Magic Kingdom No Longer to be Dry

flynnibus

Premium Member
It's gotta be part of their strategy of placing BoG as an upscale location. I'd imagine they'd continue to use that differentiation for a bit.

The 'must be consumed on premise' is nothing special and is how most restaurant ABC licenses are anyways. Need different types of licenses for outdoor vending and where things are consumed.

I think alcohol at the dinner table (or lunch table) is fine, even if it's the MK.

NEL

I for one am very disappointed that current management is willing to break tradition and start serving alcohol in the Magic Kingdom. This tradition is in place for a reason; this park is suppose to be a magical place for children and their families and should be protected from possible issues related to alcohol consumption. There are 3 other theme parks, 2 water parks, and many other restaurants throughout property that serve alcohol for those interested. Magic Kingdom is a place of Magic for children and families not a place for alcoholic consumption. I hope this is not a trial round used to start more alcoholic sales around the park, I hope this is not a veil attempt to get more revenue while sacrificing what Magic Kingdom stands for, and more importantly I hope management sees this as an ill conceived idea and leaves Magic Kingdom as a kid friendly alcohol free theme park.

Fantasmic

How is it different? You can't take it out of the club and you can't take your beer or wine (which, by the way, barely qualify as alcohol) out of Be Our Guest. It's not IN Magic Kingdom. It's in A restauraunt which happens to be located WITHIN Magic Kigdom.

It's different, because, in Disneyland it's not available to the general "masses" if you see what I mean- Club 33 is a private, exclusive experience. An added "extra" which, on the whole isn't very well known and is incredibly upper class.

I don't know how to multi-quote, but Disneyland Paris is NOT the Magic Kingdom, never is and never will be, they changed and moulded a lot of things to make it Euro-centric (if they had built in the UK however...)

I personally don't like it one bit, of course if someone is gonna get totally tanked in the MK they're gonna find a way to do it, smuggling absinthe in or whatever, I just don't like the premise of it, as it seems to me that it will open the doors to alcohol being served all over the Magic Kingdom. I think a... unfathomable thing is that you CAN'T buy alcohol in the MK, it keeps is "pure" and preserves some magic (in my eyes at least)

Just to add - I'm not some kind of tee-total maniac!

captainkidd

I guess I'm alone in being disgusted by this. I like to have a drink as much as anyone, but this isn't something I want in the Magic Kingdom. As for people saying there won't be any drunks floating around the park, have you ever been to Epcot?

Whatever. It's just a matter of time now until they're serving beer at all stands and quick service restaurants in the park as well.

Mawg

I for one am very disappointed that current management is willing to break tradition and start serving alcohol in the Magic Kingdom. This tradition is in place for a reason; this park is suppose to be a magical place for children and their families and should be protected from possible issues related to alcohol consumption. There are 3 other theme parks, 2 water parks, and many other restaurants throughout property that serve alcohol for those interested. Magic Kingdom is a place of Magic for children and families not a place for alcoholic consumption. I hope this is not a trial round used to start more alcoholic sales around the park, I hope this is not a veil attempt to get more revenue while sacrificing what Magic Kingdom stands for, and more importantly I hope management sees this as an ill conceived idea and leaves Magic Kingdom as a kid friendly alcohol free theme park.

This argument was given with the new Meet and Greet with Belle, people were upset that the attraction was not built for everyone in mind. And now this post is saying that the Magic Kingdom is only for children and families. However, I saw another thread about a survey that showed that more than 50% of people in the 20 to 40 age range come without kids. Maybe Disney feels if they want to increase attendance further they need to market towards a larger audience. I don't have a problem with alcohol in the parks given that they have done a very good job in the other 3 parks.

captainkidd

This argument was given with the new Meet and Greet with Belle, people were upset that the attraction was not built for everyone in mind. And now this post is saying that the Magic Kingdom is only for children and families. However, I saw another thread about a survey that showed that more than 50% of people in the 20 to 40 age range come without kids. Maybe Disney feels if they want to increase attendance further they need to market towards a larger audience. I don't have a problem with alcohol in the parks given that they have done a very good job in the other 3 parks.

The other parks aren't the Magic Kingdom.

wdwfan22

Well said!! I think it's about time they decide to allow alcohol sales in the restaurants, and see no problem with it being offered park wide. The Magic Kingdom is for the young and young at heart, not just families with children.

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
Silliness abounds.

If this is confined to sit down dining then there really is not going to be an issue of public drunkenness. At least no more so then there is already. There are dozens of places to get rip roaring drunk within 5 minutes of MK. Those who wish to get noticeably wasted, are doing so regardless of BoG serving $50 bottles of wine.

flynnibus

Premium Member

Considering all the kids that goto MK.. managed to survive the gauntlet of visiting those other parks.. I think the concerns about harming the kids or family atmosphere are exaggerated to say the least. When was the last time you heard some kid saying he didn't like DHS 'because there was a BAR THERE!! zOMG someone had a drink at lunch and it ruined my day'.

Just about every major chain sit down dinner restaurant in the country serves alchohol.. I don't think the kids have been ruined from that.. and they won't be any different at BoG and the MK either.

captainkidd

Considering all the kids that goto MK.. managed to survive the gauntlet of visiting those other parks.. I think the concerns about harming the kids or family atmosphere are exaggerated to say the least. When was the last time you heard some kid saying he didn't like DHS 'because there was a BAR THERE!! zOMG someone had a drink at lunch and it ruined my day'.

Just about every major chain sit down dinner restaurant in the country serves alchohol.. I don't think the kids have been ruined from that.. and they won't be any different at BoG and the MK either.

That's not the point. The Magic Kingdom is different.

NEL

Well, first I want to point out that the word "only" is no where to be seen in my post. You used that word not me. Second I think its absurd to think that the Magic Kingdom was not built with children and families in mind. They are 3 other theme parks, 2 water parks, and many other locations throughout the resot where alcohol is served. There is no need to break tradition and risk the complications that alcohol consumption may bring. I just see no need to make this substantial change in policy/tradition. I really hope this is not a trial run to expand sales even further. I really hope they change their mind and not serve alcohol.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom