Main Street Bakery to Serve Starbucks Coffee

brkn3467

So, the look of the bakery is not changing. Many if not all of the old favorites will still be sold at the location. That means that the reason so many people are fudging their pants is because of the BRAND of coffee being sold???? Give me a break. And step off the self righteous soapbox about the cheapening of WDW or whatever - open your eyes, it's always been this way. A grip needs to be gotten.

Animaniac93-98

30415466.jpg

flavious27

I think you need to read all 51 pages because at least half of that are posts explaining over and over and over and over again why there is nothing to get upset about.

You still have 500 replies are stating disappointment and disney has had to clarify what is happening, for a partnership they announced earlier in the year.

G00fyDad

So, the look of the bakery is not changing. Many if not all of the old favorites will still be sold at the location. That means that the reason so many people are fudging their pants is because of the BRAND of coffee being sold???? Give me a break. And step off the self righteous soapbox about the cheapening of WDW or whatever - open your eyes, it's always been this way. A grip needs to be gotten.

Talk about the self-righteous soapbox.... :rolleyes:

Why are many on here getting mad because people are not happy about this? Does other people's opinions somehow dampen your day? Is their opinion offensive to you? If that is the case then a public forum may not be the best place for you. This is the way they feel. Plain and simple. Getting mad because someone voices their opinion is not worth it. I mean, after all, is anyone calling you stupid for liking Starbucks being in Disney? No. So why all the hate? This is the primary problem with forums. One person voices an opinion on something and they get blasted for it just because they do not conform and think the ways others think they should think. And yes, I have read the posts in this thread. Yes, the opposed do realize that the bakery will be staying the same but with a different offering of coffee. They still do not like it. So why does that bother you? What does it matter if they like it or not?

G00fyDad

I think you need to read all 51 pages because at least half of that are posts explaining over and over and over and over again why there is nothing to get upset about.

I'm sorry. I think you mean nothing for you to get upset about. Why does it matter if John Doe is upset over this? Just why are there "posts explaining over and over and over and over again" why they are wrong? Why has other people's irritation at this move touched a nerve?

There was a misconception on what this idea was going to mean for the bakery but that was cleared up. People are still not happy and that is pi**ing many people off. If you ask me, (And I know you didn't) that is pretty useless.

brkn3467

Talk about the self-righteous soapbox.... :rolleyes:

Why are many on here getting mad because people are not happy about this? Does other people's opinions somehow dampen your day? Is their opinion offensive to you? If that is the case then a public forum may not be the best place for you. This is the way they feel. Plain and simple. Getting mad because someone voices their opinion is not worth it. I mean, after all, is anyone calling you stupid for liking Starbucks being in Disney? No. So why all the hate? This is the primary problem with forums. One person voices an opinion on something and they get blasted for it just because they do not conform and think the ways others think they should think. And yes, I have read the posts in this thread. Yes, the opposed do realize that the bakery will be staying the same but with a different offering of coffee. They still do not like it. So why does that bother you? What does it matter if they like it or not?
Not offensive to me, just reached the point of ridiculousness in my opinion. Not one person's opinion but lot's of knee jerk reaction that moved me to respond. Yes, some of those opinions bugged me. Yes, all are entitled to them. Your obviously on the other side of the fence. I voiced my reaction to that. I don't believe I'm being self righteous at all - just stepped back and put this whole "affair" in its proper context and suggest others do the same. Very simple, but thankls for all the consideration of my post.

Goofyernmost

I'm sorry. I think you mean nothing for you to get upset about. Why does it matter if John Doe is upset over this? Just why are there "posts explaining over and over and over and over again" why they are wrong? Why has other people's irritation at this move touched a nerve?

There was a misconception on what this idea was going to mean for the bakery but that was cleared up. People are still not happy and that is pi**ing many people off. If you ask me, (And I know you didn't) that is pretty useless.

Because continued misinformation can be and is a very negative thing. Get upset about something worthy of upset and you have a strong reason to make noise. When it is pointed out that there is no real basis of upset and yet it is ignored and high levels of anger still exist, I am totally befuddled by it. Again I will repeat, there are so many reasons for upset in the current Disney Parks and all you hear is nothing. Change Coffee brands and it is responded too like someone cut off your fingers.

When the communication was unclear and people had a vision of a stark Starbucks Store with big green sign hanging out over Main Street. OK, understandable. Once that theory was dispelled and the "Danger Will Robinson" signal was stopped. The continued discussion of the evil of it all, should have stopped. There was nothing left to be angry about. Yet it goes on and on.

Sort of reminds me of some family member in the recent election build up. "My minds made up, don't confuse me with facts." Just gets a little tedious. Everyone has a right to get upset about reality, fiction is yet another thing. Distortion of facts is even worse.

G00fyDad

Not offensive to me, just reached the point of ridiculousness in my opinion. Not one person's opinion but lot's of knee jerk reaction that moved me to respond. Yes, some of those opinions bugged me. Yes, all are entitled to them. Your obviously on the other side of the fence. I voiced my reaction to that. I don't believe I'm being self righteous at all - just stepped back and put this whole "affair" in its proper context and suggest others do the same. Very simple, but thankls for all the consideration of my post.

Actually, this kind of proves my point about the misconception of why people do not like this move. People are upset for a myriad of reasons, but most of the flamers here are losing it over only one reason. I am not on the other side of the fence. I'd prefer to keep Starbucks out of the parks, and initially it was for several reasons. One of which was was because I did not want the bakery torn out and replaced by a Starbucks with a gaudy sign sticking out over the sidewalk. Then when that was cleared up (right away I might add) I was still upset because I would have preferred Disney keep corporate products out of Disney (or at least Mainstreet USA). Then I realized that was just plain stupid on my part since they have had Coke for forever. But I still do not like it ( and this may sound very childish to some) because of the mere fact that it is Starbucks. What I mean is that you can walk into any Starbucks and you will inevitably see some knit hat wearing, Mac-book using, horn rimmed glasses wearing hipster sitting there. So, for the childish part, I cannot stand hipsters, there fore I do not like Starbucks (they are also severely overpricing that garbage) and I do not like having a Starbucks in Disney. See? Silly, I know, but there it is.

M.rudolf

Actually, this kind of proves my point about the misconception of why people do not like this move. People are upset for a myriad of reasons, but most of the flamers here are losing it over only one reason. I am not on the other side of the fence. I'd prefer to keep Starbucks out of the parks, and initially it was for several reasons. One of which was was because I did not want the bakery torn out and replaced by a Starbucks with a gaudy sign sticking out over the sidewalk. Then when that was cleared up (right away I might add) I was still upset because I would have preferred Disney keep corporate products out of Disney (or at least Mainstreet USA). Then I realized that was just plain stupid on my part since they have had Coke for forever. But I still do not like it ( and this may sound very childish to some) because of the mere fact that it is Starbucks. What I mean is that you can walk into any Starbucks and you will inevitably see some knit hat wearing, Mac-book using, horn rimmed glasses wearing hipster sitting there. So, for the childish part, I cannot stand hipsters, there fore I do not like Starbucks (they are also severely overpricing that garbage) and I do not like having a Starbucks in Disney. See? Silly, I know, but there it is.
I can't disagree my only argument would be hopefully there won't be any hipsters there hanging out due to cost

G00fyDad

Because continued misinformation can be and is a very negative thing. Get upset about something worthy of upset and you have a strong reason to make noise. When it is pointed out that there is no real basis of upset and yet it is ignored and high levels of anger still exist, I am totally befuddled by it. Again I will repeat, there are so many reasons for upset in the current Disney Parks and all you hear is nothing. Change Coffee brands and it is responded too like someone cut off your fingers.

When the communication was unclear and people had a vision of a stark Starbucks Store with big green sign hanging out over Main Street. OK, understandable. Once that theory was dispelled and the "Danger Will Robinson" signal was stopped. The continued discussion of the evil of it all, should have stopped. There was nothing left to be angry about. Yet it goes on and on.

Sort of reminds me of some family member in the recent election build up. "My minds made up, don't confuse me with facts." Just gets a little tedious. Everyone has a right to get upset about reality, fiction is yet another thing. Distortion of facts is even worse.

And you still don't get it. This must be the 10th time I have posted this and no one is listening. Not everyone was upset, or at least still is, over wrong information. It has to do with other things. I have said this and have been quoted on it a couple of times and the response is right back to the whole "misinformation" issue. My God this is dizzying. Misinformation has nothing to do with why many are still upset by this move. Trust me, you can all get down off the soapbox now. We all know that the bakery is not really changing. We get it. Mission accomplished, message received loud and clear.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom