Magic Kingdom Rehab Update 12/28

FLcastmember

Original Poster
Carousel of Progress operates seasonally - WILL BE OPEN DURING ALL PARK HOURS UNTIL ASTRO ORBITER REOPENS THIS SPRING

"it's a small world" closed for refurbishment on Sunday, May 2, 2004 and will reopen MARCH 18th 2005

Timekeeper CLOSES JAN 1st

Dumbo the Flying Elephant will be closed for refurbishment Monday, January 10 through Saturday,February 12, 2005, and re-opens Sunday, February 13, 2005.

Astro Orbiter will be closed for refurbishment Monday, December 20, 2004 throughSaturday,March 12, 2005, and re-opens Sunday, March 13, 2005.

Country Bear Jamboree will be closed to change-out the show from the "Country Bear Christmas Special" to the standard show from Tuesday, January 4, 2005 through Saturday, January 8, 2005, and re-opens Sunday, January 9, 2005.

The Quick Service Restaurant Plaza Pavilion will close for an extended refurbishment on January 5, scheduled to re-open Spring 2005. The location will reopen as the Tomorrowland Terrace Noodle Station serving a mix of Asian fusion cuisine.

Cinderellas Royal Table Jan 17th to Jan 28th

UPCOMING

Castle Hub/CSC/Cinderellabration -Winter 2005, to prepare the area in front of the castle for the new show, a rehab to the area will take place.

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
shopgirl146 said:
Is it closing forever or just going down for refurbishment?? thanks!

I think Timekeeper's time is slowly ticking away.....I have only seen it once, it was ok, but would not be something that I would consider a must see when in the park.

*Andy*

I hope Timekeeper goes, i've seen it twice now and its just boring! And thinking about it, it takes up so much space....with the large que area and the main thing itself...just think of what could be there instead...

cherrynegra

Throw me in the camp that thinks Timekeeper should go. There seems to be an awful lot of room there to put in a terrific attraction. But with Stitch not performing up to expectations, I don't see this happening any time soon.

General Grizz

cherrynegra said:
Throw me in the camp that thinks Timekeeper should go. There seems to be an awful lot of room there to put in a terrific attraction. But with Stitch not performing up to expectations, I don't see this happening any time soon.

I, too, think there is potential for Timekeeper, but I don't think Disney is thinking of a truly great replacement . . .

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
*Andy* said:
And thinking about it, it takes up so much space....with the large que area and the main thing itself...just think of what could be there instead...

Actually, I could think of at least one thing.....a 100 Acre Wood meet and greet so the 20k lagoon could have lived on....

TTATraveler

I personally like Timekeeper and especially Robin Williams, but won't be upset if it goes away, so long as the building is replaced with another attraction. I haven gotten used to Timekeeper being closed. Lets hope the building is not turned into a character meet and greet or gift shop.

*Andy*

The thing is, i dont see how it could be missed. Its hardly ever open and when in Tomorrowland i dont even look at that building as it just feels that nothing is there. Does anyone feel like this?

TTATraveler

*Andy* said:
The thing is, i dont see how it could be missed. Its hardly ever open and when in Tomorrowland i dont even look at that building as it just feels that nothing is there. Does anyone feel like this?
I treat it like Timekeeper doesn't exist. Then when it really is open, it is a treat for me. I don't go into the park looking for it to be open.

Speedbird

Sorry All. But Timekeeper is the ducks nuts. I've seen it countless times in Paris. Problem is that it doesn't translate well across the pond. Maybe a bit too subtle, I don't know. The Robin Williams voiceover adds a bit more but it still beats SGE hands down. Never been more disappointed in an attraction than I was at SGE. Bring back AE - WDW isn't only for kids you know!!

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
General Grizz said:
Timekeeper should be open should SGE go down.
dont tease us.................... ok, ok, i havent ridden the new SGE, but the reviews arent good. i cant say personally.................. i kind of like TK, but i think that new attraction maybe good

wow, the D-ARMY in january, *looking at calender and wallet* i wonder if i have time left to take and the funds to participate. must be good if grizz is posting in his tag-line.

SirNim

Timekeeper, along with the COP, is the last bastion of the "What one can concieve, one can achieve," can-do, positive and inspiring message that is supposed to pervade all Tomorrowland attractions in a lighthearted, optimistic, and entertaining way. It would be a travesty if it closes up for yet another cheap attraction, like bumper cars or meet-n-greets or gift shops or something Pixar-related, or worse yet, if it closes with no replacement at all.

The humor is there. I find it a delightful, rollicking, entertaining show despite the marked absence of seating, and its appeal seems to me at least to be good today. It's an original attraction (though it has a cousin in Paris), based not on a specific film or brand or thrill but on the vision of Tomorrowland. Update it, upgrade it, put in a new show with the optimistic message, wonderful! Don't downgrade it, though.

maelstrom

Out of the three things I was hoping would be open during my visit; Carousel of Progress, Timekeeper, and Country Bears Christmas show; only CoP will be open. That was the most important, but still. TK goes down 3 days before my birthday and 5 days before I arrive in WDW. CBJ goes down on my birthday and reopens while I'm there. And, most importantly, The Land goes down 2 days before my birthday and 4 days before I get to WDW. *sobs uncontrollably*

Miss Bell

I like Timekeeper--Robin Williams is hilarious, and I always think the full circle films are amazing. And, I like the slight historical spin--H.G. Wells & Jules Verne are pretty cool guys to introduce a kid to, especially in Tomorrowland.

Budahman

I give Timekeeper a 6 out of 10. It's s decent attraction, but I have only seen it twice in my past 6 trips. It's always not open when I'm there. My wife enjoys it alot.
I vote for doing something else with the space. How about a new futuristic restaurant (not fast food either) in tomorrowland. :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom