Magic Kingdom getting a mixed light parade? I trust this source?

THEMEPARKPIONEER

Original Poster
At first to my worse fear thought I saw PTN coming but seems like Disney World is getting parts of different night parades. Also leaves me to expect that we’ll once again see baroque hoedown and many tracks from Tokyo Disneyland electrical parade if there’s no new score and if this source is correct. I’d expect where getting Magic Kingdoms electrical parade with additions and upgrades. Hoping for a remake Spectromagic or something like it but highly doubt it. At the least I’d expect the good old universal baroque hoedown and some new synth music thrown in. If the Spectromagic finally is still around i wouldn’t be surprised if it’s a small world made it into the loop.

Last edited:

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
At first to my worse fear thought I saw PTN coming but seems like Disney World is getting parts of different night parades. Also leaves me to expect that we’ll once again see baroque hoedown and many tracks from Tokyo Disneyland electrical parade if there’s no new score and if this source is correct. I’d expect where getting Magic Kingdoms electrical parade with additions and upgrades. Hoping for a remake Spectromagic or something like it but highly doubt it. At the least I’d expect the good old universal baroque hoedown and some new synth music thrown in. If the Spectromagic finally is still around i wouldn’t be surprised if it’s a small world made it into the loop.

Well, that source has an 87% accuracy rate. He rated it himself and it says so in his profile on that site, so it must be true.

(end dripping sarcasm)

Spectromagic is dead. There has been no mention of a nighttime parade coming soon from trusted insiders around here, so I will go with what they are saying.

THEMEPARKPIONEER

Original Poster
At the most maybe MSEP is coming back and they took it for another run before Disney Workd hogged it up again, who knows. I would like to see a light parade whatever it is, the parks not the same without it. I never heard anything about that site before which is why I took that straight to here.

brb1006

At the most maybe MSEP is coming back and they took it for another run before Disney Workd hogged it up again, who knows. I would like to see a light parade whatever it is, the parks not the same without it. I never heard anything about that site before which is why I took that straight to here.
MSEP is almost 50 years old at this point, it deserves to stay at DL and not make another cross country trip back to Orlando.

DoleWhipDrea

A lot of people love to hate on WDWPro here, and I think it gets a little extreme sometimes. I understand not really liking someone, but they still put themselves out there to share what insider info they have. Before they started writing articles for that other website, they were just openly trying to share what information they had here. They had nothing to gain, they just wanted to share.

I don't think it's impossible for this to happen for the 50th. I've felt that Disney has kept a lot to the chest just due to the nature of trying to recover from the state of the world and not being certain of how things will be a few months from now. But in just the past few days, a lot has changed. Just tonight, after a good portion of CMs had already gone home for the day, it was announced that guests in the parks would be able to go maskless while outdoors at the parks. From what other insiders are saying, we'll have fireworks in Magic Kingdom and the return of a nighttime show in EPCOT this summer. I don't think this is completely far-fetched. Obviously a brand new parade without reusing old floats would be better, but in general I would just like to see a light parade again, and people love nostalgia.

I am curious what the other insiders here have heard.

champdisney

A lot of people love to hate on WDWPro here, and I think it gets a little extreme sometimes. I understand not really liking someone, but they still put themselves out there to share what insider info they have. Before they started writing articles for that other website, they were just openly trying to share what information they had here. They had nothing to gain, they just wanted to share.

I don't think it's impossible for this to happen for the 50th. I've felt that Disney has kept a lot to the chest just due to the nature of trying to recover from the state of the world and not being certain of how things will be a few months from now. But in just the past few days, a lot has changed. Just tonight, after a good portion of CMs had already gone home for the day, it was announced that guests in the parks would be able to go maskless while outdoors at the parks. From what other insiders are saying, we'll have fireworks in Magic Kingdom and the return of a nighttime show in EPCOT this summer. I don't think this is completely far-fetched. Obviously a brand new parade without reusing old floats would be better, but in general I would just like to see a light parade again, and people love nostalgia.

I am curious what the other insiders here have heard.
Some folks here just like to throw shade towards outside sources that are not affiliated to this forum. It’s true. We have reliable sources on here and even then there’s times where even they missed the mark. It’ll be interesting to see if there’s any truth to this. You touched upon a lot of factual points, so it will most definitely make sense if by chance WDW is working on bringing a light show parade back to Magic Kingdom.

nickys

Premium Member
He had everything to gain in promoting his other site.

And the reason people react the way they do is that he took what our insiders had already said in existing threads and then created a new thread and claimed the information as his own.

He only ever credited them after he’d been called out by them, whereupon he then tried the tactic of using them to confirm his “news”. Even if he was shown proof of where they had already posted it, he would grudgingly apologise, but still included that news is his own success rating .

He is no better than The Unscrupulous One from the site that shall not be named. Except that Pro has the added distinction of trying to use this site as “proof” of his so-called insider status on his own site.

Heppenheimer

He had everything to gain in promoting his other site.

And the reason people react the way they do is that he took what our insiders had already said in existing threads and then created a new thread and claimed the information as his own.

He only ever credited them after he’d been called out by them, whereupon he then tried the tactic of using them to confirm his “news”. Even if he was shown proof of where they had already posted it, he would grudgingly apologise, but still included that news is his own success rating .

He is no better than The Unscrupulous One from the site that shall not be named. Except that Pro has the added distinction of trying to use this site as “proof” of his so-called insider status on his own site.
For those of us not in the know, can you give some hints on the identity of The Site That Shall Not Be Named? I come across this frequently and have no idea what or who it references. And what are some examples of Unscrupulous behavior?

Also, I never experienced Paint the Night. Was it really that bad or just inferior to SpectroMagic and the Main Street Electrical Parade?

I wouldn't mind a return of Baroque Hoedown in any form. I'm a 44 year old adult, but I would get embarrassingly giddy if I heard it in a Disney park again. The effect would be like that scene in Ratatouille where they serve Ego the titular dish.

doctornick

Also, I never experienced Paint the Night. Was it really that bad or just inferior to SpectroMagic and the Main Street Electrical Parade?

Opinions vary. I find the common complaint to be that it doesn’t “fit” with the old time of Main Street and a castle park in general than it being a bad parade. Personally I really enjoyed PTN when I saw it in DL and would gladly see it run at MK - certainly better than seeing MSEP again (as much as I have fondness for it). I don’t have a problem with the parade being Pixar heavy.

I’m not a big fan of Spectro though - I think the music is inferior to Baroque Hoedown and that the figures were kinda creepy.

TTA94

Just my thinking on this, even if there is any truth to some type of light parade in the works, I doubt any reliable insider is going to be able to discuss it. Also we need to get parades back in general first and so far there has been no talks on FoF coming back.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom