Main Street Bakery to Serve Starbucks Coffee

DDuckFan130

I just took a minute to look at the pictures for the first time. Are y'all seriously saying this place looks like every other Starbucks in the country? What do y'all's local Starbucks look like? Mine surely don't look anything like this.

I've been wondering the same thing! LOL

Goofyernmost

I've been wondering the same thing! LOL
It's possible that those that are complaining about that the most are not Starbucks lovers and therefore have probably never spent more then 7 minutes in a Starbucks in their lives. I know I haven't commented on what it looks like inside because I have never been inside a Starbucks. Looks pretty Disney to me!

nytimez

I just took a minute to look at the pictures for the first time. Are y'all seriously saying this place looks like every other Starbucks in the country? What do y'all's local Starbucks look like? Mine surely don't look anything like this.

No, I'm saying it looks like a Starbucks counter has been crammed into a Main Street building. I have no particular problem with them serving Starbucks, even if I don't particularly like their coffee. But I think the execution here is off. It's like they couldn't decide if it should continue to look like the Main Street Bakery, or look like a Starbucks - so instead you get both.

DDuckFan130

It's possible that those that are complaining about that the most are not Starbucks lovers and therefore have probably never spent more then 7 minutes in a Starbucks in their lives. I know I haven't commented on what it looks like inside because I have never been inside a Starbucks. Looks pretty Disney to me!

That's what I thought. We used to have Starbucks once a week by our school before they closed down and my sister would be the one to go in there mostly. Still, this looks Disney to me LOL

ptaylor

Premium Member
That's just it. Wouldn't people rather walk around or find a bench with a good cup of coffee than have swell indoor seating to enjoy their dregs?

Problem is outdoor seating is not good when it is 94F outside like it was today, or when a typical Florida rainstorm is in progress.

I have had the pleasure to listen to Marty Sklar give several presentations and he always stresses the importance of 'meet the needs of the people'. WDI's latest quick service at MK (Bakery and Gaston's) do not meet the needs of the people very well in my opinion.

ptaylor

Premium Member
I take it from the fact there is really only processed food here that Disney no longer have any baking ability at this location? It appears everything is coming from off site, which explains why we only have factory made Starbucks items, or the Disney treats that are made off-site.

Goofyernmost

No, I'm saying it looks like a Starbucks counter has been crammed into a Main Street building. I have no particular problem with them serving Starbucks, even if I don't particularly like their coffee. But I think the execution here is off. It's like they couldn't decide if it should continue to look like the Main Street Bakery, or look like a Starbucks - so instead you get both.
You get the Main Street Bakery on the street, still themed like we would expect and Starbucks inside. I don't understand what the problem is. Please don't say it's because it's a brand name because Disney doesn't make their own Ice Cream, Nescafe is a brand name, they never made their own coffee, they don't make hot dogs, but they sell them at Casey's. They don't manufacture Mickey Bars but they sell them, Dole Whips...where have I heard the name Dole before? The list can go on and on, but, there is no sense to it. Again the pictures have been released and it is what it is. Now the only part up for discussion is are you going to go in there because you like Starbucks or are you going to pass it by and vote with your wallet? Either way...what you see is what you get. :cool:

sweetpee_1993

So you're saying it looks like a Starbucks was placed on Main Street, the blending of the 2 entities in a singular place. Well, that's what they did. ;)

Not gonna pick thru all the pages of debate or commenting. I just looked at the pics for the first time myself and wanted to say that I would pay MONEY to have a couple of the venti sized cups that they're serving iced beverages in. Trenta would be even better! I love that they are Starbucks cups with Disney Parks applied. Yes, I just said I'd pay money for plastic cups. Ohhhh....what if they came out with the insulated straw tumblers with both logos like the plastic cups?!?! I'd be all over those!!!!!

Goofyernmost

Problem is outdoor seating is not good when it is 94F outside like it was today, or when a typical Florida rainstorm is in progress.

I have had the pleasure to listen to Marty Sklar give several presentations and he always stresses the importance of 'meet the needs of the people'. WDI's latest quick service at MK (Bakery and Gaston's) do not meet the needs of the people very well in my opinion.
How many people did the old Bakery meet the needs of when it was 90+degrees or during a rain storm. Actually it probably has more room for people during a storm then it had before.

Goofyernmost

I take it from the fact there is really only processed food here that Disney no longer have any baking ability at this location? It appears everything is coming from off site, which explains why we only have factory made Starbucks items, or the Disney treats that are made off-site.
I'm not sure that they ever had a baking ability at that location. I had read someplace that all the baking or a very large percentage of it was done at the properties central bakery and then shipped to Main Street. Can you imagine how hot it would be in there if they had ovens running all day. What you could smell outside was piped out there with Disneys make believe odor machine.

asianway

We sell the whole bean Starbucks coffee mainly for resort guests who would like better coffee in their resort room. The VIA is for those who want the caffeine on the go, since all you need is a bottled water (if you get the refreshers or iced coffee). So don't expect this merchandise to disappear
And how are they selling?

nytimez

You get the Main Street Bakery on the street, still themed like we would expect and Starbucks inside. I don't understand what the problem is. Please don't say it's because it's a brand name because Disney doesn't make their own Ice Cream, Nescafe is a brand name, they never made their own coffee, they don't make hot dogs, but they sell them at Casey's. They don't manufacture Mickey Bars but they sell them, Dole Whips...where have I heard the name Dole before? The list can go on and on, but, there is no sense to it. Again the pictures have been released and it is what it is. Now the only part up for discussion is are you going to go in there because you like Starbucks or are you going to pass it by and vote with your wallet? Either way...what you see is what you get. :cool:

Huh? where did I ever say I had a problem with the brand name? I'm on record in this thread several times saying this could be a net plus for the park if the end result is crappy Nescafe has been replaced with less crappy Starbucks.

But they just didn't do it right.

See the pics posted earlier by Empress and others for examples of how and where Starbucks was incorporated wonderfully in Disney parks.

They didn't do that here. Not sure why you'd have a problem with the fact that I don't think this looks as good as it could or should, but it doesn't.

So you're saying it looks like a Starbucks was placed on Main Street, the blending of the 2 entities in a singular place. Well, that's what they did. ;)

Yes, I said they were blended. I didn't say they were blended well. There's a difference.

sweetpee_1993

I would buy the Via if I didn't remember to bring it from home. Fresh brewed is best but in a pinch the Via is the next best thing to me. Just saying. I'm definitely someone who would be the person to purchase this.

The Refreshers, I don't know. I tried one once then dumped the bottle of mixed Refresher in with some coconut rum. Not sure if the alchohol affected it but the Refresher powder ended up being like weird clumps in the bottom of my cup. Totally like getting bits of snot or something in your mouth when drinking thru a straw. Yuck!

Goofyernmost

Huh? where did I ever say I had a problem with the brand name? I'm on record in this thread several times saying this could be a net plus for the park if the end result is crappy Nescafe has been replaced with less crappy Starbucks.

But they just didn't do it right.

See the pics posted earlier by Empress and others for examples of how and where Starbucks was incorporated wonderfully in Disney parks.

They didn't do that here. Not sure why you'd have a problem with the fact that I don't think this looks as good as it could or should, but it doesn't.

Yes, I said they were blended. I didn't say they were blended well. There's a difference.
Yes, I know you didn't say it, but, I have seen it so many times that I just wanted to head it off at the pass, if by some chance you were going to head that way. You were not, so I shouldn't have wasted my time unless it stops someone else from doing it.

In either case, I apologize for not making that clearer or for assuming that it was next. I was aware that you hadn't said it. I don't have a problem with you saying it doesn't look as good as it could or should, but, that leads me to this question. What would you have done differently to make it the way you think it should have been?

Animaniac93-98

We sell the whole bean Starbucks coffee mainly for resort guests who would like better coffee in their resort room.

And what did I just say a page ago? :D

I don't know, how well did those swords and shields sell at the King's Gallery? How well do those framed pieces sell at Art of Disney? God forbid Disney (or someone else on property) go back to the days of selling nicer merch even if it doesn't move in masses.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom