MagicBand+ announced

Joel

These don't offer enough to make it worth buying over a cheaper regular MagicBand (or just reusing an old one if it still works).

I couldn't care less about lighting up with fireworks etc. -- I wouldn't be looking at my wrist during those shows anyways -- and the other functionality is too limited right now. The bounty hunter game is the main selling point but it doesn't look anywhere near as interesting as the wands at Universal or the old Sorcerers game.

I imagine they'll eventually add more to make it worth it, but who knows... it's not like they ever really did much with MyMagic+. It also seems like they could let you do all of this via your phone if they wanted, and that may eventually happen.
Agreed. The battery argument is moot to me because the whole thing just seems kind of pointless. I can see getting one if you're really in love with a particular design or if you're a little kid, but otherwise?

Ayla

I guess we are all just going to have to be satisfied with 6” on this one.
*must resist must resist*

1659401220572.gif

lewisc

Have you had any issues taking them on a plane?
FAA Limits batteries you can bring on board.https://www.faa.gov/hazmat/packsafe/
You can do the math
20000 milliamps is OK 30000 is not allowed. Use the formula in the link if your battery is between 20 and 30K
I guess we are all just going to have to be satisfied with 6” on this one.
There was a disvussion on cable length on a travel forum. Some posters thought 3 inches is the best cable length. Long enough to plug into a charger but compact for traveling. Others though 1.5" is long enough.
You can buy a USB extender cable.

Last edited:

correcaminos

FAA Limits batteries you can bring on board.https://www.faa.gov/hazmat/packsafe/
You can do the math
20000 milliamps is OK 30000 is not allowed. Use the formula in the link if your battery is between 20 and 30K

There was a disvussion on cable length on a travel forum. Some posters thought 3 inches is the best cable length. Long enough to plug into a charger but compact for traveling. Others though 1.5" is long enough.
You can buy a USB extender cable.
Inches or feet? 3 inches is annoying. I prefer 1.5-3 feet. We take 6' on vacation enough though just in case

DCBaker

Premium Member
Will these work at Disneyland as well when they roll out functionality, or is it still a different infrastructure?

Here's what OCR says in an article today -

"Magic Bands from the Walt Disney World resort will work at the Disneyland resort."

"The MagicBands coming to Disneyland won’t have the same exact functionality as the Disney World MagicBands. Some features will vary at Disneyland."

Patcheslee

DH received his MB+ ordered on release day Wednesday. Still pending resort stay order though. (He changed his mind after the resort ones were ordered, so bought another directly)

tnemgif

DH received his MB+ ordered on release day Wednesday. Still pending resort stay order though. (He changed his mind after the resort ones were ordered, so bought another directly)
I’m 8 days out and still have a pending status. Getting a little nervous about it!

dploew

Leave Monday (before the mail arrives). My order shows shipping, but no update since "Picked Up by Shipping Partner, USPS Awaiting Item" Tuesday evening. Not optimistic.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom