Trip Report Magical 10th Birthday Celebration

1ECD1320-A15A-42E9-8859-29E2AB73389B.jpeg
Who: Hubs, Jet and Me!

A4E01C06-0FDC-4A37-87F8-7F72F1E4E75A.jpeg
What: We booked this trip last January before the world went mad. We considered canceling about 50,000,000 times. We needed this trip and the special one on one time with Jet. Ninja, Bear and Handsome were excited for a weekend at Nana and Pawpaw’s.
Where: 3 nights at Universal’s Loews Royal Pacific Resort. Yes, you read that right we cheated on Disney and visited Universal.
When: November 19-22
Why: 1 day at Hollywood Studios (we couldn’t go to Orlando and not visit Disney), 2 days Universal Resort. My girls loves Harry Potter and finished reading the story 3 days before our trip.

Sillysidewalker

Original Poster
On our DCA trip last fall Jet became obsessed with the Incredicoaster. When we were planning this trip she asked if there were any rides that went upside down. Rock n Rollercoaster to the rescue. The posted wait time was 45 minutes. The extended outside queue had a million switchbacks. There was an older castmember entertaining the line. He was making small talk. He told us not to be afraid. His first time he kept his eyes closed the whole time. The second time he kept them open and it became his second favorite ride in the parks. We spent some time guessing his first. It was Soarin. The wait was pretty much 45 minutes exactly.
64D2D085-1716-4986-898A-58D11C8BEC9C.jpeg
71A882A3-3F0A-400F-95FB-B466A69E67CF.jpeg
She loved it. It’s now her favorite ride at WDW. She made sure to tell the castmember on her way out.

Sillysidewalker

Original Poster
It was 1:15 by the time we were done. Our plan had been to ride Tower of Terror. However the wait was posted at 45 minutes and we wanted to be outside at 2:00 for the ROTR boarding groups. We decided to ride Star Tours which was only posted as a 10 minute wait.

Pretty wreath on our way across the park.
B1685494-B102-40EC-B6B3-4A9040061BFA.jpeg

Star tours always makes me 🤢. I even closed my eyes the whole ride.

We found a spot near Star Tours out in the open with no one near us. In the morning when I was picking up Jet’s birthday pin I asked the castmember for pointers. She said outside, no one nearby, OFF WiFi. Two seconds before 2:00. This had worked for her every time. Hubs decided to try this method. I went rogue and just kept refreshing my screen after 1:59 while on WiFi. Hubs was successful. Boarding group 105. Morale of the story don’t go rogue.

Sillysidewalker

Original Poster
We were on cloud nine after successfully obtaining a boarding group. Mickey and Minnie’s Runaway Railway also had a 55 minute wait. We decided to try it out next. There was an adorable family in front of us. They had a darling little girl in knee socks and about a 4 month old baby boy. The dad had the sleeping boy in a baby carrier on his chest. The little girl fell and skinned her knees. She was crying and only wanted daddy. The dad picked her up to console her and she quickly fell asleep. That sweet dad held both of his loves for 30 minutes. My back was burning in empathy remembering all the times I had done the same thing with my twins.❤️ The wait ended up being about 45 minutes.
96C710CB-9F35-4A42-8EDD-7447AB334D7B.jpeg
DBF89EF8-4880-4A07-9418-0F3DE1A8EFA3.jpeg
1ABE9822-184E-4017-9ED7-CF77EDC1AA25.jpeg
We loved it! I can’t wait to go back and do it again.

Sillysidewalker

Original Poster
Our boarding group was two away so we hung out with Chewy for a bit.
5EFA1C75-5F03-45F4-AD1B-55AE91228F02.jpeg
Then it was finally our time! I have a cute video of Juliet skipping through the queue but apparently I am technologically challenged.
I also don’t know how to post the pictures as spoilers so look away.
177A8834-4E6F-4882-BD6E-53FDF7928BB6.jpeg
5EC41AD2-9C2D-45F0-972B-1C6AB6BF4B55.jpeg
43CF1A25-6E44-4AD0-94B1-3CAF2124ECEA.jpeg
CC1F4D77-D877-4782-B0CA-D4468280FEBD.jpeg
9151A5CB-E273-43A7-A4EF-C5841CA180C9.jpeg
We really liked the ride however I don’t think it’s worth the boarding group stress. Personally I think the new ride tech is going to over used by Disney since it looks like Ratatoulie is using the same tech.

Back!Elbow!Shoulders!

Omnia mutantur, nihil interit
Premium Member
How lovely to have a special one kid trip. Seems like you’re off to a fun start.

(Also- unsolicited tip from a fellow motion sickness sufferer- the engineer position is the least bad on MF:SR)

PolynesianPrincess

I've been away from commenting on TR's for a couple years now, but I'm back!!
What a fun day y'all are having!! Star Tours also makes me a bit 🤢 Always has, not sure why since other motion simulators don't.
Rockn Roller Coaster is one of my favorite rides too!!
Boarding groups are SO stressful! I hate having to do them but we rode ROTR in September and LOVED it! We're willing to deal with the stress to ride it every time.

Can't wait to read more!

Sillysidewalker

Original Poster
I've been away from commenting on TR's for a couple years now, but I'm back!!
What a fun day y'all are having!! Star Tours also makes me a bit 🤢 Always has, not sure why since other motion simulators don't.
Rockn Roller Coaster is one of my favorite rides too!!
Boarding groups are SO stressful! I hate having to do them but we rode ROTR in September and LOVED it! We're willing to deal with the stress to ride it every time.

Can't wait to read more!
I think we put extra pressure on ourselves since we knew Jet really wanted to ride. Next time the pressure will be off. We had an incredible day at HS! Thanks for following and commenting! I always wonder who reads these!

Darstarr

In the Parks
No
Personally I think the new ride tech is going to over used by Disney since it looks like Ratatoulie is using the same tech.
I agree. MMRR should have been put in MK to spread the technology out.
Too much of the same ride system over and over=universal!
I have a cute video of Juliet skipping through the queue but apparently I am technologically challenged.
I had a video I wanted to insert into my last TR so I reached out to @bee for help. She is young and hip (btw anyone who says young and hip in the same sentence is NOT!) So she tells me to upload to you tube then.....Wait, upwhat to whonow???
No video from me.

Sillysidewalker

Original Poster
I agree. MMRR should have been put in MK to spread the technology out.
Too much of the same ride system over and over=universal!

I had a video I wanted to insert into my last TR so I reached out to @bee for help. She is young and hip (btw anyone who says young and hip in the same sentence is NOT!) So she tells me to upload to you tube then.....Wait, upwhat to whonow???
No video from me.

I am the worst millennial around (barely 1981). @bee needs to post a tutorial!!!

Sillysidewalker

Original Poster
It was time to say goodbye to Batuu for this trip.
F334D080-F866-43E2-B986-2AF90DD7DC45.jpeg
We had planned to spend my 40th birthday with all our extended family at Disney in March. However due to all the uncertainty we changed locations to Sedona. I will welcome my 40th year at the rim of the Grand Canyon in lieu of drinking my way through world showcase.
We skipped Tower of Terror in the afternoon so we were heading back. A stop to watch a character cavalcade.
1826FC62-568E-48BA-B569-373BBB6BE2E2.jpeg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom