Magic Kingdom TSRs adding liquor drinks

ToTBellHop

I really don’t see the big deal. People won’t be getting plastered at MK. They can do that at Epcot or Hollywood Studios. I got puked on while waiting for IllumiNations and learned the hard way to avoid Epcot on a Saturday during Food and Wine.

Interestingly, I could pick up interesting wine notes in the…fluid…on me.

Animaniac93-98

What's the red flag? That people like to cool down at the end of (or during) a long hot day with a beer? Or relax with a glass of wine to end a great day? Oh yes, that's awful.

There's nothing stopping people from doing that at home after they get back from the zoo. The poster you quoted is not against that.

I believe the point @Dear Prudence was trying to make is that increasingly every activity you can think of now sells alcohol as if that somehow automatically makes the experience better. Do people need booze to do everything? Can they not go x number of hours without a drink? Companies push it to increase sales, but don't care about the consequences of having tipsy customers.

Adults should be able to drink responsibly without judgement, but it would be weird if you could get a beer at Toys 'R Us.

dreday3

There's nothing stopping people from doing that at home after they get back from the zoo. The poster you quoted is not against that.

I believe the point @Dear Prudence was trying to make is that increasingly every activity you can think of now sells alcohol as if that somehow automatically makes the experience better. Do people need booze to do everything? Can they not go x number of hours without a drink? Companies push it to increase sales, but don't care about the consequences of having tipsy customers.

Adults should be able to drink responsibly without judgement, but it would be weird if you could get a beer at Toys 'R Us.

Well, no, this entire paragraph is automatically judging people who do partake and putting yourself up on a pedestal because you don't.

But experience tells me this argument will go nowhere fast, so we will agree to disagree. :)

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
I honestly hate alcohol in the parks. It's like give me one space on this planet that does not have alcohol or is an alcohol free zone. People are fine to drink it at home or in restaurants or bars, but like, there's even beer served at the zoo now. How is a beer essential to the zoo-going experience and not like.... raising any red flags. :/

*edit: and, granted, "if you don't like it, don't drink it," sure, but I would like at least one space on this planet where I can be away from it.

There is, you can go to the Polynesian Cultural Center in Laie, HI. Its run by The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints and contains no alcohol or caffeine.

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
I really don’t see the big deal. People won’t be getting plastered at MK. They can do that at Epcot or Hollywood Studios. I got puked on while waiting for IllumiNations and learned the hard way to avoid Epcot on a Saturday during Food and Wine.

Interestingly, I could pick up interesting wine notes in the…fluid…on me.

I have seen far more meltdowns on a daily basis in Magic Kingdom than I have in any of the other parks even during Food and Wine.

Dear Prudence

What's the red flag? That people like to cool down at the end of (or during) a long hot day with a beer? Or relax with a glass of wine to end a great day? Oh yes, that's awful.

I'm always amazed at the ways people find things to prop themselves up with while simultaneously putting others down.

They are adding (and it's just a rumor), sugary, watered down cocktails to some dinner menus. That's it. Not putting a shot bar in the middle of Main Street. (although maybe they should add a saloon? or is that just in the old West? 🤔)
Having to have alcohol literally everywhere just sounds like a problem to me.

Did I SAY I thought I was better than the people who drink in these spaces? No. I didn't say it, and I didn't imply it. I just said that it's becoming increasingly more difficult to find spaces that are alcohol-free.

dreday3

Having to have alcohol literally everywhere just sounds like a problem to me.

Did I SAY I thought I was better than the people who drink in these spaces? No. I didn't say it, and I didn't imply it. I just said that it's becoming increasingly more difficult to find spaces that are alcohol-free.

You are the one assuming because a person enjoys a beer at a zoo, they need to have alcohol everywhere.

Not to worry though, it's just 2 additional cocktails at some restaurants.

fgmnt

Yes. For some, its a deeper argument regarding Magic Kingdom. Selling alcohol in MK removes the "magic".
to those people, i’ll say in my opinion, the crush of people exiting the park after the one (1) mediocre nighttime entertainment experience, the endearing counter service slop they still peddle there after getting counter service right on the other parks, and the rampant unplanned downtime and poor show on attractions ruin the magic for me. But i’m quirky like that.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member

I'm always amazed at the ways people find things to prop themselves up with while simultaneously putting others down.

They are adding (and it's just a rumor), sugary, watered down cocktails to some dinner menus. That's it. Not putting a shot bar in the middle of Main Street. (although maybe they should add a saloon? or is that just in the old West? 🤔)

You're either missing the point deliberately to cause an argument or just aren't reading the post.

No one is saying there's a problem if someone wanted to "cool down at the end of a long day" or "relax at the end of a great day" with an adult beverage. That's not what Disney is doing. Disney would, allegedly, be selling alcohol for approximately 10 hours per day at MK. 1pm is not "the end of a long day" in the parks. Not that there would be endless streams of those 21+ years of age indulging to the point of inebriation, but there's a more-than-1-percent-chance some would.

If I choose to partake in a beverage after the parks, why not do it back in my room, where I can have as much or as little as I want, plus I can have what I want and not what Disney tends to serve in the parks? As so many are want to remind everyone - Ride sharing services are available (that's why Disney got rid of ME, remember?), so there's no reason you couldn't use one to go purchase a bottle or multi-pack of your favorite beverage and have it chilling in your room.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom