MagicBand+ announced

moomers16

In the Parks
No
They're going live for everyone on shopdisney in 1 minute. I'm not sure if they'll be live on the international stores, but worth a look?
Thanks! Just checked and not available on the Shopdisney UK site so looks like purchasing at WDW is the only option for international guests.

Furiated

Did this ever work for you? I am still getting that message! Been trying since 7am on two different devices!

It was doing the blank credit card thing for me this morning. I hit back and then back to checkout and it loaded initially then failed. Hit back and went back in a third time and it worked.

mikejs78

Premium Member
@wdwmagic I'm assuming that if the battery dies, the band NFC functions will still work to tap in places, much like happens when a traditional magic bands battery dies? Do you know if this is correct?

DCBaker

Premium Member
@wdwmagic I'm assuming that if the battery dies, the band NFC functions will still work to tap in places, much like happens when a traditional magic bands battery dies? Do you know if this is correct?

That is correct!

10. Can the MagicBand+ still work with an empty battery?
Partially. With a depleted battery, you can still use the MagicBand+ for:

Park entry
Lightning Lane entry
Disney Resort room entry
Disney Resort folio charging
Disney PhotoPass photographer interactions

JaxFLBear

Even if your MagicBand+ battery is depleted, you can still use it for certain functions such as:
  • Park entry
  • Lightning Lane entry
  • Disney Resort room entry
  • Disney Resort folio charging
  • Disney PhotoPass photographer interactions and certain photo touch points

RememberWhen

Do you all think the bands need the update before they’re usable as “dead” bands? We’ll bring old bands with us too, but it would be fun to be able to pick them up at check in and go to the parks without a bunch of software updating.

Gillyanne

They are definitely a different shape and Disney is calling them "icons" instead of "pucks" - partly, I assume, to make it clear they aren't interchangeable with each other and likely the "icons" won't fit in the other wearable options designed for "pucks"

"each other" as in MB2 > MB+ and vice Versa won't work? Will MB+ to MB+ bands be interchangeable (and possibly come out with their own non-wrist things later?) I can't quite tell from the picture if they are the regular 000 Philips like MB2 or if they're some type of torx screw.

CaptainAmerica

Original Poster
To me calling it “plus” and then releasing a product that’s a bit of a dud is enough for me to say it’s a misstep. I would say the same if they decided to offer an upgraded prix fixe menu, calling it the “Diamond Menu” but only added tomato soup in a fake diamond bowl. Even if it involved no marketing. My thought is - talk a big game, label wise, be prepared to deliver. And do the opposite too - add impressive things where people aren’t expecting them, no hype involved, to show you’re just that cool. But again, just my take.
You think "+" is "talking a big game, label wise"?

tnemgif

Does anyone have any experience with these on smaller/child wrists? I know the size isn’t as customizable so I’m wondering if these are comfortable on smaller wrists. Thanks!

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Do you all think the bands need the update before they’re usable as “dead” bands? We’ll bring old bands with us too, but it would be fun to be able to pick them up at check in and go to the parks without a bunch of software updating.
Yes I would think they will work. The update takes 5 minutes.

Fox&Hound

Soooooo excited! Just bought ours for our Dec trip. It was a tough choice, but went with Stitch. How can you go wrong with Stitch? I will rock this thing like a watch all year long (I know it does not tell the time).

CaptainAmerica

Original Poster
Some people are getting super short battery life when playing a lot of the interactive games. Heard as low as 2 hours from full charge.
This is concerning but I'll stay patiently optimistic.

"Blogger focusing exclusively on 100% MB+ features to test out MB+ on MB+ launch day" isn't the typical use case so I'm going to hope this is an outlier. Otherwise that's a major problem.

Gillyanne

This is concerning but I'll stay patiently optimistic.

"Blogger focusing exclusively on 100% MB+ features to test out MB+ on MB+ launch day" isn't the typical use case so I'm going to hope this is an outlier. Otherwise that's a major problem.

And I wonder how long it takes to charge to an "acceptable" use %. The cable is small enough (that I'm guessing also is in part to fit in the box) that it won't take much space and so many people carry the power banks with them anyway, one could pop it on charge when sitting down to eat (or maybe in queue)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom