MagicBand+ announced

dreday3

S10 are USB-C. As an FYI, my spouse just went from one to the S22 ultra and he loves the upgrades. The camera is phenomenal. To the point I now have one too lol. We do like anker as well. Comes in handy for campouts or power loss at home.

I was just looking at that. I think I'm going to wait to upgrade until closer to our trip. My S10 is still working pretty good.

correcaminos

I was just looking at that. I think I'm going to wait to upgrade until closer to our trip. My S10 is still working pretty good.
My husband's was just kinda buggy and I don't know why. Wasn't my phone so I didn't ask entirely what the issue was. There were good deals for him tunning so we went with it. We both had new for our last trip and had excellent battery life. My kid's 20FE blows away with battery life though.

crazy4disney

In the Parks
No
apologies if this has been asked already and answered but if i purchase this and the battery dies will the band still work to get onto rides & tap in like an old fashioned magicband?

gerarar

Premium Member
I think Galaxy S10 is USB -C? So I should look for that in specifications?

Thanks for suggestions everyone. I will start looking.
Any Anker with 20W Power Delivery should get you fast charging.

I have an S21 Ultra, and have an Anker 20k with Power Delivery. S21 requires 25W for Super Fast Charging, so I just get regular fast charging on the battery bank (must use the C-port and C-to-C cable to get that PD). Still charges pretty quick, regardless.

CaptainAmerica

Original Poster
I would buy any anker product. The more milliamp hours the better..

Thanks. Are they heavy/cumbersome? My husband would most likely throw in his small backpack.
Ditto Anker.

If you have a Nintendo Switch, that's the biggest power hog I've notice of commonly-owned devices. Any model listed as Nintendo Switch compatible should support Ultra Fast Charging or whatever the equivalent your phone offers is.

Vegas Disney Fan

Any Anker with 20W Power Delivery should get you fast charging.

I have an S21 Ultra, and have an Anker 20k with Power Delivery. S21 requires 25W for Super Fast Charging, so I just get regular fast charging on the battery bank (must use the C-port and C-to-C cable to get that PD). Still charges pretty quick, regardless.

I still use an Anker dinosaur from about a decade ago, probably not the fastest charge but it never fails.

EPCOT-O.G.

Disney Dish reported one of their associated employees got a 2hr 20min on a full charge.

Can we all agree needing separate battery packs to get full functionality on a brand new, fully charged device is a really unacceptable situation?

UNCgolf

These don't offer enough to make it worth buying over a cheaper regular MagicBand (or just reusing an old one if it still works).

I couldn't care less about lighting up with fireworks etc. -- I wouldn't be looking at my wrist during those shows anyways -- and the other functionality is too limited right now. The bounty hunter game is the main selling point but it doesn't look anywhere near as interesting as the wands at Universal or the old Sorcerers game.

I imagine they'll eventually add more to make it worth it, but who knows... it's not like they ever really did much with MyMagic+. It also seems like they could let you do all of this via your phone if they wanted, and that may eventually happen.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom