Magical Express..Do you tip the driver?

Tom

Beta Return
It depends. If we take ME at the beginning of the trip, then no. He's not handling our bags, he's just driving us. At the end of the trip, yes, I usually give him about $5.00.

Do you not use Resort Airline Check-In? I do, and thus, the DME drivers never handle any of our bags.

I would not tip the bus driver if he asked for a tip. If he was a really good bus driver and didn't ask for a tip i would tip him.

Same here. If "tip" is brought up in the spiel, automatic NO.

I tip if he handles my luggage, which doesn't usually happen. Once I tipped a very funny driver who had the whole bus in stitches the whole ride there.

We've had a couple DME drivers over the years who were able to speak clearly enough, and hold the microphone correctly (i.e. not halfway down their throat)....and they were tipped if they offered helpful tips and such. I've also had drivers who thought their dialogue was more useful and important than the DME video (which is my ritualistic start of the trip!)....I wish I could TAKE tips back from those drivers!

alawrence

There have been trips that we have tipped, there have been trips that we have not.

We have never stowed a bag, they have always been yellow tagged, or check at the resort the morning of departure. I can definitely appreciate the tip $1 per bag if they are handling your luggage, or tip for a great or entertaining driver. We have also been on the bus with the driver that points out where the gators like to sit under the bridge.

I think that the driver and the enjoyment of the ride will dictate the tip. If you remind me 3 or 4 times on the trip over the loud speaker that you accept tips, and have a big sign that states "Please tip the driver on your way out." You answered the question for me.

disneypearl

I only tip if the Magical Express driver if he handles my bags. I also don't give a tip if the driver is pushy about a tip and tells everyone how he would like a one.

InLikeFlynn

I've used it twice, and didn't tip either time. The first time I was very well prepared to bring my carry on the bus with me and the driver practically wrestled it from my hands. I said "oh I can just carry this with me" and he was very pushy to just stow it under the bus. It made me nervous because all my camera gear and an ipad was in it. When we stopped to drop other guests off before we got to our hotel, I had a bad feeling...I scooted over to the other side of the bus to see the guests that had unloaded and saw the driver had pulled my bag out and sat it there on the curb....and that wasn't my stop! I had to climb off the bus to retrieve it, and he just looked at me like I was nuts.
The second time I brought my carry ons with me, no problem.

mouse_luv

I dont see why you would. I mean, doesnt planning the trip through WDW guarantee that he will get a little bit of what you pay for your trip in his paycheck?

I_heart_Tigger

I dont see why you would. I mean, doesnt planning the trip through WDW guarantee that he will get a little bit of what you pay for your trip in his paycheck?

That's what I figure. If a driver ever went way above and beyond his duties - though I don't know what that would be for a ME driver - I might tip them but it's never happened so I've never tipped. I also only get on the bus with a carryon so he's not even handling any of my luggage. It kind if irks me when I get off the bus and he is literally standing there with his hand out. I'm tempted to "give him 5" (and I don't mean $5.00)

I_heart_Tigger

I've used it twice, and didn't tip either time. The first time I was very well prepared to bring my carry on the bus with me and the driver practically wrestled it from my hands. I said "oh I can just carry this with me" and he was very pushy to just stow it under the bus. It made me nervous because all my camera gear and an ipad was in it.

Ohhh...that would not impress me. There's no I way I would part with my camera gear. I realize it's just under the bus but I like to have it with me. Why wouldn't he let you take it on? Did he have any reason?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom