Magic Kingdom Rehab Update 12/28

basas

Yes it is but i still think the location plays a large factor in that. Had the ride been off to the side (aka Horizons) or somewhere a little more hidden, i'm not sure if it would have done as well. (and in case you're wondering, i do like SSE)

JeffH

A Stitch in Time

I hope they make the area in front of the castle a sitting only (or sitting kids only) section with a good view (and enforce it). If you try to sit up front now, you are too close and the front of the stage block the view, so you stand and then everyone behind you who are sitting has to stand and before you know it everyone is standing and the most important audience for the show (the kids) get a good view of adult butts:-(

I've always hated standing, and have always wished that they'd add some sort of seating in the 360 theatres. Unlike Canada and China, TK really doesn't address the 'back' screens very much, so seeing behind you isn't that important.
Nevertheless, I've always thought that TK was a good show and an improvement on the 'simple' 360 theatre concept. It melded perfectedly into the theming of Tomorrowland...a theming that I'd hoped they would continue to develop, by transforming the CoP into a 50's style flying saucer and changing the show inside to reflect a Jules Verne history and future review...living in his time, his view of 50 years later, 100 years and 500 years.

But if TK has to go, then here's a great idea, A Stitch in Time!!! They replace 9eye with a time travelling Stitch who wreaks havok back in time, driving a robot that sounds a lot like Robin Williams crazy with his escapades. Fill the auditorium with benches for the throngs to sit on, and this would present a perfect opportunity for the night-light-toy carts to sell trinkets before and during the show. And at the end of the show, Stitch flys around with a Kodak camera taking pictures of everyone, which you can buy for only $16.99 if you circle around to the Buzz photo store. {Now why can't they sell a small Buzz postcard picture in a little paper frame for about $7.99??? $16.99 for a picture on the Buzz ride is way too much!!!}

Pixie Duster

Ya I saw the concept art and heard the buzz about the Noodle Terrace, I love it, we need something like that in MK. When it comes to MK Quick Service the only place that is not all about the burgers is Columbia Harbor House. It is gonna be nice to have a more upscale quick service location.

General Grizz

JeffH said:
I hope they make the area in front of the castle a sitting only (or sitting kids only) section with a good view (and enforce it). If you try to sit up front now, you are too close and the front of the stage block the view, so you stand and then everyone behind you who are sitting has to stand and before you know it everyone is standing and the most important audience for the show (the kids) get a good view of adult butts:-(

I've always hated standing, and have always wished that they'd add some sort of seating in the 360 theatres. Unlike Canada and China, TK really doesn't address the 'back' screens very much, so seeing behind you isn't that important.
Nevertheless, I've always thought that TK was a good show and an improvement on the 'simple' 360 theatre concept. It melded perfectedly into the theming of Tomorrowland...a theming that I'd hoped they would continue to develop, by transforming the CoP into a 50's style flying saucer and changing the show inside to reflect a Jules Verne history and future review...living in his time, his view of 50 years later, 100 years and 500 years.

But if TK has to go, then here's a great idea, A Stitch in Time!!! They replace 9eye with a time travelling Stitch who wreaks havok back in time, driving a robot that sounds a lot like Robin Williams crazy with his escapades. Fill the auditorium with benches for the throngs to sit on, and this would present a perfect opportunity for the night-light-toy carts to sell trinkets before and during the show. And at the end of the show, Stitch flys around with a Kodak camera taking pictures of everyone, which you can buy for only $16.99 if you circle around to the Buzz photo store. {Now why can't they sell a small Buzz postcard picture in a little paper frame for about $7.99??? $16.99 for a picture on the Buzz ride is way too much!!!}
I AM GOING TO DIE. :D :lol:

Pixie Duster

COProgressFan said:
Just out of curiosity, why do you think the "average guest wants a quick thrill". Do average guests really say that? I highly doubt people go to Disney World to get a quick thrill. I think the average guest gets a quick thrill on newer rides because that is what Disney gives them (for whatever reason, cost, etc.). And sure, people may like the quick thrills but that doesn't mean they wouldn't also love a longer attraction that keeps their attention, is funny, entertaining, has heart, etc.

CoP

Unfortunetely, it has been my experience from the work I do, the fact that I go to WDW on my days off, and that I am earning my education in Tourism, the majority of guests are all about thrills. Not all, mind you, but most. However, as I have said before, Disney parks are supposed to be balanced (something for everyone.

basas

I don't think theres anything wrong with thrill rides as long as their done 'ToT/Splash/Indy at DL' style- i mean..these are some of Disney's best rides. However, part of what makes Disney so good for the family is the large variety of attractions (unlike Six Flags which caters mostly to a thirll audience and some "funland" place which is all about the kids). What makes a good park in my opinion is high quality thrill rides, mixed with high quality shows, family attractions, attractions geared towards younger audiences, and even a meet a greet or carny ride:lol: ..as long as everyone can find attractions they enjoy and theres also attractions everyone can enjoy together.

General Grizz

Thrill rides can be great, but I don't think the Magic Kingdom is the most popular tourism destination on this planet because of Space, Big Thunder, and Splash Mountains.

basas

I think it is a large factor. Alot of people who only have time to visit one theme park visit the MK..why? Because they like the rides and atmosphere at MK the best out of all 4 WDW parks. You'll aslo find alot of these people will say their favorite attraction is Space, Splash, or Thunder. If those three rides wern't there- i don't think the MK would be near as popular.

General Grizz

basas said:
I think it is a large factor. Alot of people who only have time to visit one theme park visit the MK..why? Because they like the rides and atmosphere at MK the best out of all 4 WDW parks. You'll aslo find alot of these people will say their favorite attraction is Space, Splash, or Thunder. If those three rides wern't there- i don't think the MK would be near as popular.
I'd still think it would be #1, though. But it's that balance that you and Pixie described that keeps it #1: VARIETY (singing bears to ghosts to a space mountain to Buzz to a Hall of Presidents) creates something for everyone. :)

Chape19714

basas said:
True but i'd bet a large portion of SSE riders ride simply because its the first thing they see apon entering and therefore they immediately ride...and how many come out wanting to jump back in line again? My guess is not too many (although they might enjoy it).

IMO- thrill rides will almost always do well at any park because a large percentage of visitors simply want a good thrill ride. More in-depth rides can also do as well as long as they're properly done and guests enjoy it (ex: Haunted Mansion, POTC, GMR).

A large portion of SSE riders line up for the attraction, as it is the 1st thing in the park, and it really does a good job of informing the first time visitor of what epcot is really about, an imformative, yet fun, journey through the world and the relms of time, told through the story of man's desire to communicate. BUT: A big reason SSE draws many first time people in is for shere curosity of "what's in the golf ball?" (as it is commonly refered to by many). If you have noticed, a big effort has been made in the past years through signs and such explaining how SSE is a "slow-moving trip through time", and they show the ride vechile right on the sign, no other attraction does that quite like SSE. To comment on your second paragraph, SSE brings back repeat visitors who rode out of question, because it may not be fast or thriling, but it give a clear, comprehensive story on the topic, not to mention shows what EPCOT is really about through the use of classic simplicity (omni-movers, slow moving) mixed with the best in storytelling through new technology (AA's, Lighting, Projection, Sound, and much more). Sorry to ramble on about 1 ride, just though I would throw in my 2 cents for what it's worth.

Anyhow, TK, as yes, I do love it to, has seen it's day of glory, so much can be done with that space. If I had to guess, part of the building will be added to Buzz's Stand-by line (as this is needed) and maybe even some stroller parking, along with a small attraction of some type to give the guests something to do while waiting for a SGE Fastpass, or Buzz Fastpass. BUT PLEASE GOD: PRAY THEY WILL NOT THE MISTAKE THEY MADE AT DISNEYLAND WITH ROCKETRODS!!!!!! Getting rid of the TTC, and moving the station would be terrible. but, if it is closing, Rockettower (AO) is already going down for rehab soon, so it would be soon, if it were to happen.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom