MagicBand+ announced

DisneyDreamer08

So today I learned that you have to charge your MB+ every night, even if you don’t use it. I charged it up Saturday before leaving home. Tried to use it in the parks today for the first time and it did nothing. No lights flashing and couldn’t get the statues to talk 🤷🏻‍♀️

Chip Chipperson

Also our Mine Train and Haunted Mansion photos never showed up in our account ☹️ I thought with a brand new band, we wouldn't have any issues.

The charge (or lack thereof) shouldn't impact ride vehicles photos. Guest Services may be able to help you recover the missing photos for your account. Once in a while, they somehow send photos to the wrong account. It happened to me on Haunted Mansion once in the pre-MB+ days - or maybe the Ghost Host was just showing me what I looked like in a previous life.

DCBaker

Premium Member
A couple new MagicBand+ designs have been loaded onto the discount page for APs and Resort guests.

You can find them here - https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/plan/bands-cards/

Screen Shot 2023-03-09 at 6.23.42 AM.png
Screen Shot 2023-03-09 at 6.23.51 AM.png
Screen Shot 2023-03-09 at 6.23.16 AM.png
Screen Shot 2023-03-09 at 6.23.25 AM.png

aaronml

So both shopDisney and the resort guest pre-order system have stopped selling most MB2s . There are no longer any solid color ones available.

All they have left are a few different special MB2 designs that I suspect didn’t sell well (hence them being in stock)

IMO trying to force people that want an MB to spring for the pricier MB+ is greedy. Ironically though I think they are leaving money on the table. There are plenty of people who would gladly pay $10 - $15 for a basic, solid color MB2 that would rather use a KTTW or MagicMobile than pay $25+ for an MB+ .

DisneyDreamer08

So both shopDisney and the resort guest pre-order system have stopped selling most MB2s . There are no longer any solid color ones available.

All they have left are a few different special MB2 designs that I suspect didn’t sell well (hence them being in stock)

IMO trying to force people that want an MB to spring for the pricier MB+ is greedy. Ironically though I think they are leaving money on the table. There are plenty of people who would gladly pay $10 - $15 for a basic, solid color MB2 that would rather use a KTTW or MagicMobile than pay $25+ for an MB+ .
We were in Disney last week, my kids were planning on reusing old MB2. Unfortunately my 12 year old forgot hers at home. She remembered on the plane and I told her, no big deal, we’ll get one in the Poly gift shop. But like you stated, we quickly found out that finding a decent MB2 was basically impossible. We checked the Poly gift shop as well as the others on the monorail loop and most only had 3 or 4 options, none which really interested her. We got a key to the world card at the desk and told her we’d get to MK extra early the next morning and get her one in the Emporium. We were shocked that they only had 2, maybe 3. We asked the CM and she said they are phasing them out ☹️ My daughter ended up settling on a Tramp one. We tried to convince her to just use the key to the world card but we all like the convenience of wearing the band.

Gringrinngghost

Add Tron to the list of effects. Got 3 rides during cast preview on 2/20 thanks to a good friend. Almost the entire unload area to the lockers it did a cool blue flashing pattern, and pulsed a couple of times as well.
Sounds like the effects are being picked up from the Launch room. There are two effects in there.

1. A Blue one that pulsates and vibrates.
2. A white one that the outer led ring uses that flashes each diagonal one with and vibrates as well.

Gringrinngghost

MK:
HM-Buzzes and beats red (brides heart) when near boarding area.
SDMT: Multi colored glow leaving ride

Epcot:
Frozen: Glows and buzzes blue/purple in Let it Go Room
Remy: Glows the tricolor when exiting

DHS:
ToT: Glows and buzzes red like the HM when leaving

Those are the ones I noticed.
Frozen has two effects (same but one with a vibration) in the exit hallway.

There is a rainbow one at the end of Muppet Vision 3D outside as well.

Tron: 2 launch effects (see my last post in here)

hismattjesty

Sounds like the effects are being picked up from the Launch room. There are two effects in there.

1. A Blue one that pulsates and vibrates.
2. A white one that the outer led ring uses that flashes each diagonal one with and vibrates as well.
I thought that as well, but I haven't been able to confirm with my cast member friend. I just knew there were a couple there, and thought it was cool.

Doberge

True Bayou Magic
Premium Member
The best spot in MK to look is probably Frontier Trading Post as they'll usually have magic bands and pins that Emporium doesn't have. FTP, the EPCOT shop under Spaceship Earth, and the spot in Disney Springs are probably the best bets at this time.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member

*checks his old, plain blue MagicBand*

Yep, I'm good. :)

I have less than zero interest in any new MagicBand ideas. I don't need something that lights up, vibrates, or does songs and dances on my wrist. I find the concept of MB's doing more than their original intent (being a utility device) utterly stupid, to be completely honest.

Chip Chipperson

The best spot in MK to look is probably Frontier Trading Post as they'll usually have magic bands and pins that Emporium doesn't have. FTP, the EPCOT shop under Spaceship Earth, and the spot in Disney Springs are probably the best bets at this time.

Creations Shop had very few MB2 options in February. A family member was trying to find some foe their family and there were only 2-3 IP-branded bands available and they weren't anything that appealed to any of them. The gift shop near the World Showcase entrance was the same. They were clearly bands that weren't big sellers. No solid colors or even any popular characters.

Ayla

*checks his old, plain blue MagicBand*

Yep, I'm good. :)

I have less than zero interest in any new MagicBand ideas. I don't need something that lights up, vibrates, or does songs and dances on my wrist. I find the concept of MB's doing more than their original intent (being a utility device) utterly stupid, to be completely honest.
I agree. If I would ever return, I would not buy a MB+.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom