News Magic Kingdom Fireworks Dessert Party price increases coming soon

nicb88

Refunds are simply to be in compliance with Uniform Commercial Code.

If you booked.and paid for dessert party prior to official price change, you have entered into a contract with WDW. Failure of WDW to honor contracted price would be in violation of UCC.

No pixie dust involved just legal obligation.

Do they actually have to make an announcement about the price change for it to be contractual, given I paid what was stated on the website at the time of booking? Does that not constitute part of a contract? Genuine curiosity, no rudeness implied :)

dizneeboy

Is the dessert parties worth the price and price increases? For that price I would expect something more than cookies, brownies, and desserts I don't eat, and punch! Just sayin, never did the dessert parties...

"Worth the price" will always be a relative term to the person(s) going. We did the Hallowishes fireworks from the terrace and then I just did the plaza gardens viewing a couple weeks ago for HEA. Of the two, the plaza was the better deal in my eyes since the food is the same. The table was nice to have but as soon as the fireworks started, all the tables behind us all move their seats and it got very crowded quickly. The plaza gardens viewing was really nice because we showed up 15 minutes before showtime and got a great spot and was able to sit comfortably on the ground to watch the show with no one crowding us (it also had a better view). There was a photopass cast member set up inside to get great shots before and after the show as well which was a nice touch.

That said, I wouldn't do either again unless the show changed overall (or for a holiday) or FP+ reservations prevent us from finding a great spot early enough (If I was with someone new who hadn't seen the show yet and it was high on their list).

Nubs70

Do they actually have to make an announcement about the price change for it to be contractual, given I paid what was stated on the website at the time of booking? Does that not constitute part of a contract? Genuine curiosity, no rudeness implied :)
Yes, you are right.
Looks like an accounting rebate game. Sort of like Kohl's pricing strategy where list price is huge but rebates are plentiful. In the end, customer spends a crap ton of money yet feels rally good about they money they "saved"

DryerLintFan

Premium Member
So how much Desert and ice cream do you get? I could eat my body Weight In Sweets and now my cardiologist just passed out, because I’m not kidding, and he knows it...

You could,... but you won't want to. The desserts at the HEA dessert party are terrible. My almost 3 year old wouldn't eat some of them, and she loves Palmer's chocolate :hungover::hungover:

DryerLintFan

Premium Member
What you're really getting with the dessert party is sub-par desserts, sparkly apple juice (if you're lucky like we were), and a phenomenal, uncrowded spot to watch the fireworks.

You're paying for the former fastpass area, not for the desserts. You should be asking yourself if a guaranteed non crowded area to watch fireworks is worth the $84, because that's the only way you're getting your "money's worth" out of this one.

Although I've heard the Star Wars party is a completely different story.

Dole Whip Happy Hour

I would be a happy camper if they had like an assortment of the best desserts,(or most popular/classic snacks) from the park(s)
Like have Dole Whips, the waffles from Sleepy Hollow, Cheshire Cat Tails, Mickey bars, school bread from epcot, stuff like that....It would be wonderful to be able to sample them all in one night, in one location. All the great things that you hear about, but never tried for lack of time, or what not....I might be willing to pay even more...

nicb88

What you're really getting with the dessert party is sub-par desserts, sparkly apple juice (if you're lucky like we were), and a phenomenal, uncrowded spot to watch the fireworks.

You're paying for the former fastpass area, not for the desserts. You should be asking yourself if a guaranteed non crowded area to watch fireworks is worth the $84, because that's the only way you're getting your "money's worth" out of this one.

Although I've heard the Star Wars party is a completely different story.

In the past I've done the Illuminations Party, Wishes Party, Star Wars Party and the Jingle Bell Jingle Bam Party (all during different vacations), and they're much of the same. The best was probably JBJB. The Star Wars party was nice because of a few characters but it was mostly the same desserts and a sub-par space with no dedicated seating inside Launch Bay. I would probably rather do the HEA Party now over that.

MichWolv

Born Modest. Wore Off.
Premium Member
I thought about doing the Wishes Dessert party back in 2010 when it was $21.99 for Adults and $11.99 for kids...and thought it was too much then. So, is the Dessert Party 400% better than it was 8 years ago to match the price increases?
I had similar thought. I did it twice back then and thought it was reasonable, although not something I’d do all every trip. At almost 4 times that price, wow.

Wngo905

In the Parks
No
So, am I understanding this correctly? There is going to be a (1) dessert party on the TT pre and During the fireworks and (2) a dessert party After the fireworks, where those people watch from the plaza but then transfer to the TT afterwords to eat?

If that is right then............................ MONEY GRAB!!!!!!

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I thought about doing the Wishes Dessert party back in 2010 when it was $21.99 for Adults and $11.99 for kids...and thought it was too much then. So, is the Dessert Party 400% better than it was 8 years ago to match the price increases?

Why would you doubt its that much better?

Don’t you believe in Magic, wishes and dreams?!?!?

(FYI...private illuminations in France in 2004 was $986....for 48)

ThatMouse

So, am I understanding this correctly? There is going to be a (1) dessert party on the TT pre and During the fireworks and (2) a dessert party After the fireworks, where those people watch from the plaza but then transfer to the TT afterwords to eat?

It also seems like you would be swimming upstream to get back to TT. These dessert parties don't seem to elevate waiting around or being herded, which is why we usually skip these fireworks altogether or watch from the resorts where I can have a beer aka my $8 dessert party.

drizgirl

If that is right then............................ MONEY GRAB!!!!!!
And (gulp) twice as many people in that section to watch fireworks?

CaptainAmerica

Yeah, I don't get it. Who pays for these things? If the deserts are anything like what they serve at private / corporate events, blegh. You're better off watching the fireworks for free and then hitting the buffet at Boma.

Last edited:

Dole Whip Happy Hour

This could work for many people. Watch the fireworks and then sit down, relax, and have a special treat afterwards as the crowds disperse.. Nice to not use precious park time to go to the dessert party beforehand. It would work well if people have later dining reservations and are worried they will be too full to eat much of the selection at the dessert party.

It also seems like you would be swimming upstream to get back to TT
yea, that could be a major problem with it

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom