MagicBands....Will you wear one?

Will you wear a MagicBand?

• Yes

Votes: 165 67.9%
  • No

Votes: 78 32.1%

• Total voters

acishere

Its not a big deal to wear. Without a choice I would have no issue wearing one, but with a choice I might just use the card option. I tend to mess around with wristbands too much. I might break it.

Spikerdink

I voted no....but in some ways I think it would be so much easier... no cards to take to the pool to get back in the room, no worries if I left it on the counter or the table in the room.... so it really depends! I also don't want it giving me a funky tan line!

NYwdwfan

Just wait until some litigious park guest gets their bracelet snagged on something - a turnstyle, a passing stroller or ATV, a ride vehicle, a passing animatronic when they don't keep their hands inside the vehicle at all times - and that will be the end of the great bracelet experiment.

Timekeeper

I know where I'll be wearing mine...

powerbalance.jpg

:p

docdebbi

i have no problem wearing it, i actually think it sounds convenient. my issue is getting fastpasses. assuming old fashion fastpasses - not just fastpass plus where you book ahead- are still available, we send one runner with all of our cards to get fastpasses for the group while the old folks (my parents are 82) and the ones with babies in strollers, slowly make their way somewhere else and the runner meets us there. would hate to lose this ability. i know we're not the only ones who use runners for this, i see it all the time

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
Just wait until some litigious park guest gets their bracelet snagged on something - a turnstyle, a passing stroller or ATV, a ride vehicle, a passing animatronic when they don't keep their hands inside the vehicle at all times - and that will be the end of the great bracelet experiment.

I dunno. I've been in several massive KTTW accidents and traumatized me for life. I think the resulting lawsuits maybe what led to the bracelets. Also, don't even get me started on the paper cuts I've accrued over the years from APs.

I_heart_Tigger

Sounds much more convenient than standing behind 200 people that all of a sudden forgot where their KTTW card is - even though they probably had it out 5 minutes ago. I assume this will hold my park passes and FP+? I'm all for it. I'll just wear it on the opposite arm of my Kidada Jones Disney wrap bracelets :)

KCheatle

Haven't really thought about it enough to decide?? The cards have pros and cons I think. I do think the cards are hard to keep track of and can fall out of pockets and such. However, I also see some inconveniences with the bracelet. I'll probably try the bracelet out the next trip and then decide whether I like it or not. I don't want to assume I won't like it before I even give it a shot I guess...

sweetpee_1993

I'd wear one if it matched what I was wearing in style and color. It's not likely to happen so most likely I'd never wear one. Not that I'd ever go and accept such anyway. Notafan, Notamuzed, Nointerested. Count me as a 99.9% NO.

tracyandalex

I'm torn. I'll have to try it first. I don't wear things on my wrist, but I do like the convenience. I might attach it to my wristlet or something like that if I can.

JIMINYCR

All together it might save me a few minutes in my entire day. Certainly will save me from having to reach for my wallet and fumble with the card slots at every FP site. And as long as I dont catch it on anything and rip my wrist off I'll be fine with it. :p

rodserling27

Not only will I wear one, I will leave a credit card on the wristband too, and leave the wallet in the hotel the entire trip! No more checking to make sure my wallet didn't fall out of my pants on Space Mountain! (I would hope I look old enough at 26 to not be carded for a drink.)

dreamfinder

i have no problem wearing it, i actually think it sounds convenient. my issue is getting fastpasses. assuming old fashion fastpasses - not just fastpass plus where you book ahead- are still available, we send one runner with all of our cards to get fastpasses for the group while the old folks (my parents are 82) and the ones with babies in strollers, slowly make their way somewhere else and the runner meets us there. would hate to lose this ability. i know we're not the only ones who use runners for this, i see it all the time

Nope. To use the new FP+, you need to convert to the new admission media. And those won't require runners of any sort as you can do the booking from wherever you have internet access. And if you convert to the new media, you can't use the old fashion FP. So it's an all or nothing. The switchover should be gradual, but once you go wristband, you cannot go back.

I assume this will hold my park passes and FP+? I'm all for it.

It's just a different form of your RFID enabled KTTW basically. Yes, non resort hotel guests should be able to get it at some point, but for now, it works like a RFID KTTW. The system will use that to ID you for FP+, and can store your part ticket, room key, charging ability, etc.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom