News Magic Kingdom Fireworks Dessert Party price increases coming soon

Weather_Lady

I'm surprised, as I was under the impression that the Dessert Party was so overpriced already that it wasn't typically "selling out" anymore. We're going Saturday, May 5th (only because it's my daughter's birthday and was her special request -- I don't pretend for a moment that it's remotely worth the cost), and if I search for Dessert Party availability on that date for the maximum number of people the website will allow -- a party of 25 -- it's still showing availability.

Biff215

I'm surprised, as I was under the impression that the Dessert Party was so overpriced already that it wasn't typically "selling out" anymore. We're going Saturday, May 5th (only because it's my daughter's birthday and was her special request -- I don't pretend for a moment that it's remotely worth the cost), and if I search for Dessert Party availability on that date for the maximum number of people the website will allow -- a party of 25 -- it's still showing availability.
If so, that’s just Disney math they’re using... How do we make more money off of this when we’re not selling out? Should we cut the price and fill those spots? Nope, let’s just raise the price and see if the same guests are willing to spend the money.

Now that I typed it, it sounds a lot like Newsies. Hope it ends in a similar fashion. We sprung for the dessert party about 6 years ago for our friends and us, 7 of us total (think it was just over $100, 4 adults, 3 kids). While certainly not cheap it seemed like something cool to treat them to. We weren’t overly impressed with the desserts or seating, but we had a good time anyway and weren’t out several hundred dollars like we would be now. It was another one of those things I’m glad we did before the price got out of hand.

Dole Whip Happy Hour

Here is hoping they add to the menu to make it a little more worthwhile... rose gold something....something with something pretty cool on top....
something thats sounds like Al key hall......

Dad 2 M & M

As others have said, the point is we seemingly reserved and paid for the price advertised, and even so they still refunded as the announcement hadn't been made. I don't suppose they had any obligation to do so. That's showing some customer service. Some might consider it pixie dust, others might just appreciate it.
Well said.....it was refreshing to read this post in the midst of all the emotion in this thread.......the fact Disney refunded after you had already accepted the price and paid.....thank you for showing your appreciation for the machine doing something they were not obligated.

May your day be filled with much pixie dust

Ariel1986

Since MK restaurants now serve alcohol, the price increase would make more sense if they now included alcohol with this. I would maybe consider the garden viewing price if it included alcohol.

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
Is here what urks me; they charge these prices and people pay it, which is fine by me. Kudos to Disney for making that kind of money for cookies and cup cakes. But why oh why can they not keep their website functioning for more than 24 hours? I have been getting the Stitch ate the page screen since yesterday on everything from dining to resort availability. I even tried clicking on "spas and fitness centers" just to see if that would work, and nope. Whats the deal?

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
Is here what urks me; they charge these prices and people pay it, which is fine by me. Kudos to Disney for making that kind of money for cookies and cup cakes. But why oh why can they not keep their website functioning for more than 24 hours? I have been getting the Stitch ate the page screen since yesterday on everything from dining to resort availability. I even tried clicking on "spas and fitness centers" just to see if that would work, and nope. Whats the deal?
That will all be fixed when they make us subscribe to the website... $25 per year for regular access, $69 for "deluxe" access, and $99 for "concierge" access...

Dole Whip Happy Hour

does it help if you log out and log back in again? I find sometimes that helps.....

Nubs70

As others have said, the point is we seemingly reserved and paid for the price advertised, and even so they still refunded as the announcement hadn't been made. I don't suppose they had any obligation to do so. That's showing some customer service. Some might consider it pixie dust, others might just appreciate it.
Refunds are simply to be in compliance with Uniform Commercial Code.

If you booked.and paid for dessert party prior to official price change, you have entered into a contract with WDW. Failure of WDW to honor contracted price would be in violation of UCC.

No pixie dust involved just legal obligation.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
Refunds are simply to be in compliance with Uniform Commercial Code.

If you booked.and paid for dessert party prior to official price change, you have entered into a contract with WDW. Failure of WDW to honor contracted price would be in violation of UCC.

No pixie dust involved just legal obligation.
Besides, they'll get that money back when you actually take your trip.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom