News Magic Kingdom's Main Street Confectionery closing for refurbishment

ToTBellHop

I can't find the full menu, but the screenshots I've found look like they have M&Ms, Skittles, or Snickers in almost every single product. That's really too bad.
Check the app. It’s all there. I see a few items without something Mars. Like, literally 3 items. 1 cookie and 2 apples. I assume they’ll still have cotton candy even though I don‘t see it listed.

UNCgolf

I wonder how long it will be before all the bakery areas in the parks are sponsored by Little Debbie or Krispy Kreme and almost exclusively sell their products.

Casper Gutman

I’m just glad the Mars sponsorship worked out, otherwise WDW might not have had the money to keep operating.

Genuine question: is anything at Uni prominently “sponsored by” an outside company? My suspicion is that the sponsorship ideal was born of the worlds fairs Disney emulated and, more broadly, the now defunct ideal of a great partnership of benevolent corporations using corporate-sponsored science (the “Nestle scientists”) leading us all (but mostly America) into a great big beautiful tomorrow. Without that ideal being current, the sponsorship thing feels more like a Johnny Rockets at Six Flags.

UNCgolf

You can find the menu in the MDE app (there are two listings for the Confectionery - choose the one with the fork/knife icon).

Check the app. It’s all there. I see a few items without something Mars. Like, literally 3 items. 1 cookie and 2 apples. I assume they’ll still have cotton candy even though I don‘t see it listed.

I was looking on the website; it's not up there for some reason. Found it in the app though, thanks!

And yes, this menu looks awful to me. I'm not sure there's any reason for me to even go inside.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
I agree. These actually sound good to me:
View attachment 589546
There are a lot of vanilla things with Skittles. Maybe if they are really stale, it will work? Seems like Fruity Pebbles to me. Kids will love them?

As much as I like M&M’s, none of these seem particular special to me. They look uninspired, and are treats you could get in Anytown, USA at a candy shop. I wish they went with things that were a little more creative and unique, but that’s not today’s Disney.

Casper Gutman

I wonder how long it will be before all the bakery areas in the parks are sponsored by Little Debbie or Krispy Kreme and almost exclusively sell their products.
What’s odd is that WDW is trying to farm out all thier restaurants, particularly at Springs, while Uni at Citywalk is actively pushing out third parties and replacing them with proprietary, Uni run restaurants. Both companies really like money - what is causing the very different philosophies?

UNCgolf

I personally adore Karamell Kuche.

Werther's is just the brand of caramel they're using as opposed to selling a bunch of products made by Werther's. To be fair, that's how this new confectionary works too -- they're simply using Mars candy in their products rather than selling something specifically made by Mars.

The original comment was tongue in cheek, but I can't say I'd be overly surprised if it actually did happen.

UNCgolf

What’s odd is that WDW is trying to farm out all thier restaurants, particularly at Springs, while Uni at Citywalk is actively pushing out third parties and replacing them with proprietary, Uni run restaurants. Both companies really like money - what is causing the very different philosophies?

Has Springs ever had any restaurants run by Disney? I honestly don't know.

ToTBellHop

Werther's is just the brand of caramel they're using as opposed to selling a bunch of products made by Werther's. To be fair, that's how this new confectionary works too -- they're simply using Mars candy in their products rather than selling something specifically made by Mars.

The original comment was tongue in cheek, but I can't say I'd be overly surprised if it actually did happen.
No, I know. I just find that to be a sponsorship that doesn’t cheapen the product.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom