magic REVEALED

McArcDes

I can tell you all with total and the utmost certainty that there is no "man" inside mickey...and the Wicked Queen is not really a woman!! I couldnt believe it my self at first but it is true....Mickey and the characters costumes are really alien pods used in their secret plot to over throw the world as we know it.....Trust me its true....

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy
A Grizz first

WDWScottieBoy said:
Does that mean Grizz isn't really human but a talented, VERY talented bear that regulars these boards?!? :lol:

I've heard Grizz called a lot of things on this board, but this has to be the first time I've heard him called talented. :lol: :lookaroun :lol:

McArcDes said:
I can tell you all with total and the utmost certainty that there is no "man" inside mickey...and the Wicked Queen is not really a woman!! I couldnt believe it my self at first but it is true....Mickey and the characters costumes are really alien pods used in their secret plot to over throw the world as we know it.....Trust me its true....

*gasp* The aliens are striking back, since Disney layed off one of their kind when Alien Encounter closed. :lookaroun

ral8026

thanks that l do pig for sharing info. you'll learn that people here love to joke. welcome to the board. hope you understand their only ribbing you.

that_L_do_pig

Original Poster
I was serious in my initial post - this was a big 'well duh' for me when I saw the pic of the drained river a few years ago.

The thought just never crossed my mind that you would not want to pilot a steam paddle wheeler on a 100-feet river with other much smaller vessels packed full of guests. Really. I am not dense, it just never crossed my mind.

So, back to topic, I am looking for other 'well DUH!'-type observations where the magic is enforced on the casual observer.

Oh, and Disney WAS a mason, right?

mrtoad

that_L_do_pig said:
I was serious in my initial post - this was a big 'well duh' for me when I saw the pic of the drained river a few years ago.

The thought just never crossed my mind that you would not want to pilot a steam paddle wheeler on a 100-feet river with other much smaller vessels packed full of guests. Really. I am not dense, it just never crossed my mind.

So, back to topic, I am looking for other 'well DUH!'-type observations where the magic is enforced on the casual observer.

I will be for real.

I went to WDW all through my childhood and until my mid teens. Next time I went I was an adult of 24. Until I went as an adult I did not know the Jungle Cruise boats were on a track.

I did not know that there was a whole other building behind the Haunted Mansion and thought I was going through the actual Mansion and part of it was underground.

I also did not know how they did the fountain trick in Tropical Seranade. I still might be wrong on that one. Someone please confirm for me, was it a glass tube that was raised up that had the water flow out of it?

I am sure there are others I can't think of.

that_L_do_pig

Original Poster
thanks mr toad. My local amusement park (Astroworld) had a 'jungle cruise' long ago and as a kid I knew it was on tracks (or the boat had HORRIBLE handling) as I made my way through. I can remember being selected as captain as a kid thinking that the employee (definitely not cast members there) was still steering the boat. Eventually I figured out it was a rail.

Haunted Mansion - same thing - perhaps the saddest experience I had at WDW was when my then 4 year old daughter chickened out after the stretching room and we exited the back way alongside the length of the attraction enclosure building with some doom buggies having maintenance performed outside. It was like seeing behind the curtain in the wizard of oz for me.

Tropical Serenade - I have no idea what this is about...

mrtoad

that_L_do_pig said:
Tropical Serenade - I have no idea what this is about...

It has now been turned into "The Enchanted Tiki Room Under New Management".

The fountain was in the center of the room and has now been replaced by Tina Turner's animatronic sister...

SewIn2Disney

that_L_do_pig said:

Ok, here's one for you. I was in WDW last May during a mid afternoon downpour and fierce thunderstorm. My two friends and I were standing on the balcony at ASMo, and our "neighbors" in the next room also stepped outside. A few seconds later a huge flash of lightening lit up the sky and the woman next to us turned to me and goes, "is that the laser show in Epcot? I assumed it would be later at night."

She was obvously having a welll.....Duh! Moment.

BeachClubVillas

How's this for a "well, duh!" moment...

When I first joined the board, someone told me that Cinderella's Castle had been turned into a missle silo after 9/11.

I totally believed it! :eek:
Being new on these boards is kind of like joining a fraternity...you've got to expect some embarassment! But it's all in good fun

General Grizz

BeachClubVillas said:
How's this for a "well, duh!" moment...

When I first joined the board, someone told me that Cinderella's Castle had been turned into a missle silo after 9/11.

I totally believed it! :eek:
Being new on these boards is kind of like joining a fraternity...you've got to expect some embarassment! But it's all in good fun
You were misinformed.

The castle turned into a missle silo in its transition to a Castle cake for the 25th anniversary. The cake was simply a coverup.

What? You think Disney would actually transform Cinderella Castle solely to turn it into a cake??

Atta83

that_L_do_pig said:
thanks mr toad. My local amusement park (Astroworld) had a 'jungle cruise' long ago and as a kid I knew it was on tracks (or the boat had HORRIBLE handling) as I made my way through.

Yeah but here at Astroworld in Houston it has gone sour to me. We went there two years ago and did everything we wanted and left..it was just ..i dunno how to put it the waymy mom put it. LOL :drevil:

DMC-12

It's HarmonioUS, NOT HarmoniYOU.
I heard that "the wand" on Spaceship Earth is a huge EMP (electromagnetic pulse) antenna array. And that if one of the WS countries tries to start a war or something... they will be blasted back to the stoneage. :lol: :lookaroun

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom