News MagicBand+ comes to Disneyland

Gillyanne

Has anyone heard of the requirement to "unlink" it from my WDW before I can link it to my DL one? that sounds ridiculous; esp. since I can't "unlink" it just deactivate it; that also doesn't explain why I had no issues with my first (rack) one; that's what the chat agent is telling me I need to do.

ETA: That's where we left off, they were insistent I had to unlink it from WDW first (but again doesn't explain why it worked fine with my other one); They said I would have to call, but I have a feeling the way WDW works is if they can/are able to remove a band from your account, that's the end of the band; no adding it back.

when I asked for someone higher up, agent told me I could call the DL number, I may also try for another chat agent

Last edited:

Gillyanne

Well apparently you can get them unlinked if you call technical support. I was told I can relink it later so that's yet to be seen but hopefully it's true. I still couldn't get it to work on Disneyland after the call but I tried immediately after; I'll give it some time and get back in chat later if needed. I'll report back just in case anybody else needs to know.

chadwpalm

In the Parks
No

I'm personally not buying the whole "It's linked to WDW" thing. I honestly don't think the systems talk to each other at all. More than likely the person you were talking to didn't know how to get it to link it and drew that conclusion themself. You yourself said that a rack purchased band that was linked to WDW was able to link to DL just fine.

Perhaps because the bands were not from a rack that they have IDs that are not recognizable in the DL system. They probably just need a tech person to bypass the error and force that band's ID to link with the system.

Gillyanne

I'm personally not buying the whole "It's linked to WDW" thing. I honestly don't think the systems talk to each other at all. More than likely the person you were talking to didn't know how to get it to link it and drew that conclusion themself. You yourself said that a rack purchased band that was linked to WDW was able to link to DL just fine.

Perhaps because the bands were not from a rack that they have IDs that are not recognizable in the DL system. They probably just need a tech person to bypass the error and force that band's ID to link with the system.

Thanks that's exactly what I'm thinking too but as long as WDW said I could link it back I can argue that I've already tried what other troubleshooting they wanted (like unplugging a device before calling technical support)

Gillyanne

Reporting back

I was not able to link the band using the app but calling the internet support they were able to add it. I also then turned around and added it back into MDE and it's showing on both 🤷🏼‍♀️

After I got mine added I did try my mom's as well but the CM I was speaking to said she saw that it was linked to WDW and asked if I wanted it unlinked. I did not this time since my mom will be going to WDW before we go to DL (and it was before I tried linking mine back into MDE)

I asked the CM about my theory of the rack band and the resort reservation bands and she said she's heard of people being able to get in both but didn't necessarily have any confirmation to my theory.

At least in the end I was able to get it taken care of (for me at least for now)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom