News Magic Kingdom Fireworks Dessert Party price increases coming soon

drizgirl

Yeah, I don't get it. Who pays for these things? If the deserts are anything like what they serve at private / corporate events, blegh. You're better off watching the fireworks for free and then hitting the buffet at Boma.
People aren't doing it for the desserts. They are doing it for a slightly less than sardine like experience watching the fireworks.

durangojim

We did the Ever After dessert party last month and basically it was just because that was the first time we saw this fireworks show and didn't want to have the hastle of crowds. Seeing them from the plaza and being able to sit was great. The deserts were meh and we decided it's not something we would do again. I think having the food after the fireworks makes more sense though.

CaptainAmerica

It's similar to asking why someone would pay $150+ to watch an NFL game in person when they could watch it at home.
Not really. It's more like asking why someone would trade good seats in an NFL stadium for some crappier seats off in the corner of the NFL stadium and pay extra for the privilege of having a worse view.

Brad Bishop

Yep. 400% more Magic™.

We may all grumble at the amount changing or even charging for it but, you have to hand it to Disney on some level: They figured out how to get people to pay to look up.

I know - it's a premium spot and all that but it's pretty incredible to see, "Oh, you want to look up to see the fireworks? That'll be $360 for your family of 6."

Not knocking those who paid it. Do whatever you want with your money and obviously Disney was right on this one. It just kind of amazes me.

DznyRktekt

Not really. It's more like asking why someone would trade good seats in an NFL stadium for some crappier seats off in the corner of the NFL stadium and pay extra for the privilege of having a worse view.
The plaza garden area is a worse view for six people to watch the show then where?

CaptainAmerica

The plaza garden area is a worse view for six people to watch the show then where?
The plaza garden is quite good if you can work your way to the front left. But Tomorrowland Terrace is terrible. It's a poor angle and the roof is an obstruction unless you're right on the rail. The show was designed to be viewed front-and-center. It's the same reason I think the California Grill is wildly overrated. It's neat to be on that roof but the fireworks aren't meant to be watched from that angle.

drizgirl

The plaza garden is quite good if you can work your way to the front left. But Tomorrowland Terrace is terrible. It's a poor angle and the roof is an obstruction unless you're right on the rail. The show was designed to be viewed front-and-center. It's the same reason I think the California Grill is wildly overrated. It's neat to be on that roof but the fireworks aren't meant to be watched from that angle.
Is "work your way" code for squeezing in front of people?

tirian

Is "work your way" code for squeezing in front of people?
Considering that’s not how the Tomorrowland Terrace seating arrangement works, that’s probably not what he meant.

I did that party one time when it first opened. The viewing angle was awful everywhere except one corner, and the desserts tasted like they’d been prepared hours in advance and left outside to crust over, which is probably exactly what happened.

drizgirl

Considering that’s not how the Tomorrowland Terrace seating arrangement works, that’s probably not what he meant.

I did that party one time when it first opened. The viewing angle was awful everywhere except one corner, and the desserts tasted like they’d been prepared hours in advance and left outside to crust over, which is probably exactly what happened.
He was talking about the Plaza Garden for viewing, not the Tomorrowland Terrace.

EricsBiscuit

What makes me mad with the desert parties is how they close off this area when hardly any party attendees stand there. It was my favorite spot to see the fireworks because it offered a perfect view of the castle, wasn't crowded until 5 mins before, and offered great spots to see the fireworks.
IMG_5684.JPG

drizgirl

This also seems to mean that the people at the pre-fireworks party will be ushered out pretty quickly so they can turn it for the post-fireworks party. Unless there are separate seating areas or something. This sounds...bad.
Henry Ford would be proud.

nicb88

This also seems to mean that the people at the pre-fireworks party will be ushered out pretty quickly so they can turn it for the post-fireworks party. Unless there are separate seating areas or something. This sounds...bad.

Perhaps they'll use the upper seating area of TT, which if I'm not mistaken is used for those with Plaza Gardens Viewing and by then would be empty as those guests would have migrated across to see the show?

asianway

What makes me mad with the desert parties is how they close off this area when hardly any party attendees stand there. It was my favorite spot to see the fireworks because it offered a perfect view of the castle, wasn't crowded until 5 mins before, and offered great spots to see the fireworks. View attachment 284591
Then youd have the place overrun with cheap skates pushing the dessert party people out of the way

eliza61nyc

Is the dessert parties worth the price and price increases? For that price I would expect something more than cookies, brownies, and desserts I don't eat, and punch! Just sayin, never did the dessert parties...

I put the dessert parties in those "do once and that's it" category. Like eating at Cinderellas' castle.

Did we have a great time? absolutely and I definitely liked having a dedicated viewing section.

Now as far as the price? It's easy, you either think it's worth it or you don't. I did the illuminations cruise, that was another "extra" that I thought was one or done.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom