Trip Report Magicians in everything I see

I think I read too many trip reports.

During our time at Disney everything I saw and felt reminded me of a lot of you. Some I know by name, some I remember by something I read in a report and thought of you even if I couldn't remember your name. It actually opened my eyes to things I didn't notice before.

This trip happened so fast, a quick recap for those that didn't read my pre trip report...

C just graduated college and planned a trip with a friend, friend had to back out so me, mom, went instead. C and friend all ready had their days planned and reservations made so I just did what I was told to do. It was actually nice not being the one doing all the planning

Meet C. She is a Disney lover, compassionate, singer extraordinaire, funny human being, animal lover. You can also read every emotion on her face, disgust, loathing, excitement, sadness.

Here she is in 2010

PICT0146.JPG

C just before our trip

CFDD85CA-8CDE-4434-AAE3-FE73E3E26F1F.jpeg

Our Disney trip started on Sunday May 15th - Saturday May 21st.
All Star Movies
No park hopper
Reservations at ll Muliano, Oga's, Mama Melrose, Skipper Canteen.

I don't take notes and will try to retell our story as I go through the pictures. So I better get started before I forget.

Last edited:

Zipadeelady

Original Poster
After Big Thunder we had one more ride we wanted to ride. We trekked back to Adventureland. I stopped to take this amazing breathtaking picture. C is farther ahead talking to a lady. As I catch up I hear her saying "my mother keeps stopping for pictures"

IMG_8066.JPG

Yep LL #9 even though we don't need it. Total walk on at 10:35 at a 11:00pm closing. We still tap in.

IMG_8067.JPG
IMG_8068.JPG
IMG_8069.JPG

Don't make me leave. I know what's coming. I walk slow and say I'm getting old, I can't walk as fast as I used to even though we've been powerwalking all week.

IMG_8072.JPG
IMG_8073.JPG
IMG_8074.JPG

I should've stalled better and used the restrooms. I had to use the ones by the bus stop. This little guy greeted me at the door.

IMG_8075.JPG

My final ride, at least it's a good one.

IMG_8078.JPG

Not bad for an old lady.

IMG_8079.JPG

MK was an amazing day. The sun was almost nonexistent but it was cooler and we only got minimally wet due to great timing of the rain and attractions. Food was great. CM's didn't seem as on point as the other parks we visited this week. I even ran into a couple different groups that were more interested in talking to each other than recognizing C and I but I don't let that bother me. We may have put in a CM compliment for our Skipper Canteen waiter but I'm having a tough time remembering. We did get 9 LL's in and like @rshell68 said it was worth our $30. I will say that about half of the LL's weren't too much of a wait and I would've been fine standing in line but it is nice jumping to the front.

Departure day then super short wrap up next.

Last edited:

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
After pirates we had one more ride we wanted to ride. We trekked back to Adventureland. I stopped to take this amazing breathtaking picture. C is farther ahead talking to a lady. As I catch up I hear her saying "my mother keeps stopping for pictures"

View attachment 646686

Yep LL #9 even though we don't need it. Total walk on at 10:35 at a 11:00pm closing. We still ta

Don't make me leave. I know what's coming. I walk slow and say I'm getting old, I can't walk as fast as I used to even though we've been powerwalking all week.

I should've stalled better and used the restrooms. I had to use the ones by the bus stop. This little guy greeted me at the door.

View attachment 646693

I once had one of these guys fall onto my should while waiting for a bus one night at the MK. I freaked out a little because I wasn't expecting it. He fell on my shoulder and I brushed it off right away but now I wish I had my husband take a picture of it on my shoulder.

Zipadeelady

Original Poster
Saturday May 21st. Check out day.

After we get back from Magic Kingdom I think of Darstarr and another person, I'm sorry I don't remember who, talking about Housekeeping knocking on doors early in the morning to help speed along guests who are checking out that day. At midnight I add a note to our door. Either it worked or no one cared we were leaving today. We didn't hear a peep, knock, lawn mower, screaming kids, nothing. I was either exhausted or it was a slow Saturday at All Stars.

IMG_8081.JPG

We did the slow walk of shame. If you have a room back here turn around go back up to the front desk. Pay for a premium room. You will thank yourself later.

IMG_8082.JPG
IMG_8083.JPG

Our first official Disney breakfast. Meh

IMG_8084.JPG

Waiting for the not so magical express.

IMG_8086.JPG
IMG_8090.JPG

I'd like to say we got Shirley status but we were the 1st of about 5 stops. Not all Disney resorts, we stopped at a very nice resort off property.

IMG_8093.JPG

Of course there was an issue getting a boarding pass. The lady in Detroit who said she fixed the ticket from when C changed the name on the ticket wasn't really fixed and instead of waiting in a 5 minutes line like in Detroit it looked more like an hour long line in Orlando. There was a Delta employee standing to the side I'm assuming for anyone with questions so I ask her where to go and she directs me to a lady with a short line. She fixes the issue and I'm able to fly back home. We had about an hour wait so we sat and people watched that turned into bird watching. How do they get out!!?

IMG_8094.JPG

So who wins? Who is the last Magician I think of on our week at Disney? All week I saw ladies with the small loungefly backpacks on, I don't do bags in the parks, I have a sling pouch that holds my phone, 2 tylenol, chapstick and ID but this trip I honestly was considering that I may need to have one for future visits. C and I kept pointing out cute ones and which ones were our favorite. Mine was Heimlich from Bugs Life. Until I saw the one in the Airport Disney giftshop. I've never been one to learn the time of the Dapper Dans performances or sought them out so it doesn't make sense for me to buy this design but it was by far the cutest one! So even though Tuvalu blew my big reveal in her trip report;), @ajrwdwgirl I took this for you!

IMG_8096.JPG

For our uneventful flight home I got to watch The Lost City. I'm an 80's kid and loved Romancing the Stone so I was really looking forward to this movie. Still good but Michael Douglas and Kathleen Turner did it a little bit better.

IMG_8101.JPG

We had a fantastic time and I think I pretty much said everything in the report as I went along. CM's seemed in character for the majority of our stay except for some slacking in MK. Genie+ worked great for us on our MK day but not being able to purchase it the morning of was the first time I heard about the issue and it was unacceptable. I feel like if you want it for a particular day then I would purchase it beforehand to learn the system before the day you really want/need it. Food was great and mobile ordering was fantastic. There was trash. I'm blaming reduction of employees unless us as people are ruder, less thoughtful, careless, ill mannered, disrespectful.... you get my point. I feel like we could be doing our part. I also noticed that different cultures have different values. That's all I have to say about that. I still got the feels and I will be back, just don't know when. Not because the parks are less in my opinion just that the kids are grown and there are some other places to see.

Thank you all for following along. Now I need to go read my report from the beginning to relive my trip.

Wave Goodbye GIF by Beauty Brands

Last edited:

joshsprincess921

I'm going to remember the post it note on the door for my next trip. We always go back mid day to rest aka nap and everyday we were getting woken up with a knock at the door by housekeeping to do their walk through. They would always say they could come back later, but at that point I was already up.

Zipadeelady

Original Poster
I'm going to remember the post it note on the door for my next trip. We always go back mid day to rest aka nap and everyday we were getting woken up with a knock at the door by housekeeping to do their walk through. They would always say they could come back later, but at that point I was already up.
I hope it works. You can't just fall back asleep at Disney, even during naptime!

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member

After we get back from Magic Kingdom I think of Darstarr and another person, I'm sorry I don't remember who, talking about Housekeeping knocking on doors early in the morning to help speed along guests who are checking out that day. At midnight I add a note to our door. Either it worked or no one cared we were leaving today. We didn't hear a peep, knock, lawn mower, screaming kids, nothing. I was either exhausted or it was a slow Saturday at All Stars.

View attachment 647303

We did the slow walk of shame. If you have a room back here turn around go back up to the front desk. Pay for a premium room. You will thank yourself later.

View attachment 647304View attachment 647305

View attachment 647306

View attachment 647307View attachment 647308

I'd like to say we got Shirley status but we were the 1st of about 5 stops. Not all Disney resorts, we stopped at a very nice resort off property.

View attachment 647315

Of course there was an issue getting a boarding pass. The lady in Detroit who said she fixed the ticket from when C changed the name on the ticket wasn't really fixed and instead of waiting in a 5 minutes line like in Detroit it looked more like an hour long line in Orlando. There was a Delta employee standing to the side I'm assuming for anyone with questions so I ask her where to go and she directs me to a lady with a short line. She fixes the issue and I'm able to fly back home. We had about an hour wait so we sat and people watched that turned into bird watching. How do they get out!!?

View attachment 647310

So who wins? Who is the last Magician I think of on our week at Disney? All week I saw ladies with the small loungefly backpacks on, I don't do bags in the parks, I have a sling pouch that holds my phone, 2 tylenol, chapstick and ID but this trip I honestly was considering that I may need to have one for future visits. C and I kept pointing out cute ones and which ones were our favorite. Mine was Heimlich from Bugs Life. Until I saw the one in the Airport Disney giftshop. I've never been one to learn the time of the Dapper Dans performances or sought them out so it doesn't make sense for me to buy this design but it was by far the cutest one! So even though Tuvalu blew my big reveal in her trip report;), @ajrwdwgirl I took this for you!

View attachment 647311

For our uneventful flight home I got to watch The Lost City. I'm an 80's kid and loved Romancing the Stone so I was really looking forward to this movie. Still good but Michael Douglas and Kathleen Turner did it a little bit better.

View attachment 647312

We had a fantastic time and I think I pretty much said everything in the report as I went along. CM's seemed in character for the majority of our stay except for some slacking in MK. Genie+ worked great for us on our MK day but not being able to purchase it the morning of was the first time I heard about the issue and it was unacceptable. I feel like if you want it for a particular day then I would purchase it beforehand to learn the system before the day you really want/need it. Food was great and mobile ordering was fantastic. There was trash. I'm blaming reduction of employees unless us as people are ruder, less thoughtful, careless, ill mannered, disrespectful.... you get my point. I feel like we could be doing our part. I also noticed that different cultures have different values. That's all I have to say about that. I still got the feels and I will be back, just don't know when. Not because the parks are less in my opinion just that the kids are grown and there are some other places to see.

Thank you all for following along. Now I need to go read my report from the beginning to relive my trip.

Great report! That dapper Dan lounge fly is pretty awesome

Songbird76

View attachment 647303

View attachment 647304View attachment 647305

View attachment 647306

View attachment 647307View attachment 647308

View attachment 647315

View attachment 647310

View attachment 647311

View attachment 647312

You can't buy Genie+ in advance anymore, though, can you? You can only buy it day of. So I'd say if you want to practice, make sure your first day isn't the day you need it, so you can have a practice day before you really need it.

I'm sorry about the amount of trash. That's sad. I did notice that the people in DLP were way pushier, more rude, etc. Definitely different values, but I don't remember if there was more trash there. The CMs weren't as great as the ones in the US are. It's just a completely different culture.

Was the Lost City a remake? I saw this one and thought it was great, but I didn't know there was a different version.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom