Magic Kingdom ranks as 2nd most favorite amusement park in the U.S. !

JohnyKaz2078

Passive agressive is the preferred tact if you don’t tow the line accoridng to NYSE: DIS

I hope this isn’t gonna be another in a failed attempt to say mine train is a great ride...it is a popular junior coaster. That’s more than fair.

No the Mine Train isn't a great ride. It's a good ride. I don't think that there is any doubt about that.

Fantasmicguy

I agree Islands of Adventure is better, so stop being Disney fanboys for a second and think about it.
Harry Potter, Jurassic Park, Marvel "and Universal will not give up the rights fanboys", great world class roller coasters.
Disney the roller coasters Big Thunder Mountain, Space Mountain maybe better themed but the are also mild.
Jurassic Park is medicore at best is majorly outdated but also doesn't have an attachment to guest like the Disney rides do. You talk about coasters but there's litterally only one open in Islands of Adventures and the one that is coming is a mild family coaster that took the motorcycle idea just to beat Disney before Tron can open. The only two truly great rides are Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey as well as Spider-Man while Magic Kingdom is litterally filled with great attractions. You have Haunted Mansion, Pirates of the Carribean, Peter Pan's Flight, It's a Small World, Carousel of Progress, Jungle Cruise, Buzz Lightyear, Splash Mountain and more. What does Universal have to compare? Barley themed outdated water rides? A fair drop tower? A tea cups rip off? It's not a even a contest. Universal Studios Islands may have the general guest fooled but honestly it's not even contest. Universal has potential and I don't hate it but it's just not on Disney's level and right now it doesn't look like it will be for a long time.
P.S on an unrelated note to any of this but just something I wanted to address that Universal and thier fans say. Universal Studios Resort only has two theme parks and not three. The water park doesn't count. If that was case then we'd say Disney has six theme parks and that's ridiculous.

Disneyhead'71

Jurassic Park is medicore at best is majorly outdated but also doesn't have an attachment to guest like the Disney rides do. You talk about coasters but there's litterally only one open in Islands of Adventures and the one that is coming is a mild family coaster that took the motorcycle idea just to beat Disney before Tron can open. The only two truly great rides are Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey as well as Spider-Man while Magic Kingdom is litterally filled with great attractions. You have Haunted Mansion, Pirates of the Carribean, Peter Pan's Flight, It's a Small World, Carousel of Progress, Jungle Cruise, Buzz Lightyear, Splash Mountain and more. What does Universal have to compare? Barley themed outdated water rides? A fair drop tower? A tea cups rip off? It's not a even a contest. Universal Studios Islands may have the general guest fooled but honestly it's not even contest. Universal has potential and I don't hate it but it's just not on Disney's level and right now it doesn't look like it will be for a long time.
P.S on an unrelated note to any of this but just something I wanted to address that Universal and thier fans say. Universal Studios Resort only has two theme parks and not three. The water park doesn't count. If that was case then we'd say Disney has six theme parks and that's ridiculous.
There is a lot of opinion there, but I'll just start with some facts. The Potter coaster was green lit and put on scheduled 2 years before Disney decided to drop Tron into Tomorrowland. Tron, Rat, and GotG were green lit because of what Uni is about to do. And I believe @marni1971 will back me up on that.

And IMO, Potter will be a much better attraction than Tron.

PS: Universal fans don't say UOR has 3 theme parks and we think it's stupid too.

Last edited:

BlakeW39

Okay I'm going to attempt to unpack this. I would forst state that nobody is being a Magic Kingdom fanboy/girl if they call it a better park. It's their (and my) opinion.

Harry Potter is a land spread across two parks that only has one E ticket in IoA. FJ. Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey is a fantastic ride, and so is The Amazing Adventures of Spider-Man. Other than these, Universal needs to help their rides. Jurassic Park River Adventure is super dated with animatronics needing entire replacements and it is so short. While Jurassic Park is a fantastic concept, it is very dated and not very immersive. All of the other lands, while nice, are not to Disney's standards. Also, Universal doesn't update their rides so they just get worn down so that they can be replaced by a newer IP.

Magic Kingdom has way more to do - and it has a diverse roster of attractions. IoA has like, one dark/slow ride... and it is so dated that they might as well replace it with another screen.

Nothing about Hulk is world class, it's a simple roller coaster. Just because something is more thrilling does not make it better. Ripsaw Falls is more thrilling than Splash Mountain... Splash is much better. Hulk is more thrilling than Big Thunder Mountain Railroad... Thunder is better.

Both the Magic and Animal Kingdom parks are superior to anything Universal the way I see it.

Fantasmicguy

There is a lot of opinion there, but I'll just start with some facts. The Potter coaster was green lit and put on scheduled 2 years before Disney decided to drop Tron into Tomorrowland. Tron, Rat, and GotG were green lit because of what Uni is about to do. And I believe @marni1971 will back me up on that.

PS: Universal fans don't say UOR has 3 theme parks and we think it's stupid too.
I'll give you the Harry Potter thing. It's completely possible that Universal greenlit that first it just didn't look like that from where I'm standing. It's also possible Harry Potter will be the better attraction. I mean it definitely should be Tron is just a copy of Shanghai's old (in comparison)attraction. But I'm certain the ideas behind making Potter definitely came from Tron and it doesn't really help the guys case saying that Islands of Adventure has a world class coasters as in multiple. Also you say Tron, Rat, and Gaurdians are greenlit because of what Universal is about to do? What are they about to do? Is it Nintendo? If that's the case are we sure this was done because of Star Wars? If not please tell me what they are about to do. As for the 3/4 parks thing I've heard quite of Universal fans count Volcano Bay. It's admittedly not that big of deal but I find it weird.

Disneyhead'71

I'll give you the Harry Potter thing. It's completely possible that Universal greenlit that first it just didn't look like that from where I'm standing. It's also possible Harry Potter will be the better attraction. I mean it definitely should be Tron is just a copy of Shanghai's old (in comparison)attraction. But I'm certain the ideas behind making Potter definitely came from Tron and it doesn't really help the guys case saying that Islands of Adventure has a world class coasters as in multiple. Also you say Tron, Rat, and Gaurdians are greenlit because of what Universal is about to do? What are they about to do? Is it Nintendo? If that's the case are we sure this was done because of Star Wars? If not please tell me what they are about to do. As for the 3/4 parks thing I've heard quite of Universal fans count Volcano Bay. It's admittedly not that big of deal but I find it weird.
Universal has 30+ attractions in the works.

seascape

Potter is a replacement but Tron and Rat are new and not replacing anything

flynnibus

Premium Member
These forums are all about opinions. Everyone has his/her own. You should learn to be respectful of others'. If you disagree with me you are completely free to tell me.

Nothing wrong with opinions... or sharing them. But if you can’t separate analysis from your personal opinions... that is a lack of objectivity. And maybe why you can’t figure out why a large sampling of people are not following your line of thinking.

If you thought that post was disrespectful then you REALLY have a problem with objectivity.

flynnibus

Premium Member
Jurassic Park is medicore at best is majorly outdated but also doesn't have an attachment to guest like the Disney rides do. You talk about coasters but there's litterally only one open in Islands of Adventures and the one that is coming is a mild family coaster that took the motorcycle idea just to beat Disney before Tron can open. The only two truly great rides are Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey as well as Spider-Man while Magic Kingdom is litterally filled with great attractions. You have Haunted Mansion, Pirates of the Carribean, Peter Pan's Flight, It's a Small World, Carousel of Progress, Jungle Cruise, Buzz Lightyear, Splash Mountain and more. What does Universal have to compare? Barley themed outdated water rides? A fair drop tower? A tea cups rip off? It's not a even a contest. Universal Studios Islands may have the general guest fooled but honestly it's not even contest.

Man... you must really hate Epcot then huh?

HansGruber

Nothing about Hulk is world class, it's a simple roller coaster. Just because something is more thrilling does not make it better. Ripsaw Falls is more thrilling than Splash Mountain... Splash is much better. Hulk is more thrilling than Big Thunder Mountain Railroad... Thunder is better.

Both the Magic and Animal Kingdom parks are superior to anything Universal the way I see it.

What on earth are you basing this on?

I like Thunder Mountain, it's a classic; but it has nothing on Hulk. The two rides really aren't comparable.

BlakeW39

What on earth are you basing this on?

I like Thunder Mountain, it's a classic; but it has nothing on Hulk. The two rides really aren't comparable.

I'm basing it upon my own perception.

Furthermore, do you imply that The Incedible Hulk is a better ride than Big Thunder Mountain Railroad? And if so, how?

sonoma15

Nothing about Hulk is world class, it's a simple roller coaster.
This is absolutely wrong, it is an amazing old school B&M and one of the only B&M launched coasters in the world (Thunderbird being the other). It also has great theming for a coaster of it's size and blends very well with the rest of MSHI.

kpilcher

Disney fans will tell you CoP is better than Kong.
Well, then call me a Disney fan. And I am quite fond of Universal. Their best efforts can and do rival or beat Disney. When it opened, I though IOA was the most beautifully themed park in terms of fantasy in the US, if not the world. (Still preferred Animal Kingdom overall, though)

BlakeW39

This is absolutely wrong, it is an amazing old school B&M and one of the only B&M launched coasters in the world (Thunderbird being the other). It also has great theming for a coaster of it's size and blends very well with the rest of MSHI.

Jeez, to each their own, but Hulk is one of the blandest rides at either of the Universal parks. It is a genuine thematic eyesore and doesn't fit in with the comic book themed city... like most steel coasters outdoors. I like IoA but Hulk genuinely bothers me. Like the Flight of the Hippogriff. Only Hippo is way less thematically inconsistent.

flynnibus

Premium Member
Jeez, to each their own, but Hulk is one of the blandest rides at either of the Universal parks. It is a genuine thematic eyesore and doesn't fit in with the comic book themed city... like most steel coasters outdoors. I like IoA but Hulk genuinely bothers me. Like the Flight of the Hippogriff. Only Hippo is way less thematically inconsistent.

Instead of focusing on copying someone else's work... why not recognize there is more than one way to success? Stop trying to make every product fit your perception it must be done how Disney did it to be good.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom