still very popular.
I think I tried to make the point a little while ago that perhaps the interest in the saintly cinnamon roll is no where near as high as we have been lead to believe.
Let's just hope the new decor is fitting with Main Street & not just another carbon copy Starbucks. On the up side, at least we'll be able to get a decent cup of coffee in WDW! It was all rot-gut dishwater before. ;-P
Many pictures and descriptions of that the interior of The Bakery with Starbucks will be like, already posted many, many times. It's not a "carbon copy" Starbucks.

ParentsOf4

Let's just hope the new decor is fitting with Main Street & not just another carbon copy Starbucks. On the up side, at least we'll be able to get a decent cup of coffee in WDW! It was all rot-gut dishwater before. ;-P
Yes, looking on the bright side, the old coffee was pretty close to dishwater. Just about any other coffee would be an improvement.

NewfieFan

I've reserved my comments until now... as of the first reviews and pics, I am not impressed. I thought they would throw in some Starbucks coffee and some signage but for the most part leave the place alone. I'm disappointed the Disney baked goods are pretty much gone. I loved the cinnamon rolls (Gaston's are not the same), the warm banana bread pudding, chocolate croissants, etc. I also loved the seating in there. It was great place to enjoy a little something sweet from the crowds and heat. As for the Starbucks coffee, I don't care because I'm not a coffee drinker. It's fine for those who are happy about it but it didn't affect me either way. I'm sure they could have added Starbucks without taking away the Bakery. In my opinion the Main Street Bakery is gone and has been replaced by a Starbucks that I could find anywhere. :( I will miss the baked goods and seating terribly.

mm52200

I understand they are anticipating big crowds so they have a lot of queue space but I feel like the entire space could have been worked much more efficiently that they could work in seating still. There's honestly no excuse for them to remove seating. Couldn't the huge condiment bars go around the perimeter of a room with seating in the middle? Also, there are barely any pastries left of any kind, it's a very small display case. To add insult to injury, leaving the cinnamon roll picture on the menu is VERY misleading. Like other people have said this isn't the Main Street Bakery, it's a Starbucks with Main Street USA theming.

CT2

1. This is not a “Bakery” anymore. Its a Starbucks exclusively. It has some baked goods but it has ceased to be the Main Street Bakery. Its not about the cinnamon buns for me. It was the numerous baked goods that made it a bakery.
  2. Why not just be honest and call it what it is:
  3. Main Street Starbucks, Inc.
    Sad….a good thing that satisfied many guests to the point of overflowing on most days has ceased to exist.
  4. Why?

Goofyernmost

1. This is not a “Bakery” anymore. Its a Starbucks exclusively. It has some baked goods but it has ceased to be the Main Street Bakery. Its not about the cinnamon buns for me. It was the numerous baked goods that made it a bakery.
    Sad….a good thing that satisfied many guests to the point of overflowing on most days has ceased to exist.
  4. Why?
Wanna bet it's going to overflow more now then it ever did before?

asianway

4. Why?
I still say the bank would have been the best location, if DL Main St can support a bakery, Starbucks, and 2 sit down restaurants for breakfast certainly the most attended MK could up the ante

CT2

that may well happen but why change something that was working?
If the Bakery was failing, then a change was needed. But it was not.
This is caving in to a corporate giant instead of staying true to what has
been working.

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
been working.

It wasn't the bakery that was failing, but the Necafe coffee served there. Disney sought an upgrade in that regard, and the agreement made included the MK bakery as a location, among others.....

MichWolv

Born Modest. Wore Off.
Premium Member
been working.
It's not caving if TWDC believes its going to increase Disney profits and guest satisfaction, both of which I am sure TWDC believes will happen.

mm52200

It wasn't the bakery that was failing, but the Necafe coffee served there. Disney sought an upgrade in that regard, and the agreement made included the MK bakery as a location, among others.....
The thing is, all of the coffee around WDW is changing from Nescafe to whatever the new kind is, Joffrey I think? So frankly they could of just changed the coffee supplier and solved that problem. Why couldn't the Starbucks if they so desperately wanted one go in the Tomorrowland Terrace?

MichWolv

Born Modest. Wore Off.
Premium Member
The thing is, all of the coffee around WDW is changing from Nescafe to whatever the new kind is, Joffrey I think? So frankly they could of just changed the coffee supplier and solved that problem. Why couldn't the Starbucks if they so desperately wanted one go in the Tomorrowland Terrace?
Maybe they'll turn Tomorrowland Terrace into a bakery!

Kidding of course.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR

If that statement was true Disney could have just pulled the NesCafe Coffee like they are in the balance of the NesCafe venues and replaced it with their new and great Joffery coffee and left the Main Street Bakery untouched, just offering Joffery over NesCafe.

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member

Joffrey's will have a presence, but to what extent is not fully known. Starbucks does have a more recognizable name and presence, and Disney saw the potential for bringing them into the parks....

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom