MagicBand+ announced

concor

Ironically I finally bit the bullet and bought a new one. I wore it to the park for the first time today and it was gone 20 minutes later.

Touchdown

I mean I wouldn’t mind those bands disappear from my account, even though they are deactivated they’re still there. Some of us don’t ever plan to use those bands again.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member

Attachments

• IMG_5771.jpeg
    IMG_5771.jpeg
    113.7 KB · Views: 36

Fido Chuckwagon

I never said they don't work, just that they are much less common.

I'm not surprised they're trying to ditch them. I wonder if there was possibly an exploit on them? Though I'm pretty sure an exploit for the new Magicband+ stuff still exists so who knows.
An exploit like your identity could be stolen? Or an exploit like you could somehow use it to get something over on Disney? I’m having a hard time picturing what it could possible be with respect to the latter.

trainplane3

An exploit like your identity could be stolen? Or an exploit like you could somehow use it to get something over on Disney? I’m having a hard time picturing what it could possible be with respect to the latter.
No identity or account stuff. Just potential to control lighting and vibration of a band that isn't yours. Minor exploit but still one that could be a nuisance.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I never said they don't work, just that they are much less common.

I'm not surprised they're trying to ditch them. I wonder if there was possibly a exploit on them? Though I'm pretty sure a exploit for the new Magicband+ stuff still exists so who knows.
Nor did I say you said that…just saying some are still chugging along

Cmdr_Crimson

Consider how many that never sold with the designs when they first came out now they are just a wasted piece if nothing even if it came out as "Limited Edition" Ain't worth nothing..

Raxel7851

My Millenial Pink and Sparkly Silver, worked fine last month. 🤞 they still work in a couple of weeks.

The designs are cool, but I'm not a fan of MB+, the idea of having to charge another device every day, isn't appealing to me.
I’m with you on the charging. We typically recharge them when we get back to our resort at the end of the day. It usually takes 30-45 minutes to fully charge and with us it will last until the next night. They do have some nice designs.

999th Happy Haunt

I read the blog. The rumor is all MB1.0 will be deactivated but guests will be able TO ACTIVATE the bands via DME.

Very small yikes, if true.
Presumably this is to relieve pressure on Disney’s end of the system by means of making products their customers bought obsolete. It doesn’t matter if the bands aren’t used much more at the parks or if there will be an option to reactivate (which let’s be honest, would probably be difficult to find for average vacationers without extensive knowledge if the app). The fact is Disney is presumably planning on putting the burden on customers to “fix” their IT system that’s held together by duct tape instead of actually investing themselves.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom