Magically Manipulated Picture Of The Day

Uponastar

To my above ramblings I'd just like to add that, while Photoshop is a valuable tool in repairing, altering and enhancing photographs, nothing compares to a beautifully captured photo. Programs like Photoshop have their place, but the art of photography should not be lost simply because imperfections can be easily fixed. I admire those who have the eye and the talent to take the perfect picture. To me, that's where the real art lies.

xsupaxmanxsfnex

I made this while at the Livewire summer camp this past week. It was a video production camp at Disney so this is a graphic I made for our group's video.
n900355525_3462337_1784.jpg

BrennaRN

Photoshop, etc is fun to use and is a lot of one click processes, but it's fun to get in there and start playing around to find out what everything does and how it really works. For the original post though it was very condensing in a sense because although say I'm not a pro like uponastar and do use a lot of one click options I felt that it made my picture minimal or not worthy of this post. Just be cautious of what is said. I'm sorry that I might be a little sensitive, but it kind of hurt my feelings! ("Takes no skill at all")

Gorjus

You're quite right.
For some, the "one click" options may be as far as they want to go. I'd suggest they look into programs that simply allow you to enhance your photographs and are less expensive than Photoshop.

Amen! Photoshop is freaking VERY expensive. And not worth it for minor fixes or "one click" edits.

Just be cautious of what is said. I'm sorry that I might be a little sensitive, but it kind of hurt my feelings! ("Takes no skill at all")

First of all, here is to you for attempting to alter your photos and doing so successfully. Choosing the correct option that will enhance your photo is also a skill. However, the real skill is in taking the photo in the first place.

But I will still maintain that if I simply take a photo, and then click one button in photoshop to make it look like it was a chalk drawing, really what have I done? I took a nice photo to begin with (most of the skill); I purchased a computer program, and I clicked a button. My skill was in the photography and the choosing of the alteration. I didn't do anything really.

None of this is meant as an insult to anyone's skills. It is meant to encourage people to attempt to do other things with photoshop that don't require you to simply pull up a photo, click a button that says "chalk" and then save said photo and post it.

C&D

Creativity is all in knowing which button to click.

+1

Even if you know which 'one' button to click, you still need vision to pick the right photo, the right time, the right crop, then press that magic button.

(kind of that old joke about the guy/gal that gets paid very well for just hitting the piece of machinery to get it back working; he/she knows where and how to hit it)

Uponastar

Photoshop, etc is fun to use and is a lot of one click processes, but it's fun to get in there and start playing around to find out what everything does and how it really works. For the original post though it was very condensing in a sense because although say I'm not a pro like uponastar and do use a lot of one click options I felt that it made my picture minimal or not worthy of this post. Just be cautious of what is said. I'm sorry that I might be a little sensitive, but it kind of hurt my feelings! ("Takes no skill at all")

Brenna, I hope I didn't say anything to upset you. I love what you do and applaud your desire to learn more.
You're doing great!

BrennaRN

No you didn't say anything Uponastar. I feel like Gorjus is a little discouraging and I'm not exactly sure why he brought up the subject. I've just started with Photoshop with the one click changes, but I want to learn more and hope to learn more. He just made me feel like some of the stuff I post up here is silly because I only changed it with one button. I'm sorry to be this way, but you know what I'm going through. Thanks for all of your encouragement and help!

WildLodgeFan

You're right.
No one should be intimidated. It was the ease of the "one click" changes that made me want to learn more. I learned the rest with the help of a few tutorials, but mostly by just plain messing around on my own. And, of course, I'm still learning. It's addictive and fun, and I've found a creative side I didn't know I had. I've even been fortunate enough to find a way to make some money using the program, as well as using it for my own pleasure. To anyone interested...go for it!

And this was exactly how I acquired about 90% of my computer software knowledge - wanting to learn more, I read books, explored tutorials (which for some mystifying reason many people do not), and delved into the software to learn it's capabilities.

I would also like to point out that Adobe used to offer some really awesome books for their software called Classroom in a Book. They had hands on lessons in there for you to learn a variety of skills and I would recommend them to anyone who had a stron interest in learning.

Since my only copy of PhotoShop is owned by work (because as everyone has pointed out - it's really expensive), I'm not able to do any personal work, but I think I need to track down some of these different applications posters have mentioned in this thread, so I can play as well. :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom