Main Street Bakery to Serve Starbucks Coffee

SirLink

Ha! That's me laughing at anyone complaining about Starbucks drinks being overpriced... you do realize we're talking about Disney World, right?

It was pretty chilly at DCA the other day, so I went looking for a hot chocolate. There was a coffee ODV stand that had hot chocolate... $5 for a roughly "grande" sized cup of hot chocolate from one of those giant metal tanks. I said screw it... if I'm going to pay a ridiculous price for hot chocolate, it might as well taste good. I went to Fiddler, Fifer and Practical. $3.69 for a venti hot chocolate made with real-life milk in front of you and whipped cream and chocolate syrup on top. Plus the milk, nutmeg, cinnamon, vanilla, etc. on the counter for you to add to your drink. For cheaper than the basic Disney stuff in the same park.

Don't forget better as well.

djlaosc

I guess I'll have to pay another six bucks on top of my hundred bucks to get it in to buy coffee that I can get when shopping for diapers and cat litter at Target.

Serious question (from the UK - never been to a Target) - can you not buy Nescafe coffee in Target?

alphac2005

Serious question (from the UK - never been to a Target) - can you not buy Nescafe coffee in Target?

Target has an agreement with Starbucks to have them as their own in-house, coffee shop. Many Targets have essentially mini-Starbucks locations in them. In the grocery section, Target offers a variety of prepackaged coffees from several manufacturers. (My wife is a coffee fan, I couldn't be of any help letting you know what they stock, though. :))

Goofnut1980

I don't really see the harm in this... Someone may have mentioned this in the billion pages for this post, but McDonalds used to sell fries on property... Whats the difference... I don't even drink coffee, but know that Disney's coffee is something to be desired. Shoot, its instant at the resorts.

UberMouse

No biggie for me. Disney is just replacing one vendor, Nescafe' with another. Though the original Main Street baker will be gone in essence, I'm sure that there will be plenty of goodies still offered.

hokielutz

Sorry I am late to the party on this one...

I do like the idea of bringing Starbucks to the parks... but not so that it completely replaces the Main St Bakery, and everything else that they prepare and serve there. I would rather Starbucks be a plus... not a swap.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Sorry I am late to the party on this one...

I do like the idea of bringing Starbucks to the parks... but not so that it completely replaces the Main St Bakery, and everything else that they prepare and serve there. I would rather Starbucks be a plus... not a swap.
If they follow what they did in DCA, which it looks like they will, it will be a plus and not a swap.

tinkerfairy

This makes me so mad! Why do you they have to get rid of Main Street Bakery? And how are they gonna make Starbucks fit the theme of Main Street without it looking completely unnatural? I kind of hate Starbucks anyway so I've been opposed to them adding it to the parks in the first place.. It just doesn't seem like it'd fit the Disney vibe at all.

Goofyernmost

Ha! That's me laughing at anyone complaining about Starbucks drinks being overpriced... you do realize we're talking about Disney World, right?

Yea, that gave me a bit of a chuckle as well. Overpriced is a perfect fit. :D

Cinnamon Rolls baby!!!

Many times throughout this thread people have mentioned, "I can get Starbucks anyplace, I want something that is unique to Disney". And then Cinnamon Rolls pops up. You guys do know that Cinnamon Rolls are available everyplace too, don't you? I thought the Rolls there were good, but nothing spectacular. If Cinnamon Rolls are not fresh and soft and warm..they are nothing special. That's what I found at "The Bakery", not fresh, not soft and not warm. I liked them, just wasn't overly impressed. That said, I believe it has been said, again and again and again and again that we have no reason to believe that they won't still be available at that location. Shouldn't we panic more when something actually does happen instead of diving off the deep end before we even know what the plan is?

danlb_2000

Premium Member
This makes me so mad! Why do you they have to get rid of Main Street Bakery? And how are they gonna make Starbucks fit the theme of Main Street without it looking completely unnatural? I kind of hate Starbucks anyway so I've been opposed to them adding it to the parks in the first place.. It just doesn't seem like it'd fit the Disney vibe at all.

This is easy, since they won't be making it look like a Starbucks at all. Since they jsut refurbed the exterior it probably won't change at all with the exception of maybe a few small Starbucks signs. The may reconfigure the interior but it will stay consistent with the themeing of Main Street.

tinkerfairy

This is easy, since they won't be making it look like a Starbucks at all. Since they jsut refurbed the exterior it probably won't change at all with the exception of maybe a few small Starbucks signs. The may reconfigure the interior but it will stay consistent with the themeing of Main Street.
Well that makes me feel slightly better about it. I just worry whenever Disney makes changes like this..

GoofGoof

Premium Member
I am assuming you didn't read any of this thread. If you want an answer to the question of fitting in read a few pages. I am being serious. Not trying to be a smart a$$.

wdw71fan

name of the shop will not change.... same signage... I'm sure starbucks logos will be on the windows, but that's no different than having nestle, or eddy's ice cream logos (those are there now)

Minthorne

Main Street U.S.A. - now with Italian names for our largest coffee cups sizes!

Demi 3 US fl oz (89 mL) Smallest size. Espresso shots.
Short 8 US fl oz (240 mL) Smaller of the two original sizes
Tall 12 US fl oz (350 mL) Larger of the two original sizes
Grande 16 US fl oz (470 mL) Italian/Spanish/Portuguese/French for "large"
Venti 20 US fl oz (590 mL), 26 US fl oz (770 mL) Italian for "twenty"
Trenta 30 US fl oz (890 mL) Italian for "thirty"

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom