Magic Kingdom to lose ROA, Riverboat, and TSI for Cars Land

Californian Elitist

Sad that we've come to the point where having  more attractions announced is counted as the short end simply due to the sheer damage they do to their respective parks.
I agree that it’s unfortunate and even ironic. The hodgepodge-iness of what was announced for WDW doesn’t get me excited at all. And in all honesty, same for DCA… Avatar in CALIFORNIA Adventure sure is a head-scratcher. A second upcoming Marvel ride announcement when we’ve barely learned anything about the first one, which has already been changed, is not too exciting either. Coco is the only exception here so far.

I’m happy Disneyland has been spared yet again, although anything can happen here, too. However, it’s quite obvious Disney is way more willing to mess with MK than with DL.

Oh well, nothing we can do to stop the changes. Everyone start getting their visits in and saying their goodbyes now.

Misted Compass

So, what’s the over/under on one of the Villains attractions being the actual thing that takes out motorboat cruise? I’m talking around 2032, you know, after Florida’s version has opened and has had time to exhibit what the fan favorite / operations favorite attraction is?
I'm not sure there's enough space for one of those rides? It would have been more likely if they weren't already going to electrify Autopia since its refurb in 2000 already replaced much of the former motorboat area. Unless they shorten it.

MoonRakerSCM

Playin' around with free tools...

ezgif.com-speed(1).gif

josh2000

In reference to this decision, I am seeing people say online that the Central Florida Tourism Oversight District will not allow Disney to expand the Magic Kingdom outside of it's current footprint. Does anyone know if that is accurate?

MoonRakerSCM

Repost from what I put over on the WDW side of the site-

WELP... lets see what we have here.... per THIS design-
1723525023242.png

1)
This appears to be the entrance into the load/unload building/area. It may or may not be modeled after the Old Faithful Inn at Yellowstone. Judging by the geysers in the image toward Big Thunder, this is likely the inspiration.
1723525413797.jpeg

2) This is the start area (beginning of the ride).

3) This is the area where the vehicles proceed over a bridge and 'plunge' downward swooping counterclockwise underneath the bridge as seen in this released artwork. Note the artwork shows much more open space beyond the bridge vs the overall layout image which suggests the cars head inside a rockwork building underneath the overlying track prior to the bridge-
1723525633469.jpeg

4) Vehicles exit the small (maybe?) showbuilding here.

5) Vehicles seem to proceed to climb up the mountain (on the east side (side facing the ~hub)) and crest to drop down the opposite side (facing Tiana) as seen in this released artwork (right side background). Note from here the path gets lost in the overall layout image... the vehicles could snake into a showbuilding inside the mountain or may just drop down into a path (somewhere between the ?'s possibly going through water as shown in the image below)... who knows.
1723525948211.jpeg

6) The vehicles eventually appear to make it over here. It's unclear what exactly goes on in this version of the attraction if it has bridges (goes above or under walkways to Big Thunder/Tiana). The vehicles do appear to dodge geysers along the way and swoop their way around area B. Could have a neat erupting geyser line chasing the vehicles...

7) The finish line 'end' of the ride as seen in this released artwork. This is where Disney proclaims "everyone is a winner today!" but loser guests will secretly never let it down... they know they suck... and so does everyone else on the winning vehicle...

1723526210548.jpeg

A) This is the entrance path to the ride from the new 'perimeter' path if you will. I assume it's a in/out path as the ride seems to surround the entire central area.

B) This area is interesting... it's a building (I'd think gift shop)... surrounded entirely by the finishing turns of the ride... and there are a bunch of little Guidos seemingly around campfires or something on one side of it... a blue sky concept for a Guido spinner ala Mater's at DCA? Perhaps just character filled artistic filler... hmmm...

1723526646772.png

C) This path heads off into the 'beyond big thunder area'... possibly off to Villainsland with an eventual loop connection to Fantasyland in the distant future I'd guess.

Ne'er-Do-Well Cad

Is it just me or have the vloggers been extra Shilly lately? None of them (except Brayden of course) seem to have a big issue with them getting rid of the ROA. Very out of character for some of them considering the magnitude of this change.

I kid you not, people actually fear that if they admit they ever liked this fake theme park river and riverboat and kids play area, it means they’re “on the wrong side of history.” As if this is one of the critical social justice issues of our time.

They’d rather pretend anthropomorphic 1950s race cars make sense in a “frontier” themed land.

TP2000

Assuming that the Cars ride uses the Test Track ride system, won't it get closed every time there are thunderstorms?

Yes. Or, put another way for Orlando, from April through October every day around 3pm for an hour or two.

So they can't narrow the river a little for a path to Carsland like they did for GE?

No. Walt was dumb and cheap and didn't buy enough land in 1965 for his Florida Project. They've run out of room there.

Country Bears area in Red, Tiana in Blue, Big Thunder in Yellow, Haunted just to the right of Green, and dock in black View attachment 808848

Oh my God, this is so awful all you can do is laugh at them now. 🤣 :rolleyes: 🤣

I love Cars Land at DCA, but the people making these artistic and operational decisions for Florida are idiots. Total idiots. :banghead:

CaptinEO

Yes. Or, put another way for Orlando, from April through October every day around 3pm for an hour or two.

No. Walt was dumb and cheap and didn't buy enough land in 1965 for his Florida Project. They've run out of room there.

Oh my God, this is so awful all you can do is laugh at them now. 🤣 :rolleyes: 🤣

I love Cars Land at DCA, but the people making these artistic and operational decisions for Florida are idiots. Total idiots. :banghead:
FYI this is the rumored ride system for the new Cars ride.

DavidDL

I’m sure our rivers are doomed someday, too. It’s not even the Tom Sawyer, Pirate, Davy Crockett, etc. thing I am upset about potentially losing over here. It’s the ambiance of the river, the island and everything around it that feels so wonderful. When things get crazy during a day in the park, being able to travel to the island with a snack and find a quiet, shaded area to just sit and talk to my wife or friends while listening to the ships go by, people watch from the other side of the river and just take in the sights is truly a wonderful experience.

But those wonderful moments and areas don’t sell Lightning Lanes or merchandise. They only create pesky memories or let children focus a fraction of their minds on something that isn’t the latest Cars Disney+ show or whatever is coming out next. So they must all inevitably be destroyed.

Even if I tried to pretend for a second that I was okay with what they are doing in MK: Ugghhh, Cars. Cars is terrible. But because it apparently sells so much merchandise to little boys, we have to continue to endure this franchise in the parks.

Last edited:

Disney Irish

Premium Member
FYI this is the rumored ride system for the new Cars ride.

Loss of area and such aside, I think this looks kinda cool for a ride system. It has some interesting possibilities for its use. If this is really the ride system I'm intrigued on what they do with it based on the descriptions of the attraction so far.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom