News Magic Kingdom's Main Street Confectionery closing for refurbishment

note2001

The best look at the new look:
View attachment 589086

I'm admittedly mixed. I'm a fan the tile inlay with the new confectionary logo. Not the biggest fan of the faux wood pattern. I dont even mind faux wood, I'd just rather it be linear.
Someone (Disney Parks) needs to improve their tiktoks.

Remember the days when everyone was over-enhancing their colors on their photos because they could? Same thing but with angles and poor framing. The sticky sweet voice didn't help, but at least it matched the topic.

Hand me the Dramamine.

castlecake2.0

I almost commented on that as well. It looks like a standard drop ceiling in an office building.
I’m not going to freak out till I see the whole space, and try to keep in mind that there’s the pressure of keeping things quaint along with giving room for the exponential increase of ecvs and strollers everywhere, and that theming doesn’t mean there has to be crap glued to every available surface... I just want it to still feel like main street. They did a good job with Starbucks I feel so hopefully something along the lines of that.

castlecake2.0

It is which is what was there before. It’s hard to tell if they even changed anything with the ceiling.
You’re right
D826805A-E851-49E9-88FC-79DB73009292.png

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Someone (Disney Parks) needs to improve their tiktoks.

Remember the days when everyone was over-enhancing their colors on their photos because they could? Same thing but with angles and poor framing. The sticky sweet voice didn't help, but at least it matched the topic.

Hand me the Dramamine.
The Dutch angle just had me assuming that there was going to be a candy-based Batman villain appearing in the shop.

Splashin' Ryan

From what we've seen so far the design looks very similar to those of Lolli and Pops stores (search for more pictures if you want).
Grainy wood floor, mint color palette, globe lights, gold color accents, inlaid floor design, etc.
It's hard to tell if one inspired the other or the other way around.
Unsurprisingly it's nearly the same products being sold too.
1632609294238.png

note2001

From what we've seen so far the design looks very similar to those of Lolli and Pops stores (search for more pictures if you want).
Grainy wood floor, mint color palette, globe lights, gold color accents, inlaid floor design, etc.
It's hard to tell if one inspired the other or the other way around.
Unsurprisingly it's nearly the same products being sold too.
View attachment 589117
Reminds me of a Yankee Candle, painted blue.

jaxonp

Y'all should just be happy this just didn't turn into more of the same. At least its candy for whomever wants that stuff...

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Oh yay, dozens of tubes of candy, straight out of Vegas, or any M&M store. Faux wood grain flooring, which we all know is very turn-of-the-century. A color palette that exudes modern Disney design.

I frankly don’t care about how much space they “created”, because people run into you regardless. I care about keeping the turn-of-the-century look and feel and theming of the Confectionary.

6 months for … what?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom