Main Street Bakery to Serve Starbucks Coffee

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
This thread has finally forced my hand...into my wallet...to pay for my order.

FC21B806-54B0-4525-986C-621B0E995570-556-00000033C7C580C1.jpg

You wanna go 50/50 with me? We'll open a DD franchise somewhere on property.

Horizons78

Grade "A" Funny...
You wanna go 50/50 with me? We'll open a DD franchise somewhere on property.

I'm in. Fairly certain we could take the Wetzel's kiosk in the Marketplace by force if we rush 'em. Last time I visited their establishment the employees looked fairly unimpressed with the working conditions. When confronted by two caffeinated fiends such as ourselves they might just hand us the keys and walk off into the sunset.

Viva la cafeina revolucion!

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
Credit for what? A piece of PR-distributed art that Disney created?

Not to open up a can of worms but I saw both pieces, I really want to know what the writing on the bottom said beyond "Visit"

I agree. Some though simply feel the need to take things to the extreme to point themselves out as "fighting the good fight" against this big, bad site....

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Credit for what? A piece of PR-distributed art that Disney created?

Not to open up a can of worms but I saw both pieces, I really want to know what the writing on the bottom said beyond "Visit"
Did you not know slightly editing an image (blurring out text) automatically makes the image your property? I know I was surprised. After learning that I decided that I was going to head over to some of your sites later today, download all of your work then crop them 1/16". After all, a slight edit will automatically make them my work. :rolleyes:

flynnibus

Premium Member
Did you not know slightly editing an image (blurring out text) automatically makes the image your property? I know I was surprised. After learning that I decided that I was going to head over to some of your sites later today, download all of your work then crop them 1/16". After all a slight edit will automatically make them my work. :rolleyes:

I think Tom was more going down the path of 'stealing my lead..' - aka not giving credit for the source of the news - not claiming ownership of the art itself. I assume said art was distributed to more than one person tho :) And that was kind of Steve's point.. the person didn't get it from 'you' when your art is blurred, and 'my' art is not.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I think Tom was more going down the path of 'stealing my lead..' - aka not giving credit for the source of the news - not claiming ownership of the art itself. I assume said art was distributed to more than one person tho :) And that was kind of Steve's point.. the person didn't get it from 'you' when your art is blurred, and 'my' art is not.
I am not so sure about that. First of all, Steve did not post it, another member did. It was not even an OP in a new thread. It was something like post 1100 in an already running thread. Second he was very adamant about having "his" picture taken down from WDWMagic. Either way it came off real bad to a good number of people.

flynnibus

Premium Member
I am not so sure about that. First of all, Steve did not post it, another member did. It was not even an OP in a new thread. It was something like post 1100 in an already running thread. Second he was very adamant about having "his" picture taken down from WDWMagic. Either way it came off real bad to a good number of people.

Yes, member vs site is another angle in there.. but that's secondary IMO. The real rub between them is Tom wanted the attention by having the content - not someone else. Adding to that, wdwmagic as a principle (it seems)- never sources their content. To some, that can be seen as self-serving.. but really the issue in this case is personal anyways :)

PhotoDave219

I agree. Some though simply feel the need to take things to the extreme to point themselves out as "fighting the good fight" against this big, bad site....

Sounds like a great way to burn bridges :rolleyes:

So where exactly did this concept art come from? Is this from a flyer found in the tunnels? Or is it something that was shown to the 60-THOUSAND cast members that have access to the hub?
None of that is exclusive and none of it is anyone's intellectual property than Disney.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Sounds like a great way to burn bridges :rolleyes:

So where exactly did this concept art come from? Is this from a flyer found in the tunnels? Or is it something that was shown to the 60-THOUSAND cast members that have access to the hub?
None of that is exclusive and none of it is anyone's intellectual property than Disney.
It has been all around property on fliers and on all the electronic services that the cast use. As with all official concept art it belongs to Disney and nobody else.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Yes, member vs site is another angle in there.. but that's secondary IMO. The real rub between them is Tom wanted the attention by having the content - not someone else. Adding to that, wdwmagic as a principle (it seems)- never sources their content. To some, that can be seen as self-serving.. but really the issue in this case is personal anyways :)
I do actually always source the content. If there is ever a photo that is from Disney, or from a contributor, that is always noted on the gallery. 99% of the content on WDWMAGIC is however photographed or filmed by a WDWMAGIC operative. :)

PhotoDave219

It has been all around property on fliers and on all the electronic services that the cast use. As with all official concept art it belongs to Disney and nobody else.

So essentially, its concept art released by the PR department to any one of the 60-thousand CMs and someone is upset that other people got their hands on it as well?

At least the version someone uploaded to this thread wasn't poorly photoshopped in an attempt to remove a watermark/text on a photo.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom