Will you wear a MagicBand?

• Yes

Votes: 165 67.9%
  • No

Votes: 78 32.1%

• Total voters

flynnibus

Premium Member
Having tested the RFID bracelet at WDW two weeks ago, I can assure you it is identical. It was larger and thicker, but otherwise identical. At least the test version was.

Having the tag identical really doesn't mean anything. Just like two people having blonde hair doesn't mean they act the same way. And the tags are different - the tags at Great Wolf are passive only, and no beacon. Disney's are two tags, and a beacon. Great Wolf uses the tag for payment, ID, hotel keys (and in some locations.. games). But Disney's implementation is going to be very different in so many ways.

Even in the simplest form.. Disney may require making the band visible to admit you to a queue.. where as Great Wolf may not behave the same.

Just because they both use RFID technology - you can't draw constraints from that.

JenniferS

When you're the leader, you don't have to follow.
Premium Member
I suspect that I will have no problem with it.
We go to the Caribbean every year, where wrist bands are mandatory. No big deal.
I think the RFID bands at Disney will simply make my life easier.
Would I have preferred a substantial investment in all 4 parks and the transportation system? You betcha. But, this is what we've got, and I think it will continue to adapt and develop as time goes by. I think it has the potential to enhance my vacation, reduce my wait times, and eliminate trips to Guest Services to get KTTW cards replaced. And if my kids were still little, I would have considered this a Godsend in terms of allaying my fear of losing them in the maddening crowds.

MissingDisney

A simple, thin band like you get at Great Wolf Lodge-maybe. A thick rubber/plastic thing like what's shown in the picture-absolutely not. Nor will my kids. They complain about wearing long sleeves, let alone a bracelet!

jonesenon4

I personally love the idea and yes i will wear it.I like the idea of not having to dig my key card out of my wallet or pocket.On our last trip trip in dec. we used the scanners for entry into the parks with our resort cards and it was alot quicker than standard lines.I think it will make park entry and fastpass line go much smoother and i for one and excited about the bands.And another plus is the band will also double as your room key.

FettFan

I think we are ALL going to be wearing them. According to one insider I've heard, these bands are supposed to be replacing ticket cards completely once the system is up and running. Supposed to be more economical and ecological, since the bands are permanent and can be reloaded over and over, unlike the tickets which are little more than plasticky souvenirs after the days are spent or expires.

Though I'd rather have a lanyard or keychain instead. I don't even like wearing watches.

luv

I do not rock a pin-covered lanyard.

I wore my son's for him for a couple hours one night. He said it was getting too heavy to wear. He wasn't wrong! Those things are heavy when there are pins on them! I can't imagine wearing it in the summer.

Occasionally, I wear a lanyard, sans pins. But usually, its all in my pockets. :)

BigRedDad

IMHO, it is an RFID tag. It requires a sensor to power it and gather information. Scanners are being designed and built for massive loads/crowds. It will be in grocery stores soon. You load your cart, walk it out the door, and your account is billed immediately after exit. No check-out lines, no waiting. Just load and go. If WDW is implementing it this way, then it doesn't matter where the band is. If they are requiring touching it to a stand like in the picture, then it will be an inconvenience to some who cannot stand things on their arms, wrists, or hands.

paul436

I would wear the wristband. Seems very practical to me.

Funny, when I read the OP, I saw "RFID implanted" until I read further and thought, now that's the next idea. An RFID implant! Now, I would expect that to be a rather heated debate about whether or not I would get one.:)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom