Magic Kingdom ranks as 2nd most favorite amusement park in the U.S. !

powderehss

I mean I like Islands of Adventure (for Jurassic Park, Toon Lagoon and Seuss Landing), but... eh.
I bet it's all those geeky Potterhead sheep that made it number one...

I'm sure once Galaxy's Edge opens there's probably gonna be a turnaround.

powderehss

Yeah... that's actually true lol

You know what? Awards and statistics don't really mean jack either. I think it could also be the fact that more people can afford Universal over WDW anyways, knowing how Disney keeps pumping the fares up constantly.

eliza61nyc

Just another example of why the opinions and tastes of the general public aren't to be taken seriously :hilarious:

LOL, translation: I don't agree with it so it must be wrong.

Anyhoo, what I find interesting is that for the most part people outside of these boards view Disney as a theme park. We can get high fallutin all we want and talk about "imagineering" "creativity" and all the other buzz words but in the end most folks view it as a amusement park along the 6 flags genre.
Has anyone done the pigeon forge amusement park?

jgrinstein

I am new in the forums, but I think that Islands of Adventure might have ranked higher because it is generally newer than Magic Kingdom. Their use of technology seems to be better on each ride they make. Judging only the Magic Kingdom, Disney does not have a ride like Spider Man, King Kong or Harry Potter yet. These rides are highly immersive, and even the Seven Dwarfs mine train cannot hold up to the use of technology and innovation that islands of adventure has. Magic Kingdom is my favorite park, but it could use an update on the use of technology to make rides better.
I think, however, that Magic Kingdom is more “magical and nostalgic.” There is real thought in attractions, but it somehow seems to got stuck in trying to make classic rides. The New Fantasyland did not bring new headliner attractions, that was a missed opportunity. The new Tron roller coaster might change the trend, but I hope that they don’t stop there.

wdwfan4ver

I am new in the forums, but I think that Islands of Adventure might have ranked higher because it is generally newer than Magic Kingdom. Their use of technology seems to be better on each ride they make. Judging only the Magic Kingdom, Disney does not have a ride like Spider Man, King Kong or Harry Potter yet. These rides are highly immersive, and even the Seven Dwarfs mine train cannot hold up to the use of technology and innovation that islands of adventure has. Magic Kingdom is my favorite park, but it could use an update on the use of technology to make rides better.
I think, however, that Magic Kingdom is more “magical and nostalgic.” There is real thought in attractions, but it somehow seems to got stuck in trying to make classic rides. The New Fantasyland did not bring new headliner attractions, that was a missed opportunity. The new Tron roller coaster might change the trend, but I hope that they don’t stop there.
MK actually needs to stop at Tron Roller Coaster for new technology rides till the 2030s at this point due to multiple points I'm going to make. I hope you are not talking about getting a rid of Jungle Cruise, Haunted Mansion, It's a Small World, Dumbo. Big Thunder Mountain, Space Mountain, COP, Pirates of the Caribbean and people mover.

MK is supposed start with young kids through adult and Rides like Dumbo are needed for the very young kids. What I mean by young kids is starting to go at WDW at less than a year or start in their toddler years by their parents or the people that take them. The term New ride Technology means you really want to cut down on the amount of attractions kids can go on.

MK's attendance is preventing it from getting a lot of new high tech rides because it has over 20 million guests a year and that is a whole lot more than Islands of Adventure. High tech rides brings lots of attendance, but MK is near the busting point for attendance. What MK actually needs is attractions that are high capacity, but not draw in a new group of people.

Disney actually needs to focus more on AK, Epcot, and DHS for getting crowds out of MK for one day. I know Disney added Pandora, but it is not enough for the park. I know DHS has Star Wars: Galaxies Edge, but DHS does not have enough things for handling the crowds.

While Epcot is getting GOTG and Rat, the park needs a lot more. This is a park that sees its better days attraction wise. but the amount of festivals, food places, and drink places has increased. This is a theme park that I personally think it has or very close to having too many table services.

What is going with Epcot is Disney made screw ups with Future World back in the 1990.s 2000s and this decade like ruining the imagination Pavilion and making Wonders of Life into a seasonal festival and you are dealing with Innoventions also. Test Track was better in its old version. and the new version of Soarin' has its problems. Disney for years only gave World Showcase 2 rides isn't helping matters. Epcot has a lot of expansion plots left right now.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom