Magically Manipulated Picture Of The Day

Uponastar

Thank you!

I also watched a few more tutorials and learned how to take an image and turn it into a Drawing-to-Image kind of thing.

DrawingCaslteSuitecopy.png

Oh, I love that effect!
I'm going to have to try that one.

Gorjus

For those of you with Photoshop envy, a lot of photoshop is one click of a button. It takes no skill at all. Now, removing a tree or hand from a photo or increasing the color in certain areas or making that photo of all the Disney girls riding tower of terror, now that takes skill...and time.

Exprcoofto

For those of you with Photoshop envy, a lot of photoshop is one click of a button. It takes no skill at all. Now, removing a tree or hand from a photo or increasing the color in certain areas or making that photo of all the Disney girls riding tower of terror, now that takes skill...and time.
Not all of it is a "once click button"... You have to know many steps and different styles to get something that looks really awesome. Especially when you change the image completely.

Color changing? That isn't difficult... maybe takes a little time, but not difficult. Putting faces on a picture? Simple - even with MS Paint.

I wish I had a button that said.. i.e. "Turn into Coin" :ROFLOL:

I love it. I wish I understood how to Photoshop.
I'm self teaching myself Pohotshop. Tutorials online help a lot - so I guess I'm not compeltely teaching myself... but I'm not taking any classes. (until college)

^^Me too! Someday I'm going to take a class on Photoshop.
Like I said, tutorials help a lot. Search for Photoshop Tutorials and you will find some pretty awesome ones out there. I then like to use the creations I saw and create something of my own. (video tutorials are the best)

Awesome, awesome work!
Thank you so much!

shakes20

Not all of it is a "once click button"... You have to know many steps and different styles to get something that looks really awesome. Especially when you change the image completely.

Color changing? That isn't difficult... maybe takes a little time, but not difficult. Putting faces on a picture? Simple - even with MS Paint.

I have to agree. The picture that I did of everyone on Tower of Terror was time consuming, but not very hard.

Gorjus

Making a photo look like it is all neon lights is one click of a button.
Making a photo look like it is a chalk drawing is one click of a button.
Making a photo look like it is a water color painting or wrapped in cellophane or black and white or a negative or a cartoon is ALL one click of a button.

The nothing is difficult if you know how to do it. As you said, the ToT photo was time consuming, that makes it difficult. It wasn't one click of a button.

A lot of the photos on this thread took some serious time to do and some of them took some serious skill.

Some of them were done, as professed by the poster, with one click of a button.

I'm not trying to diminish the work done here. What I'm trying to do is encourage those who think this is overwhelming to give it a try. Some of it photoshop will do for you. Some you have to do yourself and while not difficult is time consuming. Some of it takes real knowlege and skill.

Go out there and play with stuff. Always make a copy to work on so that your original is untouched. Have fun.

Exprcoofto

Making a photo look like it is a water color painting or wrapped in cellophane or black and white or a negative or a cartoon is ALL one click of a button.

The nothing is difficult if you know how to do it. As you said, the ToT photo was time consuming, that makes it difficult. It wasn't one click of a button.

A lot of the photos on this thread took some serious time to do and some of them took some serious skill.

I'm not trying to diminish the work done here. What I'm trying to do is encourage those who think this is overwhelming to give it a try. Some of it photoshop will do for you. Some you have to do yourself and while not difficult is time consuming. Some of it takes real knowlege and skill.

Go out there and play with stuff. Always make a copy to work on so that your original is untouched. Have fun.
I get what you are saying now. Your post didn't sound like that to me though - especially with the line "It takes no skill at all." Everything takes some skill.

On another note... just because something is time consuming it does not make it difficult. I could spend and hour working on a graphic and everything I do to it was easy, but it took time. That didn't make it difficult, but it was time consuming.

Uponastar

You're right.
No one should be intimidated. It was the ease of the "one click" changes that made me want to learn more. I learned the rest with the help of a few tutorials, but mostly by just plain messing around on my own. And, of course, I'm still learning. It's addictive and fun, and I've found a creative side I didn't know I had. I've even been fortunate enough to find a way to make some money using the program, as well as using it for my own pleasure. To anyone interested...go for it!

Gorjus

uponastar,

Some of the stuff you have posted has taken some real skill.

Here is an example of something that is very simple to do as long as you know what to do.

You have a family reunion photo. Above the people in the sky, a bird flew in right at the moment of the photo. Also, below the people are lawn chairs and patches of grass that are ugly. You want a beautiful partly cloudy sky above the people and you want perfect, uncluttered grass below them. Also, you want to put the words: Smith Family Reunion on the photo.

None of this is difficult at all for some of us. It would be done in 15 minutes. However, some of the viewers of this post are thinking, jeesh, that sounds hard. It is not difficult if you know how to do it. You are going to, probably, auto color correct, maybe a little tweaking after that. You are going to use the rubber stamp tool. Then you are going to use the text tool.

In the end, it looks like it is exactly how you took the photo (except for the lettering). Easy if you know how to do it and difficult if you don't. Making something look like a crayon drawing would be difficult at best manually, yet photoshop gives you one click of the button to accomplish it. That is my point.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
˙ǝɯıʇ puɐ˙˙˙llıʞs sǝʞɐʇ ʇɐɥʇ ʍou 'ɹoɹɹǝʇ ɟo ɹǝʍoʇ ƃuıpıɹ slɹıƃ ʎǝusıp ǝɥʇ llɐ ɟo oʇoɥd ʇɐɥʇ ƃuıʞɐɯ ɹo sɐǝɹɐ uıɐʇɹǝɔ uı ɹoloɔ ǝɥʇ ƃuısɐǝɹɔuı ɹo oʇoɥd ɐ ɯoɹɟ puɐɥ ɹo ǝǝɹʇ ɐ ƃuıʌoɯǝɹ 'ʍou ˙llɐ ʇɐ llıʞs ou sǝʞɐʇ ʇı ˙uoʇʇnq ɐ ɟo ʞɔılɔ ǝuo sı doɥsoʇoɥd ɟo ʇol ɐ 'ʎʌuǝ doɥsoʇoɥd ɥʇıʍ noʎ ɟo ǝsoɥʇ ɹoɟ

Creativity is all in knowing which button to click.

Uponastar

uponastar,

Some of the stuff you have posted has taken some real skill.

Here is an example of something that is very simple to do as long as you know what to do.

You have a family reunion photo. Above the people in the sky, a bird flew in right at the moment of the photo. Also, below the people are lawn chairs and patches of grass that are ugly. You want a beautiful partly cloudy sky above the people and you want perfect, uncluttered grass below them. Also, you want to put the words: Smith Family Reunion on the photo.

None of this is difficult at all for some of us. It would be done in 15 minutes. However, some of the viewers of this post are thinking, jeesh, that sounds hard. It is not difficult if you know how to do it. You are going to, probably, auto color correct, maybe a little tweaking after that. You are going to use the rubber stamp tool. Then you are going to use the text tool.

In the end, it looks like it is exactly how you took the photo (except for the lettering). Easy if you know how to do it and difficult if you don't. Making something look like a crayon drawing would be difficult at best manually, yet photoshop gives you one click of the button to accomplish it. That is my point.

You're quite right.
A lot of what I do is just for fun and requires little knowledge of Photoshop. But I have learned some real skills along the way, too. And, because I sincerely love the program, I will continue to learn more.
I love "playing" with my pictures, and that's where my creative side comes out. But I also do corrective work for a company that sells windows. It requires a lot of tedious work, and it's not always fun. But I still love it because I'm constantly learning.
Just about any one of the tools used in Photoshop is fairly easy to learn. The more you use that tool, the more comfortable you get with it and the more eager you become to learn something new.
For some, the "one click" options may be as far as they want to go. I'd suggest they look into programs that simply allow you to enhance your photographs and are less expensive than Photoshop.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom