Trip Report Magical 10th Birthday Celebration

1ECD1320-A15A-42E9-8859-29E2AB73389B.jpeg
Who: Hubs, Jet and Me!

A4E01C06-0FDC-4A37-87F8-7F72F1E4E75A.jpeg
What: We booked this trip last January before the world went mad. We considered canceling about 50,000,000 times. We needed this trip and the special one on one time with Jet. Ninja, Bear and Handsome were excited for a weekend at Nana and Pawpaw’s.
Where: 3 nights at Universal’s Loews Royal Pacific Resort. Yes, you read that right we cheated on Disney and visited Universal.
When: November 19-22
Why: 1 day at Hollywood Studios (we couldn’t go to Orlando and not visit Disney), 2 days Universal Resort. My girls loves Harry Potter and finished reading the story 3 days before our trip.

DisneyJeff

In the Parks
No
Since we were tired we decided to boat back to the resort. A very drunk gentleman who was wearing a chin diaper (Hubs term for people who wear their masks down) was pretending to be captain. He was cracking jokes that no one laughed at. The ACTUAL captain kindly asked him to step aside and he complied. The ride was quick and uneventful after that. When we got back I picked up our items we had purchased in the park the day before. It was obvious the boat ride had refreshed Jet. She wanted to swim. It was overcast and 75 too cold for me but she has her dad wrapped around her pinky. They changed I decided to go down relax poolside with a drink but not swim.

When we got there ducks were swimming in the pool. These were not cute Disney Ducks. These were demonic ducks. I was minding my own business FaceTiming Bear while Jet and Hubs swam. The ducks decide to take flight however one of them decides to fly right into my face!!! A team member happened to be walking by carrying new towels. She tossed the towels and ran over to check on me. My forehead/eye were a little swollen afterwards but I was fine. It was sooo strange and the Hubs has used a million duck jokes since. Now I know why @riverside isn’t a fan of birds!

I guess you should've ducked!!! 🤣 (Sorry, couldn't resist.)

Great trip repot! Thanks for sharing. I especially enjoyed the Universal part of your trip. I haven't been there since 2016. Thinking it might be time to go back.

Sillysidewalker

Original Poster
I guess you should've ducked!!! 🤣 (Sorry, couldn't resist.)

Great trip repot! Thanks for sharing. I especially enjoyed the Universal part of your trip. I haven't been there since 2016. Thinking it might be time to go bac

😂this was Hubs go to line for the remainder of our trip.

Go back to Uni! It was our first time so I have no idea what it was like pre-rona however, during Rona felt safe and minimal waits. Thanks for following along.

Minnesota disney fan

Loved your trip report,and how special for Jet:)
We love Universal too and really enjoyed your photos.
I am going to check out Universal sites too.
I wonder why Universal can have fireworks and disney cannot???? So glad you go to see them!

newhorizons1

Loved your report of your quick trip to Disney and Universal! Now you have me wanting to pick an age to take my kids on their very own special trip. It is a weird time at the parks, but I absolutely agree with everything you said! The Wizarding World is absolutely amazing! It really does wrap me up in the series all over again each time I see it. Thank you for sharing!

Sillysidewalker

Original Poster
Loved your trip report,and how special for Jet:)
We love Universal too and really enjoyed your photos.
I am going to check out Universal sites too.
I wonder why Universal can have fireworks and disney cannot???? So glad you go to see them!
Thank you! We have so many inside stories and memories from our trip. I am making her a Shutterfly photo book so she can hopefully commit them to long term memory. I was shocked about the fireworks. I usually over plan our trips and Hubby was like how did you not know there were fireworks? I was as confused as he was! Thanks for following along.

Sillysidewalker

Original Poster
Loved your report of your quick trip to Disney and Universal! Now you have me wanting to pick an age to take my kids on their very own special trip. It is a weird time at the parks, but I absolutely agree with everything you said! The Wizarding World is absolutely amazing! It really does wrap me up in the series all over again each time I see it. Thank you for sharing!
I highly recommend a 1 kid trip. We have only done parks with kids and usually a lot of kids🥴. It was so RELAXING and special. Thank you for following along. Hopefully you will get another Disney or Universal trip soon.

amjt660

Premium Member
Great report of a short(but very full) trip to WDW and Uni

Hubs decided to try this method. I went rogue and just kept refreshing my screen after 1:59 while on WiFi. Hubs was successful. Boarding group 105. Morale of the story don’t go rogue.
I have to disagree - sometimes going Rogue is the right thing to do!

1609261704112.png

Jet is not a fan of Tower of Terror. The Guardians of the Galaxy ride at DCA is much more intense (and I love it) but it scared Jet off from this ride.
DCA Guardians ride is great - now the two tower rides in North America are unique!
So we stopped to enjoy the Fireworks and celebrating our girls double digit day.
Jet go her own fireworks show - I cannot remember my tenth bday but I am sure I did not get fireworks!!
A sleepover in the guest room was required.
That is the most precious thing in the world - soak it in and hold on tight for as long as you can

Great report - thanks for sharing -sorry for being so late to this great party!!

Max

Sillysidewalker

Original Poster
Great report of a short(but very full) trip to WDW and Uni

I have to disagree - sometimes going Rogue is the right thing to do!

View attachment 521131

DCA Guardians ride is great - now the two tower rides in North America are unique!

Jet go her own fireworks show - I cannot remember my tenth bday but I am sure I did not get fireworks!!

That is the most precious thing in the world - soak it in and hold on tight for as long as you can

Great report - thanks for sharing -sorry for being so late to this great party!!

Max
Max I’ve missed your reports! Hope you and your family are doing well in all this crazy! We had the best time and hope to be able to share with the rest of the family soon.

tommcp516

Awesome trip report--and thanks for all of the details about the Universal part of your trip.

We're heading to WDW in April, but next year we have our sights set going to Uni, with the Wizarding World as the main destination. Your great photos definitely helped seal the deal!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom