Magic Kingdom going FP+ only on 1/14/14

spacemountain89

The confusion is how they are able to have access. Yes, everyone who enters the park has access to FP+ via the kiosk. The difference is that Cm's and their guest do not have access by MB. Again, CM's and their guest do not have MB's therefore can not preplan ( reserve) attractions.

edit: no matter if they are staying on property or not.
they are treated as day guests. same day access to fp+ via kiosks.

Redhawk

True, though I'm shocked that after so many years, there's people who've not actually understood how to use the FP dispensers. I still see people who show up to rides with FP tickets that say "This is not a valid FASTPASS" and then are surprised when they are turned away.
Speaking of people still not knowing how to use FastPass, tonight in the Magic Kingdom I saw people standing in a long standby line (35 minutes or more) for the Buzz Lightyear ride when the FP machines mere steps away were giving fast passes with return times that began in ~20 minutes. The folks in line could have gotten a pass , rode something else (TTA for example), then come back and walked right onto the ride, and even grabbed another FP on their way in!

A lot of visitors don't plan much in advance and don't ask many questions when they get into the parks. I think it will take quite a while for the majority of guests to learn to use FP+ in advance, so maybe we don't have to worry too much about good FP times disappearing 60 days out and that sort of thing.

I've been staying at the Swan and spent the past three days in the Parks using FP+. I had no trouble arriving 2 to 3 hours after opening time and getting great times on my 3 FP+. On the plus side it's easy and I loved not having to rush all over the park collecting paper passes, but the negative is that only having three FP a dayand being limited to one park per day is just not enough.

In the Magic Kingdom the fast passes were not tiered so I could choose three E ticket rides unlike in Hollywood Studios. I hope that Disney chooses to drop the "tiering" of FP+.

Last edited:

disney4life2008

Rats! This would occur during my trip. Luckily i have secured my fp+ reservations and will use emh thst morning on the 17. I hate lines so i will say if i wait for hm, small world, cop, btmr more than i have typically waited in January i will be livid.

rct247

Yes, I can also confirm this. Magic Kingdom FP+ only roll out is next week, probably on January 14, 2014. There will be LOTS of mobile kiosks going up all over the park when it starts with lots of temporary queues set up too. Stitch seems to be the primary kiosk location at Magic Kingdom due to it's central location and number of kiosks available. I've also heard that Buzz Lightyear is set to be the first attraction to have it's legacy machines completely removed with construction walls also going up next week.

Cast members will also have access to the kiosks. You don't have to have a MDX account to use the kiosks. Just like the Animal Kingdom test though, only Disney Resort/MagicBand Guests can use MDX. All day off guests, pass holders, and cast members have to use kiosks to plan and make changes.

disney4life2008

Yes, I can also confirm this. Magic Kingdom FP+ only roll out is next week, probably on January 14, 2014. There will be LOTS of mobile kiosks going up all over the park when it starts with lots of temporary queues set up too. Stitch seems to be the primary kiosk location at Magic Kingdom due to it's central location and number of kiosks available. I've also heard that Buzz Lightyear is set to be the first attraction to have it's legacy machines completely removed with construction walls also going up next week.

Cast members will also have access to the kiosks. You don't have to have a MDX account to use the kiosks. Just like the Animal Kingdom test though, only Disney Resort/MagicBand Guests can use MDX. All day off guests, pass holders, and cast members have to use kiosks to plan and make changes.

Well my day in the Mk will either be great or bad.

Jakester

Hmm.. Planned a day at MK that specific day too. My day just got a whole lot different. Either the ship successfully sails or miserablely fails.

disney4life2008

Hmm.. Planned a day at MK that specific day too. My day just got a whole lot different. Either the ship successfully sails or miserablely fails.

I agree. I will in MK that evening of the 14th. In a traditional January at this time I have been able to do all mountains as well as at least a good majority of the low wait attractions in about 3 hours if this is no longer possible I will be livid.

jlsHouston

Except for technical problems and deferred features, the initial rollout of MyMagic+ is really close to being complete.

It's a good time to switchover to FP+ at WDW's other 3 parks.

With light to moderate crowds, the FP+ kiosks at MK should work just fine.

You are probably right..I'm worried about this summer...

disney4life2008

You are probably right..I'm worried about this summer...

I think overall this summer will be fine. Leave it to those on here, the roll out has been seamless and everyone loves it. It impacts people like me who has been to MK on July 4th and the other parks during that week and heavily used FP and was able to do all attractions twice or more thanks to the old system. With FP+ on July 4th I can only ride 3 attractions with little wait while the others are guarentted to be 30 or more minutes. This is rotten

Yensid71

Disneymom201- I too have a Cast Member friend and when I was down for the day in December she signed me in with her Main Gate. The way it worked was that each Cast Member have been issued three RFID tickets that have been tagged to the Cast Members ID. The Cast Member scans in there ID and then you use the RFID tickets that they were issued to enter that park. They Cast Member must go in first in order to activate the tickets that you will use to enter the park, otherwise when you go to scan the ticket the Mickey head will turn blue.

Unlike before you will not be issued a paper ticket that you can keep, the ticket must be returned to the Cast Member otherwise it will cost them (I believe) $30 to have new tickets issued.

I did not use FP+ but would think that since the paper tickets have an RFID chip in them you can go to a FP+ kiosk and book day of FP+.

Sucks that as far as I know you can not book FP+ in advance even if you are staying on property. Lets hope there is a solution to this problem.

Tom

Beta Return
Disneymom201- I too have a Cast Member friend and when I was down for the day in December she signed me in with her Main Gate. The way it worked was that each Cast Member have been issued three RFID tickets that have been tagged to the Cast Members ID. The Cast Member scans in there ID and then you use the RFID tickets that they were issued to enter that park. They Cast Member must go in first in order to activate the tickets that you will use to enter the park, otherwise when you go to scan the ticket the Mickey head will turn blue.

Unlike before you will not be issued a paper ticket that you can keep, the ticket must be returned to the Cast Member otherwise it will cost them (I believe) $30 to have new tickets issued.

I did not use FP+ but would think that since the paper tickets have an RFID chip in them you can go to a FP+ kiosk and book day of FP+.

Sucks that as far as I know you can not book FP+ in advance even if you are staying on property. Lets hope there is a solution to this problem.

Can you imagine if they allowed every CM and comp ticket to have reservation privileges? Without a resort reservation, there's no way to control how far in advance they could be reserved, and thus, guests would not have access to the full allocation.

ParentsOf4

I agree. I will in MK that evening of the 14th. In a traditional January at this time I have been able to do all mountains as well as at least a good majority of the low wait attractions in about 3 hours if this is no longer possible I will be livid.
For the corresponding Tuesday in 2013, touringplans.com reported MK's crowd level as 1 out of 10. They reported Standby lines of 36 minutes for Peter Pan and 17 minutes for Space Mountain, two of the longest waits.

This year, touringplans.com is projecting a 5 out of 10 with longer waits. Not sure why since the Marathon proceeded the weekend before in both 2013 and 2014.

Since FP+ does not add people, it shouldn't increase lines overall, just change who is standing is what line.

Onsite guests will have first access but are limited to 3 selections. Crowds should be light and even offsite guests should be able to get 3 good FP+ selections that day.

Please let us know your experience. Since you intend on arriving at MK in the evening, you experience selecting FP+ will be particularly interesting.

I think lots will be interested in reading your post on what the first day of "FP+ only" was like at MK. :)

jlsHouston

I think overall this summer will be fine. Leave it to those on here, the roll out has been seamless and everyone loves it. It impacts people like me who has been to MK on July 4th and the other parks during that week and heavily used FP and was able to do all attractions twice or more thanks to the old system. With FP+ on July 4th I can only ride 3 attractions with little wait while the others are guarentted to be 30 or more minutes. This is rotten

Uh huh...I probably personally myself never did more than 3FP's a day, but they might be 2 at one park and 1 at another....so I already didn't like the new system back in November but at least I could grab a paper FP then. My daughter though, she could do 6-9 FP's a day touring a park(s) and she was double dipping in November and talking about how she sure hoped they kept the FP kiosks at least another year....

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom