MAGICal DLP News, Rumours & Thoughts

LondonTom

I’m hoping it turns out better than the renders.

I feel they just haven't been bold enough with Disney Village, it needs a Disney Springs level of ambition/rebuild rather than just tidying up which it mostly feels like so far.

Really hope it eventually has a meal that I'll eat that feels worth it for the price they charge 😂

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Just to add some context, this rendering is only showing the facade changes on the left hand side as this is what the permit is for.
Exactly. It’s the left side styling style I find boring. I’m one who would rather they keep what’s there with some sprucing up, removal of the remaining towers etc.

Make it something that doesn’t look like a shopping mall you could find elsewhere. Whilst dated it currently has the right amount of whimsy.

cjkeating

I’m one who would rather they keep what’s there with some sprucing up, removal of the remaining towers etc.
Whilst dated it currently has the right amount of whimsy.
Not sure if you have any nostalgic links to the earlier days of Festival/Disney Village? But I’d be happier if they just knocked the place down and just put some trees and grass there.

When I first went to DLP in 2013 and I walked through Disney Village I thought I was in some Chinese Disney knock off. I wasn’t that far off turning around and not actually making it to the parks if this was the standard of them. A shocking first impression. And to think 10 years later it’s still almost the same.

I know some like the quirkiness of current DV but I’m really looking forward to a nice clean, simple DV with I am sure a few fun flourishes. Tbh I am more looking forward to the refits of the floor space inside those buildings. Most feel like shopping in a semi-abandoned US mall.

cjkeating

I do, but I’m glad that no longer exists. Las Vegas meets Blackpool.

In 2013 you saw the then new improved version too ! I’m more interested in the replacements for PH and the backside of Rainforest / Hurricanes. They have to get these right.
Yes! PH, Buffalo Bills (I’m not expecting a show) RF as you say. Also once the new McDonalds is open that should lead to the start of the actual expansion. Fingers crossed.

nickys

Premium Member
On our first visit in 1995 I just remember going to see the Buffalo Bill show. I don’t actually remember where it was or what else was there.

Our next trip was October 2023. And I think it looks awful. The only exterior I liked was the big Art Deco style one right at the corner - I think it’s World of Disney. The rest of it is really unappealing.

Personally I’d get rid of it and start again. Leave the new restaurant by the lake (which was behind boarding in October) and start again from scratch.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Yes! PH, Buffalo Bills (I’m not expecting a show) RF as you say. Also once the new McDonalds is open that should lead to the start of the actual expansion. Fingers crossed.
Bills is the big question mark. It’s such a large area but hemmed in by all the additions around its perimeter over the years.

Last edited:

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
For the uninitiated here’s the additions since 1992

IMG_1278.jpeg

nickys

Premium Member
Bills is the big question mark. It’s such a large area but hemmed in by all the additions around its perimeter over the years.
The arena’s still there? Where?

I saw your next post but I don’t know what the buildings are. I can’t even work out which is the lake / resort end.

cjkeating

Seems a really neat addition! Plus a decent enough beer instead of 1664!
Yes! My go to in Billy Bob's!

Seems interesting, it might be nothing and just misleading but a new show in the Discoveryland theatre instead of poor man's PhilharMagic would be a great quick addition!!
I think this is just the standard Discoveryland Theatre construction fence poster. I don't think we should be getting excited.

Gusey

Seems interesting, it might be nothing and just misleading but a new show in the Discoveryland theatre instead of poor man's PhilharMagic would be a great quick addition!!

Yeah, PhilarMagic is listed as returning on the 12th on the calendar, no replacement for the show at the moment

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom