Magic Kingdom park-wide buyout on Oct 22

plkkak

One of my clients was there and he said watching executives stumble around drunk in the MK with no kids in sight was both jarring and interesting.

Whippet Mom

Way back in the old days (70's) the local high schools would have grad night at Disneyland & it was closed to all other guests. I also remember the company my mom worked for did a employee night..

thecouch

looks like similar thing at AK next april when im there with it closing at 5pm . so these early close with private party normally me the park is less crowded the rest of the day ?

BigThunderMatt

looks like similar thing at AK next april when im there with it closing at 5pm . so these early close with private party normally me the park is less crowded the rest of the day ?

No, it'll be just as crowded as normal, with an extra long line at Guest Relations full of irate people who apparently couldn't be bothered to check park hours prior to their visit.

GenerationX

I was there for this event. Simply awesome. Very little wait for rides, plentiful "free" food and drink everywhere, and perfect weather.

We were bused in from the Symposium resorts (I was at AKL) to a backstage area next to Splash. We were told by the CM before we got off the bus that we were not allowed to take any pictures of the backstage area. A short walk put us in on stage Frontierland. It was surreal to look over at Splash and Big Thunder with absolutely no one there.

There were temporary food and beverage stations around the park, as well as some standard quick service MK restaurants. The first hour (7-8) was Gartner Exec Program Members only, and the CMs guided us to Tomorrowland. Cosmic Rays was open (I'm a huge Sonny Eclipse fan), and I had dinner there. Only Tomorrowland attractions were open until 8, when the rest of the attendees could enter, and the entire park opened from 8-11.

Outside of the HM queue, the Hitchhiking Ghosts were having their pictures taken with a cool blue mist around them. The Bride was also roaming among the crowd talking to people. I got a picture with her:

IMG_0896.JPG

wiredforflight

Back from Gartner IT Symposium/Xpo. I and 2 other friends attended the Magic Kingdom park-wide buyout on Oct 22. The 2 friends paid $175 each for the 3 hour event, there was 1 extra hour if you where a Gartner Executive Member. Was it worth $175 for 3 hours? Simply put, YES.

The park was busy but the longest we waited for a ride was 15 minuets (Seven Dwarves Mine Train) I was told there where about 12,000-15,000 people or so in attendance.

All rides where open, all quick service restaurants where open with a limited free menu, some shopping was open. Beer, wine, cocktails, sodas, and water where all included. There where tables with beer and wine up and down Main Street and popup portable bars through out the park. Next to the popup bars where also popup food carts with all kinds of food (including salads). I went to Casey's Corner to get a chili dog and was shocked when a foot long showed up lol, I so over ate.

Entertainment wise:
There was at least 2 DJs, one at the castle and one in Frontierland, I am guessing there was one in Tomorrowland but we never got there. Several of the entertainment cast was out including "Jim the Ragtime Pianist". Many meet and greets also where scattered about the park, from Mickey and Minnie, the Seven Dwarves, Woodie Jessie and Bullseye, and several princesses. The full Happily Ever After Fireworks Show ended the night. As everyone exited the park Mickey and Minnie waved and wished us well from the train station.

All in all it was an amazing night. It was also very odd to see men and women in business suits riding rides. (note: most people where in business casual or casual clothing, but some where in suits.)

Attachments

• photo_2019-10-27_12-03-15.jpg
    photo_2019-10-27_12-03-15.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 92
  • photo_2019-10-27_12-03-04.jpg
    photo_2019-10-27_12-03-04.jpg
    142 KB · Views: 68
  • photo_2019-10-27_12-03-02.jpg
    photo_2019-10-27_12-03-02.jpg
    190.6 KB · Views: 80
  • IMG_0717.jpg
    IMG_0717.jpg
    227.3 KB · Views: 103
  • IMG_4737.jpg
    IMG_4737.jpg
    104.4 KB · Views: 75
  • IMG_4738.jpg
    IMG_4738.jpg
    176.7 KB · Views: 72
  • photo_2019-10-27_12-04-47.jpg
    photo_2019-10-27_12-04-47.jpg
    231.3 KB · Views: 71
  • photo_2019-10-27_12-05-01.jpg
    photo_2019-10-27_12-05-01.jpg
    206.8 KB · Views: 78
  • IMG_4734.jpg
    IMG_4734.jpg
    113.6 KB · Views: 83

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom