MagicBand+ announced

HoustonHorn

Premium Member
That's my excuse. I don't intend to ever buy a new MB again. If I really want a new design, I'll spend $6 for a vinyl overlay.

Oddly, the need to recharge it nightly is the primary reason I never want to get another MB+. Mine didn't work for the fireworks, and I found the statue game hit-or-miss (likely user error). LOVED the Batuu Bounty Hunter game, and if there is more stuff like that, I could change my mind.

But having to recharge them every night was just a hassle. With MB and MB2, I would put it on when we landed and took it off when we got home again.

I have friends doing their first trip this November, and when I'm there in August, I am getting them MB2s. I really wish there was a better selection either with the pre-arrival discount or even on Shop Disney.

CaptainAmerica

Original Poster
But having to recharge them every night was just a hassle.
You don't have to charge it every night.

With MB and MB2, I would put it on when we landed and took it off when we got home again.
???

You can literally do that with MagicBand+. The "plus" features like the lights and vibration won't work if you don't charge it, but you 100% have the option to use MagicBand+ as if it were a MagicBand 2 and "put in on when you land and take it off when you get home again."

I have friends doing their first trip this November, and when I'm there in August, I am getting them MB2s. I really wish there was a better selection either with the pre-arrival discount or even on Shop Disney.
A MagicBand+ does everything MagicBand 2 does and more. There is no advantage to getting MB2 other than price.

Last edited:

mickEblu

It’s really not…

I don’t get the weird “anti band” vibe? Is it pouting about fastpass?

Look at all the frankly stupid things sold that get defending around here? You can start with adult princess dressed and $59.99 matching glittery ears…

They re not unreasonably priced. A lot of people just aren’t seeing the value in them. They re not really the kind of collectible you can display so they re purchased primarily for their functionality. And the functionality is just so so. You still have to use your phone for the majority of the time you re in the park. It’s even less useful when you have a family with young children because you can’t tie everyone’s tickets to one magic band. So it actually becomes more work at Genie + check points or park entry. With all of that said, I still probably would have bought one if I saw one design that I just had to have.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
They re not unreasonably priced. A lot of people just aren’t seeing the value in them. They re not really the kind of collectible you can display so they re purchased primarily for their functionality. And the functionality is just so so. You still have to use your phone for the majority of the time you re in the park. It’s even less useful when you have a family with young children because you can’t tie everyone’s tickets to one magic band. So it actually becomes more work at Genie + check points. With all of that said, I still probably would have bought one if I saw one design that I just had to have.
I still think incredibly convenient and fun…

And this is ME supporting it

mickEblu

I have to charge my phone, watch, and powerbank every night anyways. Just add it to the pile.

That said, I really liked using it at DLR. I genuinely thought the effects during rides was just neat. I wasn't able to do any nighttime shows to test that, but hope to on my next WDW trip.

They do stuff on rides? Which ones?

ppete1975

Oddly, the need to recharge it nightly is the primary reason I never want to get another MB+. Mine didn't work for the fireworks, and I found the statue game hit-or-miss (likely user error). LOVED the Batuu Bounty Hunter game, and if there is more stuff like that, I could change my mind.

But having to recharge them every night was just a hassle. With MB and MB2, I would put it on when we landed and took it off when we got home again.

You say you played Batuu Bounty Hunter game, thats why your battery drained so quickly. Something about that game pings the device so much that the battery is drained quickly. The battery life is vastly different with people that play vs dont play or at least the days they play and dont.

Fear

They do stuff on rides? Which ones?

At DLR (the only experience I have):
Guardians Mission: Breakout: Colorful flashing at the exit
Spider-Man Web Slingers: Flashes in Spider-Man colors at load and unload
Buzz Lightyear: Purple, White and Green lighting at unload
Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railway: Various color flashing at load
Haunted Mansion: Pulses red and vibrates like a heartbeat on the speedway at unload (during Hurry Back, easily the coolest thing it does)

mickEblu

At DLR (the only experience I have):
Guardians Mission: Breakout: Colorful flashing at the exit
Spider-Man Web Slingers: Flashes in Spider-Man colors at load and unload
Buzz Lightyear: Purple, White and Green lighting at unload
Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railway: Various color flashing at load
Haunted Mansion: Pulses red and vibrates like a heartbeat on the speedway at unload (during Hurry Back, easily the coolest thing it does)

I like that they choose attractions that wouldn’t distract riders or take away from the attraction. The Haunted Mansion unload one is a nice touch.

CaptainAmerica

Original Poster
MK:
HM-Buzzes and beats red (brides heart) when near boarding area.
SDMT: Multi colored glow leaving ride

Epcot:
Frozen: Glows and buzzes blue/purple in Let it Go Room
Remy: Glows the tricolor when exiting

DHS:
ToT: Glows and buzzes red like the HM when leaving

Those are the ones I noticed.

Guardians' unload station causes it to buzz sporadically and light up Purple/White.
I THINK (but I'm not positive) that those are also indications that you've earned the badge or whatever for those attractions in the Play Disney Parks app.

Fear

Them: Why do you like MagicBand+ when all it does is blink and buzz?

Me: Because of the blinking and the buzzing.

I'm a simple man.
1677865389206.png

1420Elexismc

So I was in the anti + group and planned on just buying a regular 2.0 at Springs when we get there in May. However, we were able to get a discount on them through a friend so we got the +. I just didn't want to spend the money on something we wouldn't use again for a really long time, but at a discount? Absolutely-and looking forward to the neat features it offers!

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
They re not unreasonably priced. A lot of people just aren’t seeing the value in them. They re not really the kind of collectible you can display so they re purchased primarily for their functionality. And the functionality is just so so. You still have to use your phone for the majority of the time you re in the park. It’s even less useful when you have a family with young children because you can’t tie everyone’s tickets to one magic band. So it actually becomes more work at Genie + check points or park entry. With all of that said, I still probably would have bought one if I saw one design that I just had to have.
My point is that in particular wdw travelers have proven each day they have zero sense of “value”…
…they take pride in actively destroying it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom