Magic Kingdom TSRs adding liquor drinks

JohnD

Just... don't buy them if you don't want them.

I'll never understand this mindset where people are offended that something they don't like is even offered.

I understand what you're saying. I don't mind but there is a school of thought that MK shouldn't be offering any alcohol. Starting with beer and wine in the restaurants several years ago opens up a slippery slope. Now, you're seeing the next stage play out. That would be the argument offered.

dreday3

I understand what you're saying. I don't mind but there is a school of thought that MK shouldn't be offering any alcohol. Starting with beer and wine in the restaurants several years ago opens up a slippery slope. Now, you're seeing the next stage play out. That would be the argument offered.

Well, the cat's out of the bag.
The horse has left the gate.
The train left the station.

Too late? :D

CaptainAmerica

It's all so ridiculous.

I get plenty drunk just on wine. 😉
It's hysterical, the stuff people get upset about. They rage about a $45 MagicBand+ because it's stupid, or a $19 margarita because you can get a better margarita at the Mexican restaurant in your home town, and they say it like spending $150 to ride a toy train through a fiberglass mine is a wise and prudent financial investment. Every single thing we discuss on here, including the stuff people claim to love, is a frivolous waste of money. But some frivolous wastes of money are just a step too far to be tolerated for some people.

dreday3

It's hysterical, the stuff people get upset about. They rage about a $45 MagicBand+ because it's stupid, or a $19 margarita because you can get a better margarita at the Mexican restaurant in your home town, and they say it like spending $150 to ride a toy train through a fiberglass mine is a wise and prudent financial investment. Every single thing we discuss on here, including the stuff people claim to love, is a frivolous waste of money. But some frivolous wastes of money are just a step too far to be tolerated for some people.

And the cocktails are just sugar water anyways (they really are bad).
Unless you are having 7 at once at dinner in MK, you'll be fine.

CaptainAmerica

That's plausible, and it's the case that @HauntedPirate is making. I disagree with it, but it's fair.

The people I'm pushing back on are the people upset that this will generate revenue for Disney, and those same arguments are made against MagicBand+, and Genie+, and deluxe resorts, and DVC, &c.

dreday3

That's plausible, and it's the case that @HauntedPirate is making. I disagree with it, but it's fair.

The people I'm pushing back on are the people upset that this will generate revenue for Disney, and those same arguments are made against MagicBand+, and Genie+, and deluxe resorts, and DVC, &c.

But it's really not the case, as proven by Animal Kingdom and DHS. Their table service restaurants/kiosks have had cocktails for years now. No fights that I hear about.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
I actually don't find drink prices all that out of line, to be honest, at least for what I tend to enjoy. Shocking, I know. I pay about the same for something at R&C as I do at many local restaurants. I also know what a fair price is for what I like to enjoy, so if something is out of line, I'll pass. That's also why buying bottles of soda at Walmart and having them in our room is preferable to paying $4.50 for them all the time in the parks. ;) Have one on the way in, and I'm fine until mealtime.

monothingie

Evil will always triumph, because good is dumb.
Premium Member

I'll never understand this mindset where people are offended that something they don't like is even offered.
You’re right! Disney has a total monopoly on booze! $19 is a bargain. It should be $29!

matt9112

Often it’s that WHAT THEY DO WANT isn’t offered. If you go to a dealership and they have a 60k Chevy spark And NOTHING else. Your probably going to be upset. Wait all you have is the worst at this price?

Than you go to another dealership. Just like at disney you go to ano…..oh wait. Hence the whole upset thing. It’s not wrong to ask for more it’s not wrong to ask for a company to be better.

Stop acting like it is.

tanc

maybe unpopular opinion but not a fan of this. The world showcase has drunk buffoons already, sure there's fights already without alcohol. can't imagine walking around MK with a bunch of irresponsible drinkers. now of course, there are people who drink responsibly, but honestly walking around the food and wine festival was one of the least enjoyable things for me. I don't drink admittedly, and I respect people's ability to drink, but I worry about the consequences due to this.

Bocabear

I understand, but they are different beasts. Half (maybe 90%) of those walking around Epcot drinking are there for the booze, not the rides.
The admission cost sort of makes this untenable though...if there are there purely for booze they can go to a million places without spending a $120 cover charge for weak drinks... They are there for the environment and the fun , and yes a few rides...and a few drinks.
I enjoy going to Epcot for a day and having a drink or two in the evening and enjoy all the park has to offer... The notion that people only go to EPCOT for booze is silly. Most theme parks in the world offer booze... adding it to this one park is not going to suddenly make this a colossally bad decision... Bad behavior is witnessed daily in the park, without booze...

TheMaxRebo

Right, there have been a few already. Now toss a couple of drinks into the people paying $10k to be waiting in 90 minute lines all day in 105F heat with their little Princes and Princesses when someone does something they don't like. Sounds like fireworks to me.

I think there are already issues - but from people pre-partying in their rooms, the parking lot, etc. - heck that is often the big issue at EPCOT more than the booths (booths just adding to it)

I just don't see how the offer of some overpriced cocktails, only at table service restaurants is all of a sudden going to result in a ton of hammered people in the parks. If having one or 2 cocktails gets them loaded then they are real lightweights - really don't see people pounding $19 pina coladas until they are ripped happening

TheMaxRebo

maybe unpopular opinion but not a fan of this. The world showcase has drunk buffoons already, sure there's fights already without alcohol. can't imagine walking around MK with a bunch of irresponsible drinkers. now of course, there are people who drink responsibly, but honestly walking around the food and wine festival was one of the least enjoyable things for me. I don't drink admittedly, and I respect people's ability to drink, but I worry about the consequences due to this.

I think the attitude is totally different though - people get "drinking around the world" shirts and stuff. They plan to drink a lot when going to EPCOT.

Though I think the worst people are those that pre-party in the parking lot (seen quite a few empty cases of beer left in the parking lot) so they are 3/4 of the way in the tank before they even enter the park.

I am not saying this is something that *needs* to happen, I just don't think it will drastically change things. Not like people seeing jello shots on main st or something

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom