MagicBand+ announced

correcaminos

It’s different for everyone. In my case its better to get the cash then go to the store where ive been a customer for 20 plus years abd work out a deal. I have always made out better that way. Trade in values sometimes seem great but in the long run it doesn’t work out. I rather get the cash from a sale then tell them im going somewhere else for my phone service and have them give me a great deal to stay. It’s working for me.🙂
Yeah I find in store offers non-existent now is all. Trust me, I'm a shopper. Customer retention is usually done by call and I can do that at home. Though reality is my provider doesn't do the good deals I find elsewhere.

disfan411

We did do “ship to resort” as we arrive Friday. I’m sure hoping they’re sitting there waiting when we get there but I never got an order email and the order online still says pending. Just going to have to hope, I guess.
I'm in the same situation as you. Ours say ship to resort and still show in progress. We arrive Saturday. Really hoping they are there waiting for us too. I did not get any kind of email confirmation either.

dreday3

Can I ask what portable chargers everyone uses?

For reference at this point we both have Samsung Galaxy S10 phones. Most likely will stay same unless I upgrade mine to newer Galaxy.

thanks!

bhg469

Thanks. Are they heavy/cumbersome? My husband would most likely throw in his small backpack.
I wouldnt say that they are big maybe weigh as much as a couple phones stacked together... They make them in many sizes but the ones in the 10,000-20,000 milliamp hour ones are very similar in size and weight.. The will set off the metal detectors at security though. Just hold them in front of you as you go through and they just wave you in.

Witchy Chick

Thanks. Are they heavy/cumbersome? My husband would most likely throw in his small backpack.

I second any/all Anker products.

The charger I have is about the size/thickness of a deck of cards. I haven't used it in quite a while though, so I'm not able to tell you how quickly or fully it would charge my iPhone.

It's a pretty old charger as well. I was not able to use on a recent trip as the cable that came with it (years ago) from charger to phone is not lightning cable (and I have a newer iPhone that uses lightning cable/port). Just ordered some new cables off of Amazon for about $8 since I'm definitely gonna need this charger in WDW in a few weeks.

lewisc

The Anker 313 is on sale at Amazon. I believe it will only charge using usba port.

The Anker USBC charger is better. It will charge usbc stuff faster. Currently $30 with coupon i can't get limk to work it's Anker 523 power bank. Excellent. Small. Reasonable price

kong1802

I think @AEfx makes a valid point. People buying these bands in the parks are probably expecting to use them with their full capabilities in the parks that they are in that day. I don't think that that's a crazy leap in logic. I think Disney missed an opportunity to figure out a way to sell this segment a band that's charged enough to deliver this.

If I were them, I'd try and figure that out. Perhaps they are waiting to see if enough people return/complain about the product in this scenario before making such a decision.

Vacationeer

In the Parks
No
Over the years I’ve used Anker and also cheaper chargers too.

The cheap chargers work ok enough. I had a purse that came with a small cheap charger sewn in and it worked well for me to top off occasionally.

For our family it was worth investing in a good charger too. We travel often and it comes in real handy. It’s also a great back-up for power outages. Anker is definitely a solid line. If you need/want the speed of USB-C charging, it’s great to get one that has both in and out capabilities. Weight is something else worth comparing.

dreday3

The Anker 313 is on sale at Amazon. I believe it will only charge using usba port.

The Anker USBC charger is better. It will charge usbc stuff faster. Currently $30 with coupon i can't get limk to work it's Anker 523 power bank. Excellent. Small. Reasonable price

I think Galaxy S10 is USB -C? So I should look for that in specifications?

Thanks for suggestions everyone. I will start looking.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
If only someone would invent a shirt that incorporates solar cells in it...

1659365833205.png

correcaminos

S10 are USB-C. As an FYI, my spouse just went from one to the S22 ultra and he loves the upgrades. The camera is phenomenal. To the point I now have one too lol. We do like anker as well. Comes in handy for campouts or power loss at home.

lewisc

Either will work, with the correct cable. USB C in and out will charge your phone faster. I can't recommend the 523 enough. It's very light and compact

Patcheslee

S10 are USB-C. As an FYI, my spouse just went from one to the S22 ultra and he loves the upgrades. The camera is phenomenal. To the point I now have one too lol. We do like anker as well. Comes in handy for campouts or power loss at home.
Mines an Anker 325 bought in 2020. From full it will fully recharge my S22 ultra, DDs S20+, and still show half capacity left.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom