Magic Kingdom getting a mixed light parade? I trust this source?

Squishy

Main Street leading up to fireworks is a mess. I agree adding a nighttime parade would be a logistical nightmare. As much as I'd like to see a nighttime parade return to MK, I just don't see it happening. Can we get a nighttime parade at Hollywood Studios????
DHS would be a bigger traffic mess with tighter paths & too short of a parade route. MK can handle a nighttime parade fine as it has for the past few decades. Not to mention BTY & MOUACTP during party nights run on a similar timetable that Wishes & MSEP used to run with stage shows in between.

Last edited:

brb1006

Main Street leading up to fireworks is a mess. I agree adding a nighttime parade would be a logistical nightmare. As much as I'd like to see a nighttime parade return to MK, I just don't see it happening. Can we get a nighttime parade at Hollywood Studios????
Nope, the parade route is too short.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
You mean a park that’s small, a mess, disjointed and has too many people for a limited slate of rides?

doctornick

Nope, the parade route is too short.
DHS really would benefit from a daytime parade instead. There’s already decent large scale night entertainment there but a mid day parade would help expand the offerings in an additive manner. And they already have the parade building.

Can’t they just build a float or two and add them to one of the old Pixar parades around (have they been trashed or do they still exist?) and put a new parade in DHS?

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
DHS really would benefit from a daytime parade instead. There’s already decent large scale night entertainment there but a mid day parade would help expand the offerings in an additive manner. And they already have the parade building.

Can’t they just build a float or two and add them to one of the old Pixar parades around (have they been trashed or do they still exist?) and put a new parade in DHS?
DHS has done cavalcades, even up to recently.

They had the First Order Review, and the debacle of the moving stage for a Star Wars fashion show.

TTA94

Theres no reason they can’t run a parade as they used to. They just need the extra cast to do it and for crowd control. It’s all about the costs and interest in doing it.

Prince-1

Talk about resurrecting a zombie thread.

Since the original post references a story I covered, here's some additional info on the subject:
The plan prior to the pandemic was to make a parade for the 50th that would incorporate floats, performances and music from a multitude of Disney parades. This was confirmed to me by a third party vendor specializing in niche areas that Disney (and others) use when designing/refurbishing floats. Enough time has passed that it no longer threatens that individual's career to give that sort of information. A second source worked on Disney's themed components like what you find in their hotels / attractions and had seen bid requests that gave away what was happening.

Ultimately the parade was cancelled due to the pandemic. Even if Disney could have gotten the floats and refurbishments in place, there were concerns that staffing issues meant it simply couldn't be brought to an acceptable show quality. It's a real shame as it could have been a great spectacle.

Have fun, I'll check back in a few months from now. ;)

So does this lower your 87.83749% accuracy rate? I figured you must have it calculated to the hundred thousandth place value.

Animaniac93-98

You can remove Fantasmic from the equation; it only serves to show that DL can run multiple nighttime shows successfully. Obvious MK doesn't have Fantasmic, but they ran MSEP with Wishes from 2010-2016. People watch the parade, and then they either go do something else or they fill in for fireworks viewing after. It works just fine and helps spread out crowds.

MK runs 2 night parades, fireworks and multiple castle stage shows during Halloween and Christmas parties.

They could do this more often, but prefer it if people are paying extra for such an evening line up.

TTA94

If Hong Kong isn’t going to use their set of PTN floats, which there’s been no mention of it returning, then they should just send those floats off to WDW, modify them, add to it or whatever. Keep Disneylands two nighttime parades out west. Perfect scenario, other than WDW deserving a more elaborate parade. But it’s something.

THEMEPARKPIONEER

Original Poster
If Hong Kong isn’t going to use their set of PTN floats, which there’s been no mention of it returning, then they should just send those floats off to WDW, modify them, add to it or whatever. Keep Disneylands two nighttime parades out west. Perfect scenario, other than WDW deserving a more elaborate parade. But it’s something.
🤮

OwlHouseKing97

In the Parks
No
They had a generic Mickey and friends cavalcade before the 50th cavalcade, I believe. Most likely they would just return that.

Me, personally, I would rather they stop the cavalcade and divert the people and resources somewhere else. I understand they're probably being used other places between cavalcades, but it still seems like a massive waste of resources.
Hope they can get rid of that Good Time song from this, if it does actually return to the party time theme, because it was never meant to be a long-term song to be heard for years to come, it was only intended for the timeline of Mickey's 90th Birthday, which has long since been over, they should use the Party Up theme from the old MiSiDnPi, because at least it can be used anytime even if it's been overplayed more

THEMEPARKPIONEER

Original Poster
This if they ever decide to send MSEP back to MK lol. Unless there’s changes involved. It would be pretty awesome if any Spectro floats still existed and were mixed in with MSEP.
During the Millennium Celebration they used the Spectro dragon flies, butterfly’s and finalize costumes

TTA94

For fun I was thinking what if MK got a similar upbeat nighttime parade like Paint The Night and reused the post show song from Shanghai Disneylands nighttime show Illuminate?
Someone elsewhere had said Disney pulled the post show English version of the main theme shortly after Illuminates debut due to a possible intent to reuse it for something else.

For those that are not aware of said song:

FutureCEO

For fun I was thinking what if MK got a similar upbeat nighttime parade like Paint The Night and reused the post show song from Shanghai Disneylands nighttime show Illuminate?
Someone elsewhere had said Disney pulled the post show English version of the main theme shortly after Illuminates debut due to a possible intent to reuse it for something else.

For those that are not aware of said song:

Over techno new age horse manure

TTA94

Over techno new age horse manure

I know it’s definitely not everyone’s cup of tea. Orchestral music such as in SpectroMagic is something many WDW fans would prefer. I’m not convinced we’ll ever hear that type of music again in a nighttime parade If there ever is a new nighttime parade.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom