Magic Kingdom Fireworks Dessert Party price increase

wendysue

As soon as I saw this....:banghead::banghead:😂 Sorry, I can't understand why anyone would pay this for a plate of sugar and a chair, (or a spot on the plaza), when others can stand a few feet away and save the 100 bucks.

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
As soon as I saw this....:banghead::banghead:😂 Sorry, I can't understand why anyone would pay this for a plate of sugar and a chair, (or a spot on the plaza), when others can stand a few feet away and save the 100 bucks.

Because in the scope of things a hundred dollars to some is inconsequential. Sorry if it's not to anyone reading this. We don't live in Golden Oaks and are not DVC members, but we do spend about a month a year at wdw. Its not our only vacation either.

Disorbust

Because in the scope of things a hundred dollars to some is inconsequential. Sorry if it's not to anyone reading this. We don't live in Golden Oaks and are not DVC members, but we do spend about a month a year at wdw. Its not our only vacation either.

Your right and you can spend your money anyway you want, as can I. I just don't find there is a $500 value there for our family. My concerns is for the first timer who thinks this is a really special event,who is on a limited budget, and pulls the trigger and kicks themselves for it. Just IMHO, it so not worth it to the average bear.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
Don't care that the price went up a few bucks. I'm not on the I'd never bandwagon. I do because I will not settle for the mosh pit of the hub, like to have seating and a cup of coffee or tea while waiting and refuse to engage in the silliness of kids on shoulders, iPad / phones raised in the air, or guests feigning knowledge of simple English-language phrases so they can remain in in the walkways. Not elitism... just not dealing with entitled behavior from other guests.
So, what you're saying is that TDO has monetized guest incivility?

monothingie

Evil will always triumph, because good is dumb.
Premium Member
I really think this may be related to attendance/bookings being down and squeezing every penny so "guest" spending is up.
While I see where you’re going with this, since it takes effect on February it really won’t change anything right now. Which is all that TDO cares about.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I remember 'E-Ticket Nights' in the late 1980s.
I think it was $15 to ride all night after the Park closed to Day Guests.
Good times....

:)
It’s was $18 in 2002. No joke.

But now people pay $120 to avoid daily ride rationing...so how lost is we??
The number of 'I remember when' posts here is amusing.

Don't forget kids... Disney is a business, first and foremost.
Nobody that “remembers” doubts this...because they’ve lived longer and have more real world experience which leads to wisdom and is worth considering...”kids”
one that will artificially create problems in order to profit off of solutions, that is - an important distinction
And this is behind the curtain. People are refusing to kinda take this seriously on the levels needed.
Exactly.

This is not exclusive to Disney :)
But also doesn’t make it a “standard policy” requirement. Crazy and singular has been consistently the most profitable over the course of history.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Holy. Carp. Is it really? I had no idea.
. Very “novice” level of tongue in cheek, is it not?
So do I...but why would I say that here? Because it sounds elitist...maybe?

I usually agree with you but this comes off really smelly...it does.

And if you need a reason -
Which you don’t as a bright boy/girl - is that paying for something without valuation is NEVER a good idea as a general attitude.

The wealthiest people in the world will always tell you not to pay ransoms driven by emotion. They don’t need to look at a price...but it’s a universal accepted concept.

That’s what is missing in wdw consumers more than anything now. And I have to recognize it in myself at times as well. It’s an appropriate price or it isn’t based on value...not means.
“Responsible consumerism”

This is a stock company with a cashing out CEO and obtuse board...you let them drive the prices like a race horse and it will end badly for EVERYONE as the street dictates the future. Has to be some resolve by the consumer to force pause in the seller.

MaximumEd

I'm not being rude or insensitive about this, but you are not the guest Disney wants to participate in these type events. This and other upcharge items, VIP Tours, enchanting extras, etc. are geared towards price insensitive guests. An extra $500 is a drop in the bucket. These guests either don't care about value or perhaps don't know any better, which make them the ideal demographic.

For me, it's not about the money, it's about the value and the experience. I participate in some of the extras because I see value in it. These dessert parties just don't do it for me. I would rather be elsewhere in the park, or if I was hellbent on seeing HEA or whatever I'd be at the CG enjoying a nice glass of wine with a nice meal or app or dessert for roughly the same price point.

You are correct in saying I’m not their target for this. It’s also not about the money. I don’t mind paying top dollar for a nice meal or an amazing experience, but there’s zero value in this for me, considering the asking price.

Tanna Eros

LOL - I doubt they will. We did it two years ago (birthday splurge for one of the kids). It was nice to do as a one-and-done, since we'll probably never bother to try and watch the projection/fireworks show again -- we're too impatient to stake out spots way ahead, and we find being stuck in crowds too stressful. Still, for the $60 or whatever it was that we paid per person at the time (for the Plaza Garden viewing, which was absolutely fantastic), the food offerings probably added up to $20 per person in value, even if one treated it as a substitute for a meal, downed 2-3 platefuls of goodies, and stuffed their pockets with additional water bottles afterward. (Yes, we did that, with our server's encouragement - don't judge!)

There was a make-your-own cookie/sundae bar with simple toppings, several kinds of macarons, tiny brownies and other dessert bites (all of which looked beautiful but most of which tasted like a mixture of chalk, sugar and chemical dye), juice, coffee, mini water bottles, chocolate-covered strawberries, some sliced melon/grapes/pineapple, cubes of inexpensive cheeses like cheddar and colby, and crackers. No alcohol (of course), and nothing upscale in terms of brand or quality other than perhaps the macarons, which I know are sold on property for something like $5 or $6. Because we booked ahead, we had the additional pleasure of a table with a tablecloth and candle, just one tier up from those who paid for Terrace seating. Guests who booked day-of paid the same amount we did, and got seated in the rear next to the buffet, with no view and maximum noise, at naked cafeteria-style tables, as if they'd paid for first class accommodations and got mistakenly shuffled into steerage.
I'm not going to lie- I'm going to take that party idea and home bake it for my nieces' and nephew's cookie decorating party. Have that weird sundae bar, but use quality stuff.
You said "one and done", so I take it there's not a lot of repeat customers; maybe that's why the price is so high. There's that real estate they want to get money from, and there's only so many people that will buy into it.

Nunu

Wanderluster
Premium Member
I guess we're not the intended target either, we don't see the value in these events. We like Disney's fireworks fine but rarely stay to watch due to the crazy crowds exiting the parks afterwards. Maybe splurge on a nice steak and wine dinner for about the same price, and for a very special occasion, would be more up our alley.

That being said, these parties are very popular and of course, Disney will keep rising prices as long as people keep buying.

Weather_Lady

I'm not going to lie- I'm going to take that party idea and home bake it for my nieces' and nephew's cookie decorating party. Have that weird sundae bar, but use quality stuff.
You said "one and done", so I take it there's not a lot of repeat customers; maybe that's why the price is so high. There's that real estate they want to get money from, and there's only so many people that will buy into it.

I'm sure you're right about the lack of repeat customers. In fact, when we did it - in May of 2017 on a day with average crowds- the Dessert Party was only about 2/3 sold out, with a number of empty tables. Maybe our night was an anomaly, but I had assumed it was a reflection of Disney out-pricing the market even then.

allymonkey

We did this party with the garden viewing last month as a one time splurge. (We were going to do Early Morning Magic at DHS because my son was really looking forward to Slinky Dog but the event was sold out by the time I called to get tickets so we let him pick something else instead). The desserts were good. It was nice to sit on the cool terrace and relax before the fireworks without needing to sit on Main St for 60-90 minutes. And the garden was not crowded on the night we attended so we had a fantastic view of the castle. BUT... even at the current price we felt it was a little pricey (including at least one adult beverage in the price would have eased the pain a little). We definitely would not do it again with the price increasing.

prberk

I still can never see these as ever more valuable or iconic than the view and experience I get every time by shopping on Main Street until just before the fireworks, and at just the right time for the show to start, stepping out into the middle of the street (right about where the "cross street" is) and watching the show. That is the iconic view, and the sound and side views are just right there. And because I was shopping next door until showtime, no staking out a place. They keep the street flowing until then (even busy days). And then once the show starts, you may stand there until it is over.

So I see absolutely no advantage to this money-grab. In fact, my view is better, and it reminds me of the Wonderful World of Disney.

disney4life2008

Do you really think this will be a problem? People will pay $100 for trash if Disney slapped a logo on it. I never understood the point of anyone paying to see fireworks when you can see it for free. And the desserts are disgusting. For $100, I can watch free fireworks then go to Ohana twice and get a better view lol

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom