MAGICal DLP News, Rumours & Thoughts

cjkeating

i wonder what the reason is?
I do think DLP should have signposted this in advance but this is just a typical January severe off-peak entertainment break/cost saving. Also I assume a cast swap.

Outside of an anniversary year it would not be unusual for all entertainment (excluding parade and fireworks) to be on hiatus during January until the school holidays start in February. All Christmas entertainment just ended, MATM has gone on a cast swap and it's quite surprising to see we still have the Lion King and Dream Factory in addition to Dream and Shine Brighter plus parade/fireworks/drones.

If you are a Florida regular or never visit DLP in January I don't think it's quite clear how quiet the parks can be. WDSP can see attendance in the low single digit thousands during weekdays and they might not be quite as low this year but it will be the quietest and least profitable month at DLP for sure.

Last edited:

LondonTom

This is really poor from DLP. The shows etc are such a key component of the land, without them its just basically a slightly nicer car park.

Even for January, I think its poor form. People still pay the same price to enter.

fradz

Pretty great!

From OutsidEars:

The Grand Final of the 30th anniversary celebrations will open in a few weeks and the Disneyland Paris teams are concocting a busy program for these few weeks of celebration.

Visitors will first be able to discover a new Marvel show starting January 28, "Avengers: Power The Night" played every night at Walt Disney Studios Park. This show, performed with 500 drones, will relieve the nighttime show at Disneyland Park. It should be played until the beginning of May.

Two attractions that are well known to enthusiasts will also find visitors again in the coming months: It's A Small World, which is undergoing a major technical rehabilitation, should in fact reopen on May 5th, allowing Disneyland Park, this mythical attraction closed since the start of the 30 year celebrations. We had detailed the program of this rehabilitation in an article shortly before its closure.
The Mysteries of the Nautilus, an emblematic walkthrough of Discoveryland, should return to the crowds from April 2, with a reimagined show. The rehabilitation, which has been going on for many months (not to say years) will have enabled the building to be brought up to standard but also the complete renovation of the decorations of the attraction.

But the most striking return this year would undoubtedly be that of Disney Dreams, the emblematic nighttime show launched for the park's 20th anniversary in 2012 and which will return in a reworked version from April 12. And, technology requires, the drones that we currently find during the Disney D-Light preshow would now take part in the show.

montydysquith-navarro

In the Parks
No

jrhwdw

Great about Disney Dreams!!!!! So, is Disney Illuminations done for good on April 11th?

Doesn't this sound like what's happening in MK????? Although D I has around a lot longer than DE...

Also, MK should get year round LED Castle Dream Lights like DLP after the 50th!!!

montydysquith-navarro

In the Parks
No
I know these scenes are featured on the publicity materials, but is there a chance that either the Lion King or the Brave segments (or both) gets swapped out for more recent releases (Encanto, Frozen II, Soul, etc.)?

Encanto makes sense, especially since DLP Live Entertainment has already made a projection mapping of Casita on the castle (for New Years Eve 2021) but I feel that they’ll probably use that for a Disney100 show, if they are planning one:

AndyS2992

I know I'm in the minority but I've never really quite grasped why people love Dreams so much, saw it in 2012 and didn't leave much of an impression. Illuminations is much better imo, but even then, I find WDW's Enchantment better than any firework show DLP puts out with it's minimal fireworks, no big shells or anything in any of their displays. Whether it's cost cutting or laws due to housing nearby, I'm not sure.

The recent Wishes show for New Year was spectacular however and is the type of show the park deserves. The annual Mickey's magical bonfire shows on Lake Disney in November are also very good.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I know I'm in the minority but I've never really quite grasped why people love Dreams so much, saw it in 2012 and didn't leave much of an impression. Illuminations is much better imo, but even then, I find WDW's Enchantment better than any firework show DLP puts out with it's minimal fireworks, no big shells or anything in any of their displays. Whether it's cost cutting or laws due to housing nearby, I'm not sure.

The recent Wishes show for New Year was spectacular however and is the type of show the park deserves. The annual Mickey's magical bonfire shows on Lake Disney in November are also very good.
DLP cannot use “noisy” pyro without permission and only for certain nights (used to be from the mayors office)

cjkeating

I think give Dreams! another go. It's got a lovely emotional storyline that flows really well and hopefully it will capture you a second time.

Comparatively Illuminations and Enchantment in my opinion are just scenes clipped together with an unrelated start and end.

You do have to look beyond the lack of massive pyro and enjoy the more intimate castle based pyro along with the projections, fountains, fire, Second Star, spotlights, castle lights etc.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom