Magic Kingdom Fireworks Dessert Party price increase

Kevin_W

That’s what I said the last time they raised prices for this, but they’re banking on people’s lack of knowledge about their options and the previous price range.

Right, I saw this every time. I know Disney snack prices have increased a lot of the years, but do you realize what $99 will buy you an Main Street Bakery/the confectionary? Way more than you can possibly eat. And for the amount of time you invest in a dessert party, you can stake out a plenty good spot on your own.

John park hopper

The wife and I ate at JIko our last visit and the food was excellent, the service was fantastic the bill with tip came to $190 and some change. I would go back to Jiko any day of the week rather than spend ~200 bucks for deserts and look at fireworks. Disney you have lost your mind. PS ---we had desert--- cheese cake (one of the better cheese cakes i have had) which I am sure was way better than any desert served at a desert party

Last edited:

worldfanatic

I was disappointed at how crowded the Plaza Garden was during my party a couple years back.
We were pretty packed in, didn't really feel all that "exclusive".

MaximumEd

It would be $300 bucks for our family of 3 at the new prices. I honestly can’t fathom how I would spend that kind of money for some average at best desserts and a table to sit at, if that, to watch fireworks. It boggles the mind that someone would pull the trigger on this. I know the whole place is expensive, but wow. Pure insanity.

MrPromey

i paid less than $30 for this 6 years ago...crazy

It's funny - I remember thinking it was slightly pricey back then for desert and a view that had been freely available before they started blocking it off for these parties* but worth doing a couple of times.

Now? :hilarious:

*This was a new concept for Disney at the time - taking away things that had been free with admission and charging people for getting them back so it seemed back then, at least, like it was more about the desert party and not about taking over a mediocre viewing spot.

Last edited:

MrPromey

We also did the party when it was $28 6 years ago and didn't think it was worth it then. Hopefully they really really up the game

The thing is, at that point, we all still saw this area as just regular viewing and nothing special because you hadn't previously had to pay to use it so the perception of a "premium" fireworks viewing wasn't there. They also hadn't yet converted the show into something that pretty much could only be seen from the front of the castle thanks to the projection emphasis we have today.

In this instance, they've very much created the problem and then started charging people ever-increasing prices to solve it for them.

We were there Saturday night - one of the "slow days" still and moving around during the fireworks was a nightmare. They basically had all access directly to Main Street cut off, forcing people down the bypass to come out the other end and then come back up if they wanted anything on Main Street due to how packed that front-of-the-castle viewing now is and this was again, on a day with some of the lowest wait times in the park for years.

Last edited:

monothingie

❤️Bob4Eva❤️
Premium Member
It would be $300 bucks for our family of 3 at the new prices. I honestly can’t fathom how I would spend that kind of money for some average at best desserts and a table to sit at, if that, to watch fireworks. It boggles the mind that someone would pull the trigger on this. I know the whole place is expensive, but wow. Pure insanity.

I'm not being rude or insensitive about this, but you are not the guest Disney wants to participate in these type events. This and other upcharge items, VIP Tours, enchanting extras, etc. are geared towards price insensitive guests. An extra $500 is a drop in the bucket. These guests either don't care about value or perhaps don't know any better, which make them the ideal demographic.

For me, it's not about the money, it's about the value and the experience. I participate in some of the extras because I see value in it. These dessert parties just don't do it for me. I would rather be elsewhere in the park, or if I was hellbent on seeing HEA or whatever I'd be at the CG enjoying a nice glass of wine with a nice meal or app or dessert for roughly the same price point.

CJR

During next year's meeting:
d07e44e436aa5b9ef5c80950c8702959.png

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom