MagicBands....Will you wear one?

Will you wear a MagicBand?

• Yes

Votes: 165 67.9%
  • No

Votes: 78 32.1%

• Total voters

Dan Gamblin

To be honest... Doesn't really bother me either way!

All those people who say they won't...What ya going to do? not visit?!

They're trying to improve the experience for you all, if you don't like it complain to WDW.

ExtinctJenn

If it is infused with a hologram that will align my quantum signatures and tune the harmonic vibrations of my aura thereby improving by balance and mental well being, I will consider it.;)
So... put a magnet in it and then claim all that right? :D

You said it in a nutshell! I feel the exact same way!!! Except im not sensitive to latex!
Mmmm latex. Wait... what were we talking about? :oops:

MissM

All those people who say they won't...What ya going to do? not visit?!
If it comes to the point where it's the only option and they discontinued alternatives like actual tickets, then yes. I would stop going. There is literally no way I will ever wear one. Period. I hope it doesn't come to that and it seems to me they would always need some alternatives for various reasons but still, the point remains it's an absolute line in the sand for me.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Can you track a RFID chip?
Sort of but nothing like a GPS. With a GPS I can get an accurate location on you as long as the tracker can get a satellite signal. There effectiveness indoors can be somewhat limited, but they are getting better. An RFID chip has to pass by an RFID sensor. It could tell if you went in a building if there was a sensor in the entry door, but it could not tell where you were in the building without additional sensors and even then you could only tell that you went past a particular sensor.

PUSH

I'll get one, but I won't put it on my wrist. I don't want my wrist getting hot and sweaty and I don't want a tan line. I'll keep it in a bag or something instead.

RonAnnArbor

Great Wolf Lodge which has used RFiD bracelets for awhile now proves you don't need to wear the bracelet...you can put it wherever you want, or even cut it to card size and put it in your wallet...you just need it at scanners and your resort room. It is more convenient if you go to the waterpark. I always cut mine to wallet size and they even help you do so at the chek in desk. The only reason WDW might do otherwise is for proof of admission purposes ( I.e. hard ticketed parties) replacing the current ones.

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
Original Poster
Not only will I wear one, I will leave a credit card on the wristband too, and leave the wallet in the hotel the entire trip! No more checking to make sure my wallet didn't fall out of my pants on Space Mountain! (I would hope I look old enough at 26 to not be carded for a drink.)

I am 30 and still get ID-ed 90% of the time. Maybe the RFID will contain you're age and ID-ing will be a thing of the past?

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
Original Poster
If it comes to the point where it's the only option and they discontinued alternatives like actual tickets, then yes. I would stop going. There is literally no way I will ever wear one. Period. I hope it doesn't come to that and it seems to me they would always need some alternatives for various reasons but still, the point remains it's an absolute line in the sand for me.

I kind of feel the same way. I just do not want to wear this thing. To me it is almost the same thing as if they made us all wear pin lanyards or Mickey Ear Hats.

RonAnnArbor

Having tested the RFID bracelet at WDW two weeks ago, I can assure you it is identical. It was larger and thicker, but otherwise identical. At least the test version was.

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
I'm just curious and you don't have to answer, but why?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom