magic kingdom opening ceremony

bassman02

Original Poster
thats awesome,i didnt know there was a welcome ceremony at all the parks.
im gonna be up early everyday.:lol:

what time do they usually start?

Eeyore

Mrs. WDWMAGIC [Assistant Administrator]
Premium Member
thats awesome,i didnt know there was a welcome ceremony at all the parks.
im gonna be up early everyday.:lol:

what time do they usually start?

The show starts about 15 minutes before opening daily. There is an abbreviated show without the train on EMH mornings about 15 minutes before the start of EMH but no show at 8:45 for regular opening on those days.

Wilson-uk

we had won a competition and was in the park early for a press shoot.

Part of the press shoot was to attend the opening ceremony and once that was over we was asked to be the guest family in the afternoon parade as well.

It was part of our itinerary so im not sure how you get picked or apply for it!

happymom52003

How did you get to be part of it? Was there something special or someplace special you had to go to or do?

Most days a CM randomly picks a family (or a couple....you don't have to have kids to do it) who are waiting at the gates. We were able to do it a couple of years ago. You have to be there pretty early...I am not sure what time they normally choose the family, but when we did it we were there early for an early breakfast adr at CRT...I think we arrived at the gates at least an hour before park opening. My son actually asked a cast member about it....he did not come right out and ask if we could do it, but he asked if the family that helps Mickey open the park had been picked yet. However, I know of several people who have asked and they were not chosen....I guess we just got lucky. It was pretty awesome...the most magical experience at Disney that we've ever had. I hope you get the chance to do it someday!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom