News Magic Kingdom Fireworks Dessert Party price increases coming soon

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
We used to watch Wishes! from the Tomorrowland Terrace about 10 years ago for around $20 for our family. That was the cost of the Mickey Ice Cream bars we'd eat while watching. ;) But remember - Everything you used to be able to do, you can still do - It may just cost you an arm and a leg, pound of flesh, and your first born to do it.

But it's SO MUCH MORE MAGICAL for Wall St...

jakeman

The question is never asked is the change more magic for the guest or the shareholder, In this case it's indeed 400% more magical for Goldman Sachs, The guest who gets to pay for it well not so much more Magical...
But it's SO MUCH MORE MAGICAL for Wall St...
You forget who Disney's customer is since Iger was appointed and it's NOT the guests, It's Wall St. The Guests simply pay the freight.
Settle down there, Sparky.

We get it.

Wall Street.

Epcotbob

Well Disney is apparently letting their greed show more and more lately without regard as to the middle class at all.

I laughed when I saw the price, thinking maybe I was remembering the old price wrong....but I looked back and yep, it used to cost $22 back in the day.

That being said, it's simple supply/demand though. If they continue to sell out as they raise prices, they will continue to test the top end to see where the breaking point is.....

DznyRktekt

Hence the reason we don't visit at least once a year anymore. This trip is actually one day in the middle of our stay on the gulf side of the state.

ToTBellHop

I laughed when I saw the price, thinking maybe I was remembering the old price wrong....but I looked back and yep, it used to cost $22 back in the day.

That being said, it's simple supply/demand though. If they continue to sell out as they raise prices, they will continue to test the top end to see where the breaking point is.....
What's silly about it to me (and this is just me) is that they expanded the Hub by so much that it isn't that hard for me to find a spot for Happily Ever After. And I can grab 4 Plaza Ice Cream Parlor sundaes for my family, too! 5 years ago, when it was really crammed trying to see Wishes (and the dessert party was under $30), it was a steal to us. We gladly went. It helped that we had babies back then and appreciated the relaxation leading up to the fireworks. Now the boys would rather be on Big Thunder 30 min before HEA!

Dole Whip Happy Hour

We did the Terrace about four years ago and loved it. But really do not think it is worth almost a hundred dollars per person with the view being off to the side. At this point, maybe they should think about making it a meal with desserts.
We don't go to the higher end restaurants on the property, so I don't know, to compare, which restaurants could you go to for that price?

matt9112

Last week I booked the Fireworks Dessert Party with Plaza Garden Viewing for six guests for June 5, 2018. The total charge was $358.00. Within a day or two of booking I received a call from the mouse explaining that there was an error with the pricing on the website, and that I will receive a refund on my credit card for around $50.

Edit: I was typing this while the above when nicb88 posted. Interesting to get a refund from Disney.

that's some expensive cup cakes captain.

Epcotbob

We did the Terrace about four years ago and loved it. But really do not think it is worth almost a hundred dollars per person with the view being off to the side. At this point, maybe they should think about making it a meal with desserts.
We don't go to the higher end restaurants on the property, so I don't know, to compare, which restaurants could you go to for that price?

Heck, you could have a signature steak meal with dessert at the Yachtsman or LeCellier for cheaper than the dessert party.....or better yet, go to the California Grill on top of the Contemporary Resort, order a nice meal with dessert and watch the fireworks from the balcony....still cheaper!

ThatMouse

I wish you could still eat there at TT. It's always closed off for special events. And the Plaza is PACKED during that time. No way I want to be anywhere near there an hour before closing nowadays.

Epcotbob

No one has to buy the desert party tickets. If people want to it's their right and their money. No one is forced so I don't understand why people are upset.

I don't think anyone is "upset", just debating the value against other options. For some, the value of having a nice place to sit at the Magic Kingdom for Fireworks and enjoy some desserts is worth the cost....more power to 'em!

Some in my family think I'm crazy for going to WDW at all given the cost, but's worth it to me (for now).

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Why is Plaza Garden dessert party viewing cheaper than Tommorowland Terrance? Plaza Garden is in the middle of the hub offering a much better view of HEA and castle while Tomorrowland Terrance you can't even see the projections or the castle face on.

Is the food quality different?
Terrace has seating and AC (kinda).

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster

Its launch price was $17.99 for adults and $9.99 for kids.

drizgirl

Why is Plaza Garden dessert party viewing cheaper than Tommorowland Terrance? Plaza Garden is in the middle of the hub offering a much better view of HEA and castle while Tomorrowland Terrance you can't even see the projections or the castle face on.

Is the food quality different?
Reserved seats come at a very high premium in the MK.

nicb88

So now if Disney overcharges then refunds the difference, it's pixiedust?

As others have said, the point is we seemingly reserved and paid for the price advertised, and even so they still refunded as the announcement hadn't been made. I don't suppose they had any obligation to do so. That's showing some customer service. Some might consider it pixie dust, others might just appreciate it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom