MagicBand+ announced

Raxel7851

We ordered ours on 7-28 and the order still shows In Progress. We leave September 5th and have reservations starting September 9th at FW. Maybe they will be waiting for us when we check in. If not, we’re taking our other Magic Bands to use. We’re doing a split stay at FW and POFQ. I’m not hearing too many positive things about the new MB+. But I’ll stay optimistic.

Patcheslee

oh bother! 😂
My card still hasn't been charged. Ordered first week of August, but trip isn't until April.

Eventually I'll forget and one day it will be just a nice surprise.
That was the part I was worried about. I don’t carry balances over so was just sitting around waiting for it, charge was there when I checked today.

Stupido

Mine officially arrived today, but the QR code to update it is absolutely useless 😭

45171095-13B8-4577-AB77-6321925D6BD2.png

Also ran into an issue installing the update. It failed three times before finally going through. My advice is to make sure you turn off autolock on your phone, that seemed to do it for me.

Last edited:

Figments Friend

If you put MDE on the mini it can serve the same purpose as a phone would. It can use the park wifi or a data plan to get the mystical instructions from the mothership and relay them to the band(s). Just to be clear I'm not really sure phones relay signals to the bands...

I was a late adopter of the cell phone but eventually was forced by work to use one. I am jealous you can get away without having one!

Thanks, and I would do this....however the MDE app is not compatible with my IPad mini.
My tablet is 'too old' and outdated apparently, so current versions of any apps ( not just Disney's ) do not work on it.

Last time I had the official WDW and DLR apps operational on my tablet was back in 2015.

-

pdude81

Thanks, and I would do this....however the MDE app is not compatible with my IPad mini.
My tablet is 'too old' and outdated apparently, so current versions of any apps ( not just Disney's ) do not work on it.

Last time I had the official WDW and DLR apps operational on my tablet was back in 2015.

-
I shudder to think about how to visit Disney these days without a functional MDE app. I certainly can't as I pay the ransom for line skips, but mobile ordering is extremely helpful and checking for dining reservations on the fly is also very useful on the day of your trip. It might be worth having a cheap smartphone just for the apps and not hook it up to any cell service.

brettf22

Premium Member
Mine officially arrived today, but the QR code to update it is absolutely useless 😭

View attachment 663749

Interesting. As I posted before, I had the same issue, but the QR code contained a different number … 511282.

Ordered the first day available. Mine showed up today, the day we arrived back from Florida. Perfect timing. 😄

An interesting issue. The packaging and instruction book has a QR code in three different places, supposedly taking you to setup instructions. However, on my phone (and two other phones I tried), all three of these QR codes simply translate to the number “511282” which, when followed, takes me to a Google search for 511282, which is, shall we say, less than helpful. Googled this issue and only found a couple others with the same issue. Very odd. View attachment 661806View attachment 661807

Pancho

android user here. I have my band plus my two kids bands linked and everything works perfectly. I did have a little trouble linking them to the mdx and play app at first. I simply closed out the apps and reopened them and they worked just fine after that.

Figments Friend

So a couple of things.....

I notice that the MB+ I now have does not hold it's charge very well.
Charged it the day it finally arrived last week, then set it aside to pack with my things for this weeks visit.
Two days later I just happened to plug it in again for 'charging' just to see the light effects again when you do so and saw that it needing recharging again.
So these definitely need to be charged regularly even if they just sit around unused.
Found that interesting.
Batteries inside must not hold a charge very well if it is draining on it's own without even being used.

And a related thing...

I am going to be conducting a experiment while in town this week at the Parks.
I still have a operational 'Magical Moments' pin from years ago that back in the day would respond to infrared and radio transmitter signals within the Parks Attractions and shows.
Since the MB+ light up features seem to be triggered off in a similar way, I thought it might be interesting to bring my old 'interactive' pin back to see if it responds to anything.

These pins worked in the Parks for many years after they stopped selling them due to various triggers and sensors located within certain Aattractions.
Will be interesting to see if it will react to something since the Parks are now full of triggers again for the MB+ roll out.

-

pdude81

So a couple of things.....

I notice that the MB+ I now have does not hold it's charge very well.
Charged it the day it finally arrived last week, then set it aside to pack with my things for this weeks visit.
Two days later I just happened to plug it in again for 'charging' just to see the light effects again when you do so and saw that it needing recharging again.
So these definitely need to be charged regularly even if they just sit around unused.
Found that interesting.
Batteries inside must not hold a charge very well if it is draining on it's own without even being used.

And a related thing...

I am going to be conducting a experiment while in town this week at the Parks.
I still have a operational 'Magical Moments' pin from years ago that back in the day would respond to infrared and radio transmitter signals within the Parks Attractions and shows.
Since the MB+ light up features seem to be triggered off in a similar way, I thought it might be interesting to bring my old 'interactive' pin back to see if it responds to anything.

These pins worked in the Parks for many years after they stopped selling them due to various triggers and sensors located within certain Aattractions.
Will be interesting to see if it will react to something since the Parks are now full of triggers again for the MB+ roll out.

-
Did you explicitly turn it off? Otherwise 2 days seems about right

Mireille

Premium Member
Still not seeing a real need for these.
I mean... right, there isn't. But I got them because they look neat and I'm going to Disney World, where I expect to drop money on plenty of stuff I don't need. I don't see a need for a deluxe resort when I'm only sleeping there and hoping to spend 90% of my waking hours in the parks, but they don't have a hard time selling those, either. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

MickeyLuv'r

The buzz and the white glow I think meant there is a statue nearby, if that's what you mean by "went off". It's tricky to pair them with the MDE app, then open the appropriate play app to make sure it pulls the right data to see fi you got the statues or not. For a while we thought they weren't working but it was just that the pairing failed again.
Yes, this is the kind of problem we also had!

Except (at least) one of our bands never paired, and eventually we just gave up. We lost 2 hours at GS, another 20min with a 2nd set of CM's, and even more time early in the morning.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom