magic kingdom opening ceremony

bassman02

Original Poster
hey guys.

when i 1st visited wdw i remember there being an openin ceremony at MK.

does this still run?
id love to see it again.

BrerFrog

Yes, it does. And it is a fantastic way to start the day!

I always get excited when they drop the ropes and I try to be the first one to ride SM. :lookaroun

Matt and Kelly

Yes, it does. And it is a fantastic way to start the day!

I always get excited when they drop the ropes and I try to be the first one to ride SM. :lookaroun

Agreed! The opening show is alwyas one of my favorite things to do while at WDW. I too, head to Space first, though I'm not as concerned with being the first rider, but that would be cool!

fireworkz

Yep, still on - have to do it the first day in the parks. The other parks also have good morning ceremonies of various types, AK has "The Adventure Begins" and the Studios does a Movie production themed opening.

fireworkz

How old is the Welcome song that is currently being used and I wonder what they will play when Mickey's Toon Town Fair goes away?

I don't think the song would change, they would just change the script to remove any reference to Mickey and friends coming in by train from ToonTown Fair. They may just say he's coming by train, or by train from somewhere else.

DizneyPryncess

"It's all pure magic....wrapped up in pixie dust!...." :)

I love the opening of the Magic Kingdom! I hope they never change the music or do away with it. Sometimes I watch it on YouTube to get my morning at home started off right, haha.

mickeyjohn

"It's all pure magic....wrapped up in pixie dust!...." :)

I love the opening of the Magic Kingdom! I hope they never change the music or do away with it. Sometimes I watch it on YouTube to get my morning at home started off right, haha.

I thaught I was the only person who did that. As for the song Aren't part of the lyrics "The castle is the entrance way to 7 lands in more? With Mickey's Toon Town Fair going away that leaves us with only 6 lands.

heartodisney

picture.php

YES! We lucked out and was there at MK one morning for "rope drop" and had so much fun! I will try to do this again when we are back for my daughter!

rodserling27

I saw that rope drop ceremony for the first time in my many trips just two years ago...I literally had the biggest smile on my face the hold time and was all welled-up inside, it was the GREATEST way to start a Disney vacation. I knew that 2008 trip would be a good one when, right after the show, Mickey walked by me and high-fived me :-D

heartodisney

I saw that rope drop ceremony for the first time in my many trips just two years ago...I literally had the biggest smile on my face the hold time and was all welled-up inside, it was the GREATEST way to start a Disney vacation. I knew that 2008 trip would be a good one when, right after the show, Mickey walked by me and high-fived me :-D
picture.php
THATS what it is all about, I could only hope that would happen to my daughter! :sohappy:

Man oh man it's the bestest ever ever. They still do it, but only on certain days. You need to ask the conceirge or front desk of your Hotel or if you are at the MK one day go to guest services in the front of the park on Main Street and ask one of the cast members, get there early and you will love it. I taped the whole thing last time on my phone and I watch it and get the chills each time.
If you have children they are going to be so excited. :)
Enjoy ....... and have a Magical Day Now :sohappy::wave:

Chrononymous

I saw it for the very first time on my last trip.

It had me bawling like a baby.

Totally embarassed, I glanced over at my Mom, only to see that she was doing the same thing.

happymom52003

I saw it for the very first time on my last trip.

It had me bawling like a baby.

Totally embarassed, I glanced over at my Mom, only to see that she was doing the same thing.

I've seen it countless times and i STILL cry like a baby every time!
I even cry when I watch it on you tube....lol.

mickeyjohn

I have never seen this live. Thanks to you tube I have seen it several times from a far. Back in August I told my neighbor who I went with this was a have to see thing for me. So she said o k and we were off at 7 30. Every thing was going very well for about 5 or 10 minnits or so. Wow things can chainge quickly. We went to grab brekfast and I learned that my credit card didn't work. So after making a few phone calls I was told I had to head to the bank. The bank opens at 9o clock so while every one was being welcomd to the M K I was fighting about a credit card that didn't work when it should of. Oh wel made it there at around 1015. Guess not all was lost. Wood of put smielys in this message but am not sure how. Feel free to cend me a message if you can explain how. Have a magical day.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom